:( In Massachusetts

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:( Mom is in a bad way, metastasis to her brain from the abdominal cancer for which she had surgery a year ago, in August.
At that time, the surgeon estimated recurrence likely in 3 - 5 years.

She was 2 months past 82 at time of surgery, decided the ill effects of chemo outweighed the possible benefits.
It's a matter of days, have her in hospice at home. 3 of my nieces are experienced in elder and end of life care.
They are a great care team, along with the hospice nurse and home health aide.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:huggy: Aww, it's so hard when our parents get ill. It's good that you can be with her right now.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You are so blessed to still have and be with her. More so that you may be at her side in her last moments. Any son would be most fortunate. Though the experience painful, the love present ensures healing and leaves memories of a life well lived and loved. My condolences. I wish you healing and peace.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thanks again folks.

My mom, Jean P Robinson, passed away quietly in her sleep earlier this evening having been visited over the past 2 weeks by her 2 sisters, all 4 of us children, the 6 grandchildren, 7 great grand children, and a select few family friends.

Louise

Thanks again folks.

My mom, Jean P Robinson, passed away quietly in her sleep earlier this evening having been visited over the past 2 weeks by her 2 sisters, all 4 of us children, the 6 grandchildren, 7 great grand children, and a select few family friends.

I am so glad you could be with her. I wasn’t so fortunate. It is great that so many on this forum are there for you. The circle of life Is not easy. :huggy: