GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
3480e5a7-d5ae-45e7-9050-bfcb8551d6e9.jpeg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Something like that. I expect this sort of juvenile retardation from the newbies, but both Nadler and Schiff know better. I can only think they've been bought off; there's no other explanation.

On another note, Nancy has lost control of her House. Say what you will, she was always a player who knew where the bodies were buried and how to dig them up. Now she's a frazzled inner city kindergarten teacher with kids running amok, and she's standing in the middle of the room going, "Children! Children! Please use your indoor voices!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apparently they don't.

This is what it looks like when people allow insane hatred to rule their judgment.

Schitt is a newcomer on my radar - I'd never even heard of him until the last few years - but I remember Nadler well from the Clinton impeachment. He's a team player to the point that he'll make himself look like a total buffoon. So I agree with you that he has insane hatred for Trump and all not-Democrats, but he has to remember how Willy Jeff's impeachment worked out. Or is that part of the insanity?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Schitt is a newcomer on my radar - I'd never even heard of him until the last few years - but I remember Nadler well from the Clinton impeachment. He's a team player to the point that he'll make himself look like a total buffoon. So I agree with you that he has insane hatred for Trump and all not-Democrats, but he has to remember how Willy Jeff's impeachment worked out. Or is that part of the insanity?

The impeachment gang doesn't care about what happened in the past. They're blinded from it by their hatred for Trump.

SamSpade

You would think these guys would learn a lesson that the Republicans learned twenty years ago - don't waste your time on an impeachment you cannot win, because it WILL bite you in the ass. Nobody likes a loser.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You would think these guys would learn a lesson that the Republicans learned twenty years ago - don't waste your time on an impeachment you cannot win, because it WILL bite you in the ass. Nobody likes a loser.

What bothers me about comparing Trump to Clinton is... Clinton did actually commit a crime for which he was impeached. The senate just wouldn't touch it. Trump has committed no crime. So, there are no grounds to move forward with impeachment. Trying to impeach simply based on the premise that they don't like the guy is far more a recipe for failure than what the GOP did with Clinton.

SamSpade

What bothers me about comparing Trump to Clinton is... Clinton did actually commit a crime for which he was impeached. The senate just wouldn't touch it. Trump has committed no crime. So, there are no grounds to move forward with impeachment. Trying to impeach simply based on the premise that they don't like the guy is far more a recipe for failure than what the GOP did with Clinton.

So much there - I mean, I'm still kind of amazed by what Robert Byrd said - on TV - that he did believe that Clinton WAS guilty of an impeachable offense and deserved to be removed from office - but - he wasn't going to vote that way - because "it wasn't good for the country".

Translation - it's political suicide. Screw the law, I'm voting to keep him in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Clinton did actually commit a crime for which he was impeached.

I think most of us - or maybe it was just me - thought that perjury was such a piddling thing compared to Loral/Chinagate and Whitewater and the sexual attacks on pretty much any female who worked in the White House and Waco/Ruby Ridge. You know, the REAL crimes he committed or abetted. I remember thinking at the time, well, they got Al Capone for tax evasion so whatever works....

Removing a President for lying about an affair....man, I can't see it. Now removing him for defrauding people in shady land deals - THAT is what he should have been charged with. Everybody involved in that went to jail....except the Clintons. Illegally selling our missile tech to the Chinese - THAT should have led to his impeachment and removal from office. Groping the staff - bye Willy. Directing his AG to kill American citizens who weren't bothering anyone - he should have been strapped to the chair for that little stunt.

But lying? Meh.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
He committed the crime of being Trump with a dem house, the only thing they have to worry about is the history books saying they were a bunch of dumbass's.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think most of us - or maybe it was just me - thought that perjury was such a piddling thing compared to Loral/Chinagate and Whitewater and the sexual attacks on pretty much any female who worked in the White House and Waco/Ruby Ridge. You know, the REAL crimes he committed or abetted. I remember thinking at the time, well, they got Al Capone for tax evasion so whatever works....

Removing a President for lying about an affair....man, I can't see it. Now removing him for defrauding people in shady land deals - THAT is what he should have been charged with. Everybody involved in that went to jail....except the Clintons. Illegally selling our missile tech to the Chinese - THAT should have led to his impeachment and removal from office. Groping the staff - bye Willy. Directing his AG to kill American citizens who weren't bothering anyone - he should have been strapped to the chair for that little stunt.

But lying? Meh.

As compared to Trump, Clinton perjured himself. He committed a crime. Trump has done nothing - no crime. They want to impeach a president who has committed no crime.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As compared to Trump, Clinton perjured himself. He committed a crime. Trump has done nothing - no crime. They want to impeach a president who has committed no crime.

Oh, I understand. I was just commenting on Clinton's impeachment.

awpitt

Main Streeter

But lying? Meh.

Ruby Ridge occurred during Bush 41's term.

This_person

...he [prominent Democrat of the era] did believe that Clinton WAS guilty of an impeachable offense and deserved to be removed from office - but - he wasn't going to vote that way...

And, people wonder why I think parties are the largest enemy of the United States' people.