in need of farrier! fast!

eventertblover

alright so. i'm located in AA county. i know not exactly in southern maryland but whatever. thank god my horse waits for the weekend were not showing to throw a shoe. .
can anyone recomend anyone who might be able to come out like ASAP.
i've already called jon schmit. john poe. mike bailey. keith fearins. don ploss. tom barnes. the earliest anyone can be out is friday. and i'm suppose to be leaving for an event in North Carolina on thursday.
anyone out there a half way decent farrier who can come do my horse who isnt backed up?

Last edited:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
You might want to try Mike Poe -

Tel.: (540) 205-9521
E-mail:alphafarrier@hotmail.com

Mike Poe is an American Farriers Association Certified Farrier, as well as a member of the Virginia Horseshoers Association and the World Championship Blacksmiths. Mike was the event farrier for the Pan American Endurance Championships in 2003 and has shod champions in several performance disciplines. His practice consists of performance and pleasure horses throughout central Virginia.

I know he does the horses at UMD, College Park .

Cowgirl

You might want to try Mike Poe -

Tel.: (540) 205-9521
E-mail:alphafarrier@hotmail.com

Mike Poe is an American Farriers Association Certified Farrier, as well as a member of the Virginia Horseshoers Association and the World Championship Blacksmiths. Mike was the event farrier for the Pan American Endurance Championships in 2003 and has shod champions in several performance disciplines. His practice consists of performance and pleasure horses throughout central Virginia.

I know he does the horses at UMD, College Park .

:hot: They always get the cute ones!

mistymoofwf

live to ride
alright so. i'm located in AA county. i know not exactly in southern maryland but whatever. thank god my horse waits for the weekend were not showing to throw a shoe. .
can anyone recomend anyone who might be able to come out like ASAP.
i've already called jon schmit. john poe. mike bailey. keith fearins. don ploss. tom barnes. the earliest anyone can be out is friday. and i'm suppose to be leaving for an event in North Carolina on thursday.
anyone out there a half way decent farrier who can come do my horse who isnt backed up?

call nick!!

You could try Angus Whyte though he's pretty booked up most of the time - the number I have for him is (301) 599-0316 (not sure if that's right, though).

I second the suggestion of Pat Quinn - he used to do my horses when I lived in the Boonies of Nanjemoy but stopped because gas was getting too expensive.

On a side note: When Mike Poe first started shoeing the horses at UMD, I couldn't rememer his name, so I called my colleague and asked her who our new farrier was, "You mean Eyecandy?" :hot: Yep - that's the one. He's a very good farrier.

Sparks

On a side note: When Mike Poe first started shoeing the horses at UMD, I couldn't rememer his name, so I called my colleague and asked her who our new farrier was, "You mean Eyecandy?" :hot: Yep - that's the one. He's a very good farrier.

HMMMM. Do I need to switch ? :hot::hot::hot:

Farrier

Who are you cause I am sure I did not get a call, and surely not one requiring emergancy service. Cause if you can haul I have multiple locations that will allow this.

Mike

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Who are you cause I am sure I did not get a call, and surely not one requiring emergancy service. Cause if you can haul I have multiple locations that will allow this.

Mike

Farrier,

Did you say you would only come as far South as Lothian? If that's so would you reconsider if you had a 10 to 12 horses to do in Saint Leonard? :whistle::whistle:

Farrier

eventertblover, watched your utube vid and realized who you are, and so you know I just got a call from Elizabeth this evening.

Mike

eventertblover

eventertblover, watched your utube vid and realized who you are, and so you know I just got a call from Elizabeth this evening.

Mike

last week i guess it was, elizabeth had called you to come out and tack a shoe back on one of our horses, i asked her if you could possibly do the same for joey, i was informed you didnt have time when you got there to do another horse. no big deal. =]

Farrier

I was asked to shoe a horse not tack a shoe on and I had 14 horses on the book that day mostly full sets. Sorry misunderstood when you said you called. I was there two or three weeks ago not last week, and It was not a client horse as far as I knew.
My appologies for the misunderstanding.

Mike

Farrier

BZ,
In the morning I will be at a barn where signal is poor so leave a message I will call back.
I be there from 9am till 3pm you can call around 7:30 or 8 and I should be on the road.