Inconvenient Truth on Protests and Covid-19

Crabcatcher79

It Is Called Freedom of Choice ..... you do not get to gather in huge crowds unmasked and Protest Police Bruility and then tell Citizern they cannot protest the lock down, get a haircut, gather in a Mosque / Synagogue / Church have dinner in large groups or go to the park

Take your FASCISM elsewhere .......

Brulity? Citizern?

Did you take youR moms meds again?

Do you cry when they make you wear shoes in a restaurant or drive the speed limit?

Did you cut the seatbelt and airbag out of your car?

Did you refuse your SSN?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Brulity? Citizern?

ah yes, you have nothing to add to the discussion so you criticize a couple of typos ...

Did you take youR moms meds again?

and engage in insults .....

Do you cry when they make you wear shoes in a restaurant

That has NOTHING to do with the discussion, you are deflecting

or drive the speed limit?

That has NOTHING to do with the discussion, you are deflecting .... I do not drive the speed limit

Did you cut the seat belt and airbag out of your car?

That has NOTHING to do with the discussion, you are deflecting ... I don't wear a seat belt no need to cut it out

Did you refuse your SSN?

Crabcatcher79

ah yes, you have nothing to add to the discussion so you criticize a couple of typos ...

and engage in insults .....

That has NOTHING to do with the discussion, you are deflecting .... I do not drive the speed limit

That has NOTHING to do with the discussion, you are deflecting ... I don't wear a seat belt no need to cut it out

You are comparing your momentary inconvenience to peoples lives. You are exactly what is wrong with this country and why we are so divided.
You can’t make a minor sacrifice for the good of your countrymen and only care about yourself.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You are comparing your momentary inconvenience to peoples lives. You are exactly what is wrong with this country and why we are so divided.
You can’t make a minor sacrifice for the good of your countrymen and only care about yourself.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The families of the 132,000( and counting) who have lost their lives might think differently.

how would you feel if I someone said the 4 men dead in Benghazi don’t matter statistically?

You don’t get to decide that being uncomfortable for the few minutes you have to wear a mask is worth someone else’s life.

Stop thinking only of yourself.

Conflate much? What the hell does 4 men being killed at the hands other people (TERRORISTS) have to do with people dying from a natural phenomenon? Don't bother trying to explain it, because your rationalizing tips on insanity.

And you epitomize exactly what many people in this country fear... trying to dictate to everyone else your will over my freedom. This isn't about discomfort fool. I donned full chem gear in 90+ Florida heat building RRR for hours. I can educate you on what's uncomfortable when it comes to wearing a mask. This is about freedom! A concept that obviously escapes you, especially when you decide you're going to tell me what I get or don't get to do in this country. I've wasted my time trying to tell you that with freedom comes risk. Too many people voluntarily died defending our freedoms for me to be lectured by you about how many have died during this virus. I served 20 years, willing to give up my life for your freedom to call me selfish. You have that right that I will never take away from you. So, you go on with being part of that high and mighty cause of tearing down all that this country sacrificed so much to defend and protect. If you get your way, you're going to know how much it sucks to live under the dictatorial thumb of government. Complain now, while you have that freedom.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I look at postings by people like Sapidus and I know exactly how Hitler came to power ...

Crabcatcher79

Conflate much? What the hell does 4 men being killed at the hands other people (TERRORISTS) have to do with people dying from a natural phenomenon? Don't bother trying to explain it, because your rationalizing tips on insanity.

And you epitomize exactly what many people in this country fear... trying to dictate to everyone else your will over my freedom. This isn't about discomfort fool. I donned full chem gear in 90+ Florida heat building RRR for hours. I can educate you on what's uncomfortable when it comes to wearing a mask. This is about freedom! A concept that obviously escapes you, especially when you decide you're going to tell me what I get or don't get to do in this country. I've wasted my time trying to tell you that with freedom comes risk. Too many people voluntarily died defending our freedoms for me to be lectured by you about how many have died during this virus. I served 20 years, willing to give up my life for your freedom to call me selfish. You have that right that I will never take away from you. So, you go on with being part of that high and mighty cause of tearing down all that this country sacrificed so much to defend and protect. If you get your way, you're going to know how much it sucks to live under the dictatorial thumb of government. Complain now, while you have that freedom.

Your "freedom" doesnt Trump my friends who is immune compromised life. Even if he wears a mask he is not as protected as if you both wear masks. It is that simple. Why don't you understand that the more people cooperate the less death we will have and the sooner the virus will stop spreading? I thought you loved your country? Wouldn't you want the best for everyone?

You keep crying about the dictatorial thumb of government and authoritarianism and seeing guns to rise up against a tyrannical government but you were silent when Trump gassed peaceful protestors for a photo op. If anything that it the tyranny you should be rising up against.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Your "freedom" doesnt Trump my friends who is immune compromised life. Even if he wears a mask he is not as protected as if you both wear masks.

