Impeachment & the Stock Market

TPD

the poor dad
My reading on this is that I want an impeachment hearing once or twice a week. Dow was up on Wednesday during hearing. Dow is up again today during hearing. 3 more days of hearings next week means I can retire this year! :bann:

My reading on this is that I want an impeachment hearing once or twice a week. Dow was up on Wednesday during hearing. Dow is up again today during hearing. 3 more days of hearings next week means I can retire this year! :bann:
Just got a call from my IRA manager. 15% growth in my account, and I'm not using an aggressive profile. :yay:

TPD

the poor dad
We went over 28,000 today! More hearings next week - do you think we can hit 29,000??!!??

transporter

We went over 28,000 today! More hearings next week - do you think we can hit 29,000??!!??

You do understand that we are barely above the highs of last September, right? You do remember that we lost almost 20% in the 4th quarter of last year, right?

Dow closed at 26,743 on 9-21-18. Today's close represents a gain of 4.7% over 14 months. Annualized, that is a whopping 4%.

You also do realize that a move from 28k to 29k is a gain of 3.57%?

You understand all that right? (no you obviously don't)

transporter

You cant manage your own IRA?
TSP 25% (C) and 22% (S) YTD

Oh man...that is really dumb...you likely lost a lot more last year than GW Guy. He recovered more quickly and if both your accounts started with the same amount of money, he may very well have more dollars than you do.