Impeach Part 2

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It has a lot more to do with the kind of person who leans conservative than anything else. Your average conservative from my perspective really just wants to be left alone to do their own thing

Except for the part where they want to tell women what to do about their pregnancies and make laws about who can marry who...

But let us not forget that it was the Republican Party that not only freed the slaves, but went to bat for black people 100 years later to integrate the schools.

The 19th Amendment was passed overwhelmingly by Republicans, with Democrats split.

Throughout history the Democrat Party has been made up of segregationists and white supremacists and subjugaters of women, and that's a fact. Which ties into this thread:

SamSpade

Except for the part where they want to tell women what to do about their pregnancies and make laws about who can marry who...

Well, you know that you and I will lock horns over this but:

1. Myself and others regard the first one as murder and feel the same about doing it to kids in diapers while the Dems are OK WITH ALLOWING A CHILD to die on its own should an abortion not result in the death of the newborn.
  2. I don't personally know any conservatives who still give a rat's butt about gay marriage, but many I know fear what IS coming - compelling religions to accept their lifestyle and criminalizing those that don't.

But let us not forget that it was the Republican Party that not only freed the slaves, but went to bat for black people 100 years later to integrate the schools.

The 19th Amendment was passed overwhelmingly by Republicans, with Democrats split.

Throughout history the Democrat Party has been made up of segregationists and white supremacists and subjugaters of women, and that's a fact.

Can't argue with you there. The first suffragettes in this country were all women, voted Republican and Susan B. Anthony publicly thanked the Republican Party for granting the vote. First woman elected to Congress - Republican Jeannette Rankin. First black man elected to Congress - Republican Joseph Rainey.

Now, the Dems are STILL that way - they're just masquerading as virtue signaling saviors of women, blacks and other groups - but woe to you if you choose NOT to be a Democrat. Hence, they show their colors - you're just a useful idiot to them. They care nothing for your rights.

Will99

The drive to punish him and his followers continues - which is unsurprising.

What bewilders me utterly is, THIS is what I keep seeing online --

That - "there's no UNITY without accountability" and
"He openly colluded with Russia to cheat in the election and got away with lying about it. " and
"He was impeached for the Ukrainian extortion scheme " (funny, the one person who CLEARLY extorted Ukraine is BIden - and he bragged about it) and
my favorite -
"The only way to stop the violence is to strip Trump and his followers of their sense of impunity. The only way that happens is with, heaven forbid, actual sanctions for their actions. "

Let this SINK INTO YOUR EARS -

To these people, unity happens when they shut you the hell up and make sure you're under their boot.
I've said this on here countless times - to these guys "bipartisan" means the Dems have enough votes to run over you, and unity means we have all the cards and you shut up and color.

EDITED TO ADD:

There were spots in the article - besides the bullshit Russian collusion thing - that made me want to close the page - the best one being that a cop was "beaten to death with a fire extinguisher". He was HIT with a fire extinguisher - it's on video - it was outside, the fire extinguisher was one of those small ones about the size of a 2 liter bottle of Coke and it was tossed at an unknown cop who was wearing a helmet - it bounces off - and by all appearances he seemed largely unfazed. Check out the video yourself -

Capitol rioter hits officer with fire extinguisher: video (nypost.com)

Kind of a far cry from being "beaten to death" - which throws great doubt on everything else said, doesn't it? The writer could NOT have seen it - being like a lot of lefties, just repeating what they've heard. Have to admit, when I looked it up myself it was anti-climactic.

I agree that there is a double standard with the media when it comes to conservative actions and speech compared to left speech and actions. Anything conservatives do which the media disagrees with is met with labels such as extremists, racist, etc. I voted for President Trump twice. I believe he made the country stronger economically and was a staunch supporter for law and order. I don’t believe he created the divide in this country, I think that was there before, but made much stronger by Obama. As much as I wanted President Trump to win, I am confident he lost. I believe this due to the multiple law suits filed, (many of which were heard by his appointees) and failed. But more than that, I look at Georgia. I look at the factual information put out there and the information revealed Trump lost. Not only did he lose there, but his advocates (Rudy Giuliani) edited evidence to make it fit the narrative.