What you FAIL to comprehend, there are more viruses that can kill your immune compromised friend than Covid-19, you should always be masked up to protect your friend, and he should always remain in doors away from people.

It is that simple.

No it is NOT ....

Why don't you understand that the more people cooperate the less death we will have and the sooner the virus will stop spreading? I thought you loved your country? Wouldn't you want the best for everyone?

and out comes the pedantic word games .......

You keep crying about the dictatorial thumb of government and authoritarianism and seeing guns to rise up against a tyrannical government but you were silent when Trump gassed peaceful protestors for a photo op. If anything that it the tyranny you should be rising up against.

Liar Trump did NOT gas protestors for a photo op

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_20_statement_from_acting_chief_monahan.htm

The statement below was originally released on June 2, 2020.

WASHINGTON -
The United States Park Police (USPP) is committed to the peaceful expression of First Amendment rights. However, this past weekend’s demonstrations at Lafayette Park and across the National Mall included activities that were not part of a peaceful protest, which resulted in injuries to USPP officers in the line of duty, the destruction of public property and the defacing of memorials and monuments. During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

Multiple agencies assisted the USPP in responding to and quelling the acts of destruction and violence over the course of the weekend in order to protect citizens and property.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. USPP officers and other assisting law enforcement partners did not use tear gas or OC Skat Shells to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Throughout the demonstrations, the USPP has not made any arrests. The USPP will always support peaceful assembly but cannot tolerate violence to citizens or officers or damage to our nation’s resources that we are entrusted to protect.

Crabcatcher79

What you FAIL to comprehend, there are more viruses that can kill your immune compromised friend than Covid-19, you should always be masked up to protect your friend, and he should always remain in doors away from people.

No it is NOT ....

and out comes the pedantic word games .......

Liar Trump did NOT gas protestors for a photo op

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_20_statement_from_acting_chief_monahan.htm

The statement below was originally released on June 2, 2020.

WASHINGTON -
The United States Park Police (USPP) is committed to the peaceful expression of First Amendment rights. However, this past weekend’s demonstrations at Lafayette Park and across the National Mall included activities that were not part of a peaceful protest, which resulted in injuries to USPP officers in the line of duty, the destruction of public property and the defacing of memorials and monuments. During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

Multiple agencies assisted the USPP in responding to and quelling the acts of destruction and violence over the course of the weekend in order to protect citizens and property.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. USPP officers and other assisting law enforcement partners did not use tear gas or OC Skat Shells to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Throughout the demonstrations, the USPP has not made any arrests. The USPP will always support peaceful assembly but cannot tolerate violence to citizens or officers or damage to our nation’s resources that we are entrusted to protect.

Pepper balls are tear gas moron.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Pepper balls are tear gas moron.

Tear gas goes back 50 years or more and was chlorobenzalmalononitrile or methylbenzyl bromide.

Pepper spray or pepper balls are a more modern creation made from a Capsicum type compound, or artificial chem, usually pelargonic acid vanillylamide.

Moron.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Your "freedom" doesnt Trump my friends who is immune compromised life. Even if he wears a mask he is not as protected as if you both wear masks. It is that simple. Why don't you understand that the more people cooperate the less death we will have and the sooner the virus will stop spreading? I thought you loved your country? Wouldn't you want the best for everyone?

The more people that stop speeding and using their cell phones on the road the more lives will be saved, yet I don't see anyone calling for less cars, speed governors, a means to shut cars off if it detects someone is using a cell phone...

The more families have a mother and father raising their kids the less likely those will become criminals. But, I don't see anyone demanding marriages stay together by mandate of the government.

If kids didn't play in the streets of Chicago, the less likely they will get shot and killed.

Do you have a plan for stop people from catching the flu?

Do you have a plan to stop people from getting salmonella food poisoning?

Do we need laws that prevent kids from drinking from garden hoses?

I can make a really long list of dangerous things that can kill us that we aren't even talking about.

What I understand about the spreading of any disease is that we get over it and move on. Life goes on. What I also understand about some people, in their pursuit for power, will use that power to strangle our freedoms and tighten that rope every chance they get. What we will not get over is allowing our governments to respond this way to every crisis. Anyone who has lived through the loss of freedom - Cuba, N. Korea, Soviet Union, Vietnam - can educate you on what it's like to be really, REALLY safe (as long as you comply) but not free. You can't have both - complete safety and freedom. They just can't live in the same place. I choose freedom. Call me selfish, or whatever you want, but I want this for everyone. But you have to be will to accept the risks that come with it - risks like getting sick; sick from things that will likely not even kill you.

