In my travels this week.....

onebdzee

off the shelf
I discovered a small (12" sq) wooden box that contained several documents (birth certificate, SS card, HS diploma), John Matthew Bachman was the name on most of them. There are several addresses on various letters that were found around the box, all of which are in the local area. I have done a search of his name and those addresses and nothing has connected.

The high school diploma is from Great Mills, dated in June of 1989. Zman decided to go to GMHS office on Monday and see if there are any forwarding address records there.

I am attempting to return this box and all of the contents (that I found) to the owner. If you know John, or are him, let me know either through PMer or on here.

TIA

Roman

Where did you find this stuff? Very interesting. I'm sure he'd be happy to get this back.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I think its great you're taking the time to find this person. So many would have just put the 'stuff' in file thirteen and not bothered.

Have you tried WhitePages reverse address look up. Maybe get a # you can call to ask about him?

:coffee:

sm8

I wonder if maybe he is homeless and that was where he stores his belongings.

Or maybe someone broke into his house and stole it thinking there would be valuables in it and when there weren't ditched it. Who knows??

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Or maybe someone broke into his house and stole it thinking there would be valuables in it and when there weren't ditched it.

This was my first thought. Hope he sees this and gets his things back.