In Honor of Buddy

devinej

Possibly the kindest horse ever to exist was put down today at the age of 37, due to his severe arthritis.
1971-2008

Attachments

• buddy.jpg
    buddy.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper
Awww. Poor Buddy! What's the average life span for horses? Did he break a record? Here's his pic for you...

Attachments

• buddy.jpg
    buddy.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 92

devinej

thanks belvak, was trying to get it to do the big pic right inside the thread, couldn't figure it out...

belvak

Happy Camper
thanks belvak, was trying to get it to do the big pic right inside the thread, couldn't figure it out...

that's because the horsie threads won't let you do it!!!

RIP Buddy!!!
was he one of yours Devine?

No problem devine! Glad to be able to help!! I didn't know the Horsie threads didn't allow attachments. Either way, RIP Buddy!!

M

Mousebaby

My deepest sympathy's :huggy:

It is hard to lose an old friend. :frown:

Nanny Pam

RIP Buddy, old boy! May you find satisfaction is that big apple tree, carrot patch, corn field, and oat field in the sky.
:huggy: to Buddy's owners. :flowers:

devinej

yep, he lived at my parents house, had him for about 10 years or so, my mom got lots of good little rides on him. and he taught a lot of people before her! he was a free horse too hehee

Loper

Animal Poor!
No problem devine! Glad to be able to help!! I didn't know the Horsie threads didn't allow attachments. Either way, RIP Buddy!!

the horsie threads allow attachments but not image tags like devine was trying to do...

So sorry Devine!!! Give my thoughts to your parents!!! He obviously had a good life to live till 37!!!

devinej

I didn't even realize he was that old, i guess my mom did the math, wow. he was 34 for several years apparently.
i think he led a very good life. though he probably had no teeth left (thank goodness for T.C. equine senior feed), he still had his wife, Aisling, and his biggest fan, Cocoa the goat. The sturdiest son of a gun, feet like steel. My mom was still riding him up until about 2 years ago.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Devine I'm so sorry. I didn't realize when I talked to you earlier. :huggy: Sounds like Buddy touch a lot of lives while he was alive.