I have watched a lot of video from the Capitol Hill riot. I saw a police officer being beaten by multiple people, some hitting him with American flags. I was disgusted. There was a lot of violence. One capitol police officer while being attacked had people yelling take his gun and shoot him with it.

I don’t know if the video you watched was Officer Sicknick. I’m not sure what your take is on the “anti-climactic” incident of a person throwing a blunt object at a police officer trying to do his job is, but I hope you aren’t justifying their actions.

I’m open to listening to a solution from anyone to bring Americans back to the table and have some civility brought back to the debate. The first president I voted for was Ronald Regan. When I was growing up, although there was surely a two party system, it seems to me I remember politicians compromising for the betterment of our country rather than solely for their party. I don’t think we can get back there until we stop thinking anyone in the other party is evil.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now, the Dems are STILL that way - they're just masquerading as virtue signaling saviors of women, blacks and other groups -

But don't you think it's fascinating that they can have that terrible civil rights history, then emerge just a couple years later as the savior of those they fought so hard - literally fought and died - to oppress?

And how when pressed they show their true racist misogynist colors....and still retain that savior reputation?

THAT, my friend, is the power of the press. Don't ever doubt or forget it. Strangers on the TV and Instagram can make you disbelieve your own eyes and ears. They can make you turn against your family and friends.

What else is interesting is that I've been saying this same thing on here for two decades, only to be ignored. Yet some rando will write an op-ed in their blog saying the same thing, and people like - well, you know who - will post it on here like, wow, they never heard such wisdom.

"Familiarity breeds contempt."

:lol:

Human nature does not change. Ever. One can study law or medicine or engineering and be assured that all truths will be flipped upside down during the course of their career. But not the study of humans. That remains constant because human nature doesn't change.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have watched a lot of video from the Capitol Hill riot. I saw a police officer being beaten by multiple people, some hitting him with American flags. I was disgusted. There was a lot of violence. One capitol police officer while being attacked had people yelling take his gun and shoot him with it.

Post all these videos you keep seeing.

I've seen a ton of AntiFa and BLM violence caught on camera, but if indeed the Capitol was breached by Trump supporters that's a first. One would think that if violence was the norm at Trump rallies CNN/MSNBC/ABC/et al would be all over it and we'd have all seen it.

SamSpade

I don’t know if the video you watched was Officer Sicknick. I’m not sure what your take is on the “anti-climactic” incident of a person throwing a blunt object at a police officer trying to do his job is, but I hope you aren’t justifying their actions.

Heard the same things you heard, and saw the same things you saw. Just as disgusted. I now get how every group that has been marginalized over the years has felt when a sub-group of theirs does something REALLY STUPID - and you want to say "thanks, *******s - you just set us back twenty years".

What I don't like is the complete false narrative - and it goes like this - Officer Sicknick was BEATEN TO DEATH with a fire extinguisher.
One, we don't have any idea who it was that got hit. With all the people there, it is far more likely that it was NOT. Two, Officer Sicknick died a half day later from a blood clot in his brain. To my knowledge - it is unknown how that happened.

But my thing with the fire extinguisher is - some guy threw a small fire extinguisher at a helmeted cop. Those things weigh about 5-8 pounds. I don't think I'd want that to happen to me, but it sure looks like whomever it hit shrugged it off, because it bounced off his helmet and he continued without a break doing his job. Moreover, a police helmet OUGHT to be able to absorb enough of that impact to minimize the damage. Otherwise, why do they have them? Have you seen fights with these things on? They get hit with baseball bats and pipes.

My thing is - the STORY OUT THERE is the image of some lunatic beating him to death with a fire extinguisher and I have to admit, my first thought was this horrible picture of some cop on the ground being smashed with a 3.5 foot metal canister repeatedly - and without a helmet. NOTHING like that happened. It appears that the news organizations took two items and created a narrative that doesn't exist - and people are repeating an image that didn't take place.

