In the Garden

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
.....co-workers gave me a yellow peony to commemorate the passing of my 99-yr old aunt. Peonies are longggggg lived, it will outlive me. A fitting tribute.

0720241140~2.jpg

NOTSMC

I have really appreciated the row of flowers along that road over the years. Your stretch of flowers and the house and garden at the end of the road (Route 5 end) are the reasons I always take that way to/from Lexington Park.

We have a large bushy bunch of really pretty flowers near the cornfield on part of the property. I noticed that the flower itself was closed during the day but opened as it started to turn dusk. Took a walk out for a closer look and the bloom is white and purple with a tubular blossom. There is also a thorny apple shaped growth on the stem. Looked it up and it's jimson weed. Now I grew up in the 60/70s and jimson weed was used by some idiotic people as a hallucinogen and it's highly poisonous if ingested. Some people even get rashes if they touch it. Imagine my surprise when I saw an even bigger bush of the plant right outside the entrance of Sandgates restaurant.

Pretty flower though, the blossoms were huge.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have really appreciated the row of flowers along that road over the years. Your stretch of flowers and the house and garden at the end of the road (Route 5 end) are the reasons I always take that way to/from Lexington Park.

We have a large bushy bunch of really pretty flowers near the cornfield on part of the property. I noticed that the flower itself was closed during the day but opened as it started to turn dusk. Took a walk out for a closer look and the bloom is white and purple with a tubular blossom. There is also a thorny apple shaped growth on the stem. Looked it up and it's jimson weed. Now I grew up in the 60/70s and jimson weed was used by some idiotic people as a hallucinogen and it's highly poisonous if ingested. Some people even get rashes if they touch it. Imagine my surprise when I saw an even bigger bush of the plant right outside the entrance of Sandgates restaurant.

Pretty flower though, the blossoms were huge.

Are you sure they aren't Moon flowers?

NOTSMC

For your consideration ...

In the Garden, where you can sow your 7 seeds. In the Garden, you can put your mind at ease. In the Garden, where you protect the flower for the bee.

Or something along those lines.In the Navy you can sail the 7 seas.
That's some pretty mangled lyrics there LR.

NOTSMC

Are you sure they aren't Moon flowers?
I think I'm wrong. He took a picture of the bloom and not the leaf. The leaf on that plant is different than the one on the jimson weed. Dead ringer for the bloom though. I wasn't aware that moonflowers grew in plant and bush form. Thanks

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think I'm wrong. He took a picture of the bloom and not the leaf. The leaf on that plant is different than the one on the jimson weed. Dead ringer for the bloom though. I wasn't aware that moonflowers grew in plant and bush form. Thanks
The blooms are very similar. I used to grow moon flowers at my old house.

NOTSMC

The blooms are very similar. I used to grow moon flowers at my old house.
I've been reading up on a moon garden. Don't have room for it where I live, but occasionally Lee lets me have my way in his landscaping endeavors. I'm going to hit him up for that when I get a few beers in him.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've been reading up on a moon garden. Don't have room for it where I live, but occasionally Lee lets me have my way in his landscaping endeavors. I'm going to hit him up for that when I get a few beers in him.
When I had a toddler, I pulled them out, along with the hollyhocks.