In Wisconsin, Trump announces $13 billion in farm aid

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can't wait to read the posts by the Trumpians who proclaim that ONLY democrats vote because they get "free stuff"!!

I see critical think is not your forte ... who do you think those voters are in Wisconsin, but Democrats

Let's look at past Presidential Elections

Carter / Mondale
Reagan
Dukakis / Bensten
Clinton / Gore
Gore / Liberman
Kerry / Edwards
Obama / Biden
Trump

Nah...that's not a politically motivated welfare payout!!!

Of course it is ..... it's politics

you want to discuss the payouts given to get Obamacare passed ?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Not thrilled with any of this aid as the national deficit keeps going up. Although fiat currency deficits are sort of meaningless overall at some point that meaningful deficit does become meaningful and the bill collector comes a calling. We need to rein this stuff in.

Having said that, we are still suffering the effects of the China virus and idiot lawmakers' reactions to it. So I'm more okay with this aid than not. Certainly better to go to farmers than undeserving orgs like Planned Parenthood or banks or any of the other grifter organizations binging at the trough. Of course, this relief on my part assumes the aid is "zero sum." Unfortunately, I'm aware enough to understand that it won't be and more checks will be cut (politicians don't need a reason (like the China virus) to do this, all they need is an upcoming election). One of the real downsides to democracy: permanent constituencies that need to be bought off and politicians' need to do the bribing.

Yup, not thrilled with any of this. But certainly there seems to be a need. And it is certainly better than what the Dems would be doing (yes, I admit to this being in the category of "Pyrrhic victory"). I guess that makes me a brain-dead Trumpian. Given the political climate of the times and the limited possibilities these times allow I guess I will have to settle for the better of two bad alternatives.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could figure out a way to get a Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment ratified...? I suspect, however, that that ship has long sailed; that there are few in the electorate these days who would be willing to face a) the kind of government austerity a balanced budget would give us, or b) the kind of taxation necessary to "fund" all the "rights" voters seem to insist on having these days, or c) both.

--- End of line (MCP)