It's the "hands up, don't shoot" all over again.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Out-Of-Work Waitress Excited To See Congress Spend Time Impeaching Trump Again

SAINT PAUL, MN—With Democrats in control of Congress, Americans are looking forward to seeing their elected representatives put the needs of the American people first. Democrats have responded by pursuing the one thing every American affected by devastating lockdowns needs: another Trump impeachment.

Will99

Heard the same things you heard, and saw the same things you saw. Just as disgusted. I now get how every group that has been marginalized over the years has felt when a sub-group of theirs does something REALLY STUPID - and you want to say "thanks, ***s - you just set us back twenty years".

What I don't like is the complete false narrative - and it goes like this - Officer Sicknick was BEATEN TO DEATH with a fire extinguisher.
One, we don't have any idea who it was that got hit. With all the people there, it is far more likely that it was NOT. Two, Officer Sicknick died a half day later from a blood clot in his brain. To my knowledge - it is unknown how that happened.

But my thing with the fire extinguisher is - some guy threw a small fire extinguisher at a helmeted cop. Those things weigh about 5-8 pounds. I don't think I'd want that to happen to me, but it sure looks like whomever it hit shrugged it off, because it bounced off his helmet and he continued without a break doing his job. Moreover, a police helmet OUGHT to be able to absorb enough of that impact to minimize the damage. Otherwise, why do they have them? Have you seen fights with these things on? They get hit with baseball bats and pipes.

My thing is - the STORY OUT THERE is the image of some lunatic beating him to death with a fire extinguisher and I have to admit, my first thought was this horrible picture of some cop on the ground being smashed with a 3.5 foot metal canister repeatedly - and without a helmet. NOTHING like that happened. It appears that the news organizations took two items and created a narrative that doesn't exist - and people are repeating an image that didn't take place.

It's the "hands up, don't shoot" all over again.

I whole heartedly agree with with your first paragraph. The rest, I’m not so sure. I don’t know what happened to Sicknick other than he was beaten with a fire extinguisher. One hit...ten hits... I don’t know. What I do know is I saw a “cop on the ground being smashed” with a blunt object “without a helmet”. Something like that did happen and there is video to prove it.

What is it your saying about Officer Sicknicks death? Are you saying because he died a day and a half later it wasn’t because of the injuries he received at the Capitol?

SamSpade

What is it your saying about Officer Sicknicks death? Are you saying because he died a day and a half later it wasn’t because of the injuries he received at the Capitol?
I have no idea what killed him. I just know he wasn't "beaten to death" with a fire extinguisher. SOMEONE had one tossed at him. Maybe his helmet was defective - maybe he had a soft spot in his skull. By all accounts in the video I've seen - the cop who was hit - whose name we don't know - carried on his duties APPARENTLY without missing a beat, just as you might expect if he was any of hundreds of cops this past summer who got hit in their helmet with rocks. You've seen the video or I assume you have.

I haven't seen the beating on the ground with a blunt object video. I HAVE seen and have posted here, a video of a man tossing a 2-liter sized fire extinguisher at a helmeted cop and it bounces off and the cop keeps doing his job. Unless fire extinguishers were being used all during the event, that is the only time it appears to have been used as a weapon (unless there's ANOTHER video saying otherwise).

The writer of the article I referenced said that a cop was "beaten to death with a fire extinguisher". That is false. Only one cop died, and we know his name, so unless he managed to get hit with a fire extingusher TWICE - once, outside, having had it tossed at him - and later on - this is an utterly false narrative. It's being repeated and it's still wrong. We've all seen what happens when people embellish news stories.

What MAKES it provably wrong is because it's a fire extinguisher (do you have any idea how many times I have to correct my spelling on that word?) because if it was a rock, everyone gets hit with those.

Hijinx

I am reading and find that a lot of people say there were a lot of ANTIFA there disguised as Trump fans.
Now I don't want to be seen as saying that it was ANTIFA people who were responsible for this, but it seems evident since the arrest of sullivan that they were there and that he wasn't the only one. Mobs are easily incited and this was indeed a mob. I don't excuse them , but the Democrats have been asking for it for a long time and now that it is over they haven't stopped. They are insisting on persecuting Donald trump and anyone who voted for him.

