Impeach Part 2

BOP

Impeachment used to be a big deal.....until the Democrats decided to turn it into a partisan weapon and make it no big deal. At one point - not that long ago - the Democrat Party was made up of sober lawmakers who took their jobs seriously. They may rail about impeachment on TV - see George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan before him - but if one of the more retarded members of their Party actually filed papers it never went anywhere.

Now, however, the Democrat Party has created and encouraged a cadre of monsters.....and those monsters want blood. So blood is what they're getting, even if it destroys the political process and makes the Democrats look like the buffoons they are.

Impeaching Trump twice for something he didn't do doesn't hurt Trump; it hurts the Democrats. That's why they have to cheat and shut down free speech to win elections.

You only think this silly impeachment is a big deal because the TV is telling you it is. But you're smart and old enough to remember what happened last time they impeached Trump, which was nothing.
It was kind of entertaining to watch the progs in the aftermath going "whatdaya mean he's still President!? He was impeached, gawddamit!"

SamSpade

Ok, I just heard something I honestly could not believe -

A representative claiming that if they wanted to UNIFY the country, they need to convict Trump in a trial.

What kind of bubble do these idiots live in?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ok, I just heard something I honestly could not believe -

A representative claiming that if they wanted to UNIFY the country, they need to convict Trump in a trial.

What kind of bubble do these idiots live in?

:roflmao:

Remember that old "How did Reagan win?? I don't know anyone who voted for him!" thing?

It's that. They live in a hivemind and literally don't know anyone who voted for Trump.

Reactions: BOP

Will99

Just read Alan Dershowitz's article -

The problem with impeaching - despite the fact that historically, to examine the facts, impeachment is a process that usually takes over a month and they have nine days - eight really, because Trump is only President until Biden takes the oath of office - to vote to remove him from office cannot take place until the new Senate is seated.

THAT happens one hour after Biden is sworn in. At that point, Trump is a private citizen.

Sorry - but not only would any impeachment be a ridiculous sideshow - but it serves no purpose even if the new Senate has 100 Democrats.

Will you please just move on?
I agree. This is not really in the spirit of bringing the country together. The guy has seven days left, let him go and move on. The democrats have been talking about impeachment from before he was sworn in. Impeachment of any president should be the very last resort. I think President Trump should have conceded this election after losing multiple legal battles, but his speech last week does not rise to the level of sedition or any sort of incitement to violence.

Hijinx

I agree. This is not really in the spirit of bringing the country together. The guy has seven days left, let him go and move on. The democrats have been talking about impeachment from before he was sworn in. Impeachment of any president should be the very last resort. I think President Trump should have conceded this election after losing multiple legal battles, but his speech last week does not rise to the level of sedition or any sort of incitement to violence.

Trump should Never Never concede.
That would be saying he lost and wasn't cheated.

SamSpade

The drive to punish him and his followers continues - which is unsurprising.

What bewilders me utterly is, THIS is what I keep seeing online --

That - "there's no UNITY without accountability" and
"He openly colluded with Russia to cheat in the election and got away with lying about it. " and
"He was impeached for the Ukrainian extortion scheme " (funny, the one person who CLEARLY extorted Ukraine is BIden - and he bragged about it) and
my favorite -
"The only way to stop the violence is to strip Trump and his followers of their sense of impunity. The only way that happens is with, heaven forbid, actual sanctions for their actions. "

Let this SINK INTO YOUR EARS -

To these people, unity happens when they shut you the hell up and make sure you're under their boot.
I've said this on here countless times - to these guys "bipartisan" means the Dems have enough votes to run over you, and unity means we have all the cards and you shut up and color.

EDITED TO ADD:

There were spots in the article - besides the bullshit Russian collusion thing - that made me want to close the page - the best one being that a cop was "beaten to death with a fire extinguisher". He was HIT with a fire extinguisher - it's on video - it was outside, the fire extinguisher was one of those small ones about the size of a 2 liter bottle of Coke and it was tossed at an unknown cop who was wearing a helmet - it bounces off - and by all appearances he seemed largely unfazed. Check out the video yourself -

Capitol rioter hits officer with fire extinguisher: video (nypost.com)

Kind of a far cry from being "beaten to death" - which throws great doubt on everything else said, doesn't it? The writer could NOT have seen it - being like a lot of lefties, just repeating what they've heard. Have to admit, when I looked it up myself it was anti-climactic.

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

No kidding - most of the crap they hope to inflict on Trump DEPENDS on a conviction in the Senate unless they enact specific legislation for it, and THAT could be appealed to SCOTUS - you can't write laws just to hurt ONE PERSON.

