Impeach Part 2

SamSpade

No trial, nothing? Just because they said so? Shameful.
There won't be a trial - but that's not what an impeachment does - it's just a charge.

What there was NOT, was an investigative hearing - where both sides get to look at the evidence.

As such, ZERO EVIDENCE was brought forth and it is looking now like it was entirely based on bullshit - if the FBI sat on evidence that this had been planned for weeks - there's no way in hell Trump could be held liable.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There won't be a trial - but that's not what an impeachment does - it's just a charge.

What there was NOT, was an investigative hearing - where both sides get to look at the evidence.

As such, ZERO EVIDENCE was brought forth and it is looking now like it was entirely based on bullshit - if the FBI sat on evidence that this had been planned for weeks - there's no way in hell Trump could be held liable.
So basically, a dog and pony show. And letting the media "present" the evidence. All for naught.

BOP

Don't know, but I do know the specific words Trump used to cause half this country to become mentally ill Spotless Minders:

"I, Donald J. Trump, solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Way before that:

"So ladies and gentlemen...I am officially running...for President of the United States, and we are going to make our country great again."

SamSpade

So basically, a dog and pony show. And letting the media "present" the evidence. All for naught.

So they can say "he's the only President to have been impeached TWICE". Yeah, how hard was that? You got a Dem majority to vote. Guess what? In 2022, when the House turns red, gonna be just as easy to impeach Biden.

The POINT of an impeachment is to bring a charge that gets voted on.

Doing it TWICE and getting NO CONSEQUENCE just makes it more laughable. I mean, it's like lawyers bragging about trying a guy twice - and someone says yeah - both times they just walked out the door afterward. Are you an idiot? Or just a terrible lawyer?

Worse, this second time won't even lead to an actual trial. Making it that much MORE pointless.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mitch put the damper on calling the Senate back early....so they will reconvene on the 19th. So much for the impeachment....

SamSpade

Mitch put the damper on calling the Senate back early....so they will reconvene on the 19th. So much for the impeachment....

And I think - if I'm not mistaken - they only REALLY meet until after Inauguration - that the convening on the 19th is marginal.

And even WITH the turncoat Republicans - they don't get 17 Republicans to vote against him.
Also, despite all of the crap they're trying to heap on him, most of it hinges on conviction in the Senate and he is STILL entitled to lifetime Secret Service protection, and not without reason - a former President is a treasure trove of national security information.

This wasn't JUST a waste of time - it just pisses off anyone sitting on the fence who isn't a rabid Trump hater.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So they can say "he's the only President to have been impeached TWICE". Yeah, how hard was that? You got a Dem majority to vote. Guess what? In 2022, when the House turns red, gonna be just as easy to impeach Biden.

They won't, though. Republicans are too gutless, under the guise of "we don't want to be like them."

Yeah? Well you can pat yourself on the back all the way to the gulag.

Reactions: BOP

rmorse

Then if this is basically over, why are there so many articles and so much on the news about what happens after the impeachment yesterday. My understanding is that the hearings will go on after Biden takes office when the Senate is 50/50. There is also still that piece out there about legislation to prevent him from ever holding office again.

What am I missing?

You’re a news company. You need people to click on your crap so you have other people pay to advertise on your website. Which of these do you think would cause more clicks?

Trump has been impeached for the second time! Here’s what comes next for the only president to have ever been impeached twice!

or

Biden will be next president and Trump has agreed to proceed with a peaceful transition.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Then if this is basically over, why are there so many articles and so much on the news about what happens after the impeachment yesterday.

Eyeballs and red meat. As I said before, that rabble ain't gonna rouse itself.

Impeachment works like it always has:

The House can impeach with a majority vote. Impeachment just means a formal charge has been filed; think of it as a Grand Jury hearing.

Then it goes to the Senate (the judges) to hear the evidence and decide the verdict. They need 2/3 majority to convict.

They can either say he's not guilty, go peddler yer papers; or they can say he's guilty and here's the punishment (which can be a number of things, one of which is removal from office). With multiple charges they can say he's guilty of this one but not these, and here's what we're going to do about it (which is usually nothing).

They're making an enormous deal about Trump being the first President in history to be impeached twice, but that's just blather and not worth a hill of chit. Gives the mindless progs something to crow about. "Yay! We called him a big doody head! Yay!"

ontheriver

You’re a news company. You need people to click on your crap so you have other people pay to advertise on your website. Which of these do you think would cause more clicks?

Trump has been impeached for the second time! Here’s what comes next for the only president to have ever been impeached twice!

or

Biden will be next president and Trump has agreed to proceed with a peaceful transition.

Always follow the money......

Kinnakeet

He won’t be a private citizen- he will still get protective services etc. the impeachment and hopefully conviction in the senate will prevent this domestic terrorist from ever being able to run for office. Ever.
IDIOT ALERT
He won’t be a private citizen- he will still get protective services etc. the impeachment and hopefully conviction in the senate will prevent this domestic terrorist from ever being able to run for office. Ever.

SamSpade

IDIOT ALERT

No kidding - most of the crap they hope to inflict on Trump DEPENDS on a conviction in the Senate unless they enact specific legislation for it, and THAT could be appealed to SCOTUS - you can't write laws just to hurt ONE PERSON.

And they won't get conviction in the Senate - it would require a third of the Republicans to vote for it, and that won't happen.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think what I'm questioning is some of the posts saying that the impeachment is over and what did it prove other then making Trump the only president to be impeached twice. In my mind it was a big deal and the impeachment is not over until the trial in the Senate and the outcome with an even split and a Democrat VP making the final decision. And there's the pesky piece about never being able to hold office again. That's got to be mighty tempting to Cruz and Hawley.

Impeachment used to be a big deal.....until the Democrats decided to turn it into a partisan weapon and make it no big deal. At one point - not that long ago - the Democrat Party was made up of sober lawmakers who took their jobs seriously. They may rail about impeachment on TV - see George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan before him - but if one of the more retarded members of their Party actually filed papers it never went anywhere.

Now, however, the Democrat Party has created and encouraged a cadre of monsters.....and those monsters want blood. So blood is what they're getting, even if it destroys the political process and makes the Democrats look like the buffoons they are.

Impeaching Trump twice for something he didn't do doesn't hurt Trump; it hurts the Democrats. That's why they have to cheat and shut down free speech to win elections.

You only think this silly impeachment is a big deal because the TV is telling you it is. But you're smart and old enough to remember what happened last time they impeached Trump, which was nothing.