Impeach Part 2

SamSpade

Just read Alan Dershowitz's article -

The problem with impeaching - despite the fact that historically, to examine the facts, impeachment is a process that usually takes over a month and they have nine days - eight really, because Trump is only President until Biden takes the oath of office - to vote to remove him from office cannot take place until the new Senate is seated.

THAT happens one hour after Biden is sworn in. At that point, Trump is a private citizen.

Sorry - but not only would any impeachment be a ridiculous sideshow - but it serves no purpose even if the new Senate has 100 Democrats.

Will you please just move on?

Rommey

The problem with impeaching - despite the fact that historically, to examine the facts, impeachment is a process that usually takes over a month and they have nine days - eight really, because Trump is only President until Biden takes the oath of office - to vote to remove him from office cannot take place until the new Senate is seated.

THAT happens one hour after Biden is sworn in. At that point, Trump is a private citizen.

Sorry - but not only would any impeachment be a ridiculous sideshow - but it serves no purpose even if the new Senate has 100 Democrats.

The new Senate is already seated. The only thing that happens on the 20th is that the Dems take control of the Senate once Kamala is sworn in and the two Georgia Senators are sworn in. It's 51R/48D right now until the two Georgia Senators are sworn in around Jan 22. Even if they were sworn in right now, the Senate would be 50/50 and with Pence being the President the Senate and the tie breaking vote, McConnell is still the Senate leader until the 20th.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Louise

You are, exactly, right. I am sick of the poop show of it all. And, for the fact that “they” think they can ”rein” in patriots. Pun intended. Take care, Sam. I look forward to your posts.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Not so fast... so if Trump is a private citizen, can he say whatever he wants? :oops:

Imagine if he wasn't chained - knowing what he knows now?

Yeah - we all know it is a bunch of bs.

Louise

Not so fast... so if Trump is a private citizen, can he say whatever he wants? :oops:

I am hoping he releases the damning evidence that he has on the swamp coup, before he is out. What difference at this point, does it make? To quote Hillary. It makes a lot of difference. God bless America.

He won’t be a private citizen- he will still get protective services etc. the impeachment and hopefully conviction in the senate will prevent this domestic terrorist from ever being able to run for office. Ever.

Hijinx

I am hoping he releases the damning evidence that he has on the swamp coup, before he is out. What difference at this point, does it make? To quote Hillary. It makes a lot of difference. God bless America.

Personally--I don't think Trump has any damning evidence.
If he did he would have already released it.
The Deep State isn't going to give him anything.

He also better get some good Attorneys because they will be after him for the next 4 years.
These people want his blood.

SamSpade

He also better get some good Attorneys because they will be after him for the next 4 years.
These people want his blood.

This is also the act of a rising authoritarian regime - and it happens everywhere there is one -

REVENGE on the previous one. In the past, in this country, even when the celebrating is a bit over the top and happy days are here again - the new administration entering has a "this time it will be better" attitude - and the old one fades away.

But with despots - they have to plow salt into the fields. They hunt down their "enemies" and destroy them. They take measures to try and make sure they're gone for good.

CPUSA

He won’t be a private citizen- he will still get protective services etc. the impeachment and hopefully conviction in the senate will prevent this domestic terrorist from ever being able to run for office. Ever.
Still stuck wide open on stupid, I see...

Hijinx

This is also the act of a rising authoritarian regime - and it happens everywhere there is one -

REVENGE on the previous one. In the past, in this country, even when the celebrating is a bit over the top and happy days are here again - the new administration entering has a "this time it will be better" attitude - and the old one fades away.

But with despots - they have to plow salt into the fields. They hunt down their "enemies" and destroy them. They take measures to try and make sure they're gone for good.

I call it being Palin'ed

Reactions: BOP

PsyOps

Pixelated

Okay, this about Trump, not Biden.

Hijinx

Did you see where she's going to run against Murkowski?

I did not, but I am glad she is. I sure hope they don't pull the same crap where they practically bankrupted her last time.
It takes real courage for her to run again.
Murcowski really sucks.

Reactions: BOP

herb749

Isn't this all show and blather. Once the House votes for Impeachment, don't they send it to the Senate and arrange for a trial. Then they present evidence to prove it. ( which they really can't ).

They hope to get all this done in 8 days.?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Isn't this all show and blather. Once the House votes for Impeachment, don't they send it to the Senate and arrange for a trial. Then they present evidence to prove it. ( which they really can't ).

They hope to get all this done in 8 days.?
It's been their MO for the last 4 years, why stop now? I wish the American tax payers had back all the money they've spent because orange man bad. It's ****ing disgraceful. It's like every damned one of them are infected with the same strain of the stupid bug. I can see Nancy, because of the wet brain, but the younger ones act like they catch a contact high of senility from her.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

THAT happens one hour after Biden is sworn in.
At that point, Trump is a private citizen.

And so many people - INCLUDING ALL THE TALK SHOW "PUNDITS" are overlooking these facts.

They continue to bloviate ad nauseam about impeachment.

And et tu, Liz Cheney? I am SO DONE WITH HER. I cannot fathom how she is out there leading that charge. I completely mis-judged her. Completely,