Excuse the vernacular but "They aint going to get no Unity this way". The only thing they are going to get is more of the same.

Last edited:

Will99

I have no idea what killed him. I just know he wasn't "beaten to death" with a fire extinguisher. He had one tossed at him. Maybe his helmet was defective - maybe he had a soft spot in his skull. By all accounts in the video I've seen - the cop who was hit - whose name we don't know - carried on his duties APPARENTLY without missing a beat, just as you might expect if he was any of hundreds of cops this past summer who got hit in their helmet with rocks. You've seen the video or I assume you have.

I haven't seen the beating on the ground with a blunt object video. I HAVE seen and have posted here, a video of a man tossing a 2-liter sized fire extinguisher at a helmeted cop and it bounces off and the cop keeps doing his job. Unless fire extinguishers were being used all during the event, that is the only time it appears to have been used as a weapon (unless there's ANOTHER video saying otherwise).

The writer of the article I referenced said that a cop was "beaten to death with a fire extinguisher". That is false. Only one cop died, and we know his name, so unless he managed to get hit with a fire extingusher TWICE - once, outside, having had it tossed at him - and later on - this is an utterly false narrative. It's being repeated and it's still wrong. We've all seen what happens when people embellish news stories.

What MAKES it provably wrong is because it's a fire extinguisher (do you have any idea how many times I have to correct my spelling on that word?) because if it was a rock, everyone gets hit with those.

How do you know he wasn’t beaten with a fire extinguisher? How do you know he was wearing a helmet? I am of the opinion if an officer is hit one time with a fire extinguisher he is beaten with a fire extinguisher. I don’t think it requires more than that. His death, ruled by an independent medical examiner, has been ruled a homicide. He was murdered.

If you want proof of officers being beaten by the mob, just go to YouTube and put in capitol police officers beaten by mob.

While I agree the left often tries to screw the story, I am not seeing it in this instance. Officer Sicknick did not deserve to die doing what we asked him to do. He was hit with a fire extinguisher which resulted in his death.

Hijinx

Let's say that is true . Do you also believe that a white woman who posed no danger to anyone was shot and killed in cold blood by another Capitol Police Officer?

Will99

Let's say that is true . Do you also believe that a white woman who posed no danger to anyone was shot and killed in cold blood by another Capitol Police Officer?
I don’t think that woman posed no danger. I saw her attempting to get into an area which was secure. I saw a police officer...pointing a gun at her telling her to stand down and get back and I saw her refuse and continue to try to breach a secure area. I saw the officer take action to end that threat. Your description of the officer killing a woman who posed no danger doesn’t fit with her actions. She certainly posed a danger. She was committing a crime and trying to breach a secure area and refusing to listen to an armed policeman who was pointing a gun at her. Do you know what was going through her mind and how do you know she posed no danger?

Hijinx

I don’t think that woman posed no danger. I saw her attempting to get into an area which was secure. I saw a police officer...pointing a gun at her telling her to stand down and get back and I saw her refuse and continue to try to breach a secure area. I saw the officer take action to end that threat. Your description of the officer killing a woman who posed no danger doesn’t fit with her actions. She certainly posed a danger. She was committing a crime and trying to breach a secure area and refusing to listen to an armed policeman who was pointing a gun at her. Do you know what was going through her mind and how do you know she posed no danger?

Damn. You saw a lot more than I did. I certainly did not hear that officer say anything in any video that I saw. Would you please post a link to the video with audio? In the video I saw there were a half a dozen police standing behind the woman who could have arrested her without killing her.
A 120 lb. woman pose a danger to an armed police officer through a window she could not fit through.?

If she had murder on her mind she would have brought her own gun.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Damn. You saw a lot more than I did. I certainly did not hear that officer say anything in any video that I saw. Would you please post a link to the video with audio? In the video I saw there were a half a dozen police standing behind the woman who could have arrested her without killing her.
A 120 lb. woman pose a danger to an armed police officer through a window she could not fit through.?

Barney wanted to fire his gun, bad.

Will99

What were her intentions then?