And they won't get conviction in the Senate - it would require a third of the Republicans to vote for it, and that won't happen.
a third of the Republicans to vote for it, and that won't happen. WE HOPE as the repubs seem to have turned against him atleast the ones that should never ever be in office again

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

a third of the Republicans to vote for it, and that won't happen. WE HOPE as the repubs seem to have turned against him atleast the ones that should never ever be in office again

Nowadays, most elections turn on a small portion of the electorate changing its mind - kind of a consequence when there's really just two parties and votes are kind of a zero sum game. You lose two points from your total, the other guy gets two - you're down four. (I realize it doesn't always work that way - you can vote for another candidate or choose not to vote - but it general, yeah, it does)

Hence politicians know - they can't afford to have 5% of their constituents vote the other way (unless they're in districts like Steny's where he could lose 10% and it would make no difference).

Yeah, what these guys fear is - losing their jobs.

Hijinx

The drive to punish him and his followers continues - which is unsurprising.

What bewilders me utterly is, THIS is what I keep seeing online --

That - "there's no UNITY without accountability" and
"He openly colluded with Russia to cheat in the election and got away with lying about it. " and
"He was impeached for the Ukrainian extortion scheme " (funny, the one person who CLEARLY extorted Ukraine is BIden - and he bragged about it) and
my favorite -
"The only way to stop the violence is to strip Trump and his followers of their sense of impunity. The only way that happens is with, heaven forbid, actual sanctions for their actions. "

Let this SINK INTO YOUR EARS -

To these people, unity happens when they shut you the hell up and make sure you're under their boot.
I've said this on here countless times - to these guys "bipartisan" means the Dems have enough votes to run over you, and unity means we have all the cards and you shut up and color.

EDITED TO ADD:

There were spots in the article - besides the bullshit Russian collusion thing - that made me want to close the page - the best one being that a cop was "beaten to death with a fire extinguisher". He was HIT with a fire extinguisher - it's on video - it was outside, the fire extinguisher was one of those small ones about the size of a 2 liter bottle of Coke and it was tossed at an unknown cop who was wearing a helmet - it bounces off - and by all appearances he seemed largely unfazed. Check out the video yourself -

Capitol rioter hits officer with fire extinguisher: video (nypost.com)

Kind of a far cry from being "beaten to death" - which throws great doubt on everything else said, doesn't it? The writer could NOT have seen it - being like a lot of lefties, just repeating what they've heard. Have to admit, when I looked it up myself it was anti-climactic.

Well you got farther than I did . This is the fake news that Trump has been speaking of all along.
This is the garbage news being fed to the Trump haters every day. And they eat it up like it was candy.

SamSpade

Well you got farther than I did . This is the fake news that Trump has been speaking of all along.
This is the garbage news being fed to the Trump haters every day. And they eat it up like it was candy.

And if AOC has her way - this is the ONLY news you'll get.

I can't believe this truth commission thing is originating with her - the woman who famously cried in a photo in front of a fence -
Which overlooked an empty parking lot. Yep. COMPLETELY MADE UP NEWS.

This is the person who wants to ensure you only get the "truth".

This was brought up on The Five and posed to Juan WIlliams - how would he feel about such a commission if Republicans were in charge of it?

Hijinx

And if AOC has her way - this is the ONLY news you'll get.

I can't believe this truth commission thing is originating with her - the woman who famously cried in a photo in front of a fence -
Which overlooked an empty parking lot. Yep. COMPLETELY MADE UP NEWS.

This is the person who wants to ensure you only get the "truth".

This was brought up on The Five and posed to Juan WIlliams - how would he feel about such a commission if Republicans were in charge of it?

Juan Williams is a waste of good oxygen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't believe this truth commission thing is originating with her -

And yet you've read Nineteen Eighty-Four.....

I believe fully that a "truth commission" would originate with a Leftist authoritarian. Who else would come up with this crap?

SamSpade

And yet you've read Nineteen Eighty-Four.....

I believe fully that a "truth commission" would originate with a Leftist authoritarian. Who else would come up with this crap?

I keep trying to play devil's advocate with that answer - insofar as asking "what would a hard right leaning society do, if they ruled the airwaves, TV, movies, cable networks and social media - and I keep coming up with the same answer - no, the right still wouldn't do it, but not because they so very much respect freedom of expression.

It has a lot more to do with the kind of person who leans conservative than anything else. Your average conservative from my perspective really just wants to be left alone to do their own thing - raise their own kids, teach their children, be with their friends, live their own life and help those who enter the sphere of their lives.

It's just not in their nature to get all up in someone else's chit.

These lunatics at the Capitol? We've never seen this before. But if you think Trump created that anger, you're wrong. The Left created that anger - it's been seething for years, long before Trump. The left has been ridiculing and marginalizing the right for decades. Blaming TRUMP is like when we get anger overseas from angry mobs and stupidly place the blame on the current adminstration, whomever is in. And I want to think "IDIOTS. Do you think people hate Americans, because a Republican is President? Or because of a Republican policy - and will LOVE us, when that changes? They have hated Americans for decades - who's in the White House or who holds Congress makes not a whit of difference".

The only culpability I can see for Trump is - he hit back. He didn't roll over and cave in like Republicans have been doing for years.