Crabcatcher79

The more people that stop speeding and using their cell phones on the road the more lives will be saved, yet I don't see anyone calling for less cars, speed governors, a means to shut cars off if it detects someone is using a cell phone...

The more families have a mother and father raising their kids the less likely those will become criminals. But, I don't see anyone demanding marriages stay together by mandate of the government.

If kids didn't play in the streets of Chicago, the less likely they will get shot and killed.

Do you have a plan for stop people from catching the flu?

Do you have a plan to stop people from getting salmonella food poisoning?

Do we need laws that prevent kids from drinking from garden hoses?

I can make a really long list of dangerous things that can kill us that we aren't even talking about.

What I understand about the spreading of any disease is that we get over it and move on. Life goes on. What I also understand about some people, in their pursuit for power, will use that power to strangle our freedoms and tighten that rope every chance they get. What we will not get over is allowing our governments to respond this way to every crisis. Anyone who has lived through the loss of freedom - Cuba, N. Korea, Soviet Union, Vietnam - can educate you on what it's like to be really, REALLY safe (as long as you comply) but not free. You can't have both - complete safety and freedom. They just can't live in the same place. I choose freedom. Call me selfish, or whatever you want, but I want this for everyone. But you have to be will to accept the risks that come with it - risks like getting sick; sick from things that will likely not even kill you.

That's why we have speed limits, seatbelts and airbags and laws against driving and texting. Do you complain about all those too? There is no difference.

They are all designed to save your life and the lives of those around you.

Why do you guys always bring up chicago or all lives matter or drinking rom hoses. Just because we are focused on the most pressing threats doesn't mean we dont worry and plan for the others

Yes we have the FDA and rules to prevent Salmonella and to trace it and recall products tainted with it. Is that a surprise to you?

Why do you continue to be so selfish? We cant just get over it and move on as we have no natural immunity to it. That is what sweden tried and their mortality rate is 40% higher than the rest of the world, Do you want to sacrifice 40% of the population that gets exposed to it just so you won't be minority inconvenienced when you enter a store. If an immune compromised person or person with preexisting contain gets it they won't just get over it. They will die or at least have lasting health defects for the rest of their lives.

Many people who have recovered no have lungs like swiss cheese making them more susceptible to other illnesses.

No wonder this country is so screwed up

I understand if they were saying everyone must wear masks for the rest of their lives but they aren't. They are saying lets cooperate and wear masks and get out this quickly and together.

Many countries that did that are already reopened with no new cases.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tear gas goes back 50 years or more and was chlorobenzalmalononitrile or methylbenzyl bromide.

Pepper spray or pepper balls are a more modern creation made from a Capsicum type compound, or artificial chem, usually pelargonic acid vanillylamide.

Moron.

In my training I went through the tear gas chamber, several times. We were forced to open our eyes talk, and breathe it in. Here I am still alive, and not the least bit bugged by it. We all laughed about the whole thing over beer.

Last edited:

Crabcatcher79

Moron.

No one said any different but pepper balls are classified as tear gas considering they have the same effect.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's why we have speed limits, seatbelts and airbags. Do you complain about all those too? There is no difference.

They are all designed to save your life and the lives of those around you.

Yes we have the FDA and rules to prevent Salmonella and to trace it and recall products tainted with it. Is that a surprise to you?

Why do you continue to be so selfish? We cant just get over it and move on as we have no natural immunity to it. That is what sweden tried and their mortality rate is 40% higher than the rest of the world, Do you want to sacrifice 40% of the population that gets exposed to it just so you won't be minority inconvenienced when you enter a store. If an immune compromised person or person with preexisting contain gets it they won't just get over it. They will die or at least have lasting health defects for the rest of their lives.

Many people who have recovered no have lungs like swiss cheese making them more susceptible to other illnesses.

No wonder this country is so screwed up

I understand if they were saying everyone must wear masks for the rest of their lives but they aren't. They are saying lets cooperate and wear masks and get out this quickly and together.

Many countries that did that are already reopened with no new cases.

We have seatbelts and airbags because the government mandated it. All it did was make cars cost more and give drivers an increased false sense of security, so they can drive faster and less safe. I don't see where any of the things have reduced accidents and related deaths at all.

Like I tried to tell you... I spent 20 years of my life, unselfishly, serving in the military, willing to die to preserve your freedom to call me any name you want. You seem pretty comfortable exercising your freedom of speech; and I'm glad. But you can't pick and choose which freedoms are more important and which are less as to give up to the government to address some crisis. ALL of our freedoms are equal that our government is mandated to not infringe upon. Every one of our elected people took oaths to that effect. You either believe our freedoms mean something or you don't. You don't. I find that incredibly selfish that you demand the majority (those who will never get sick from this virus) give up their freedoms for the minority.

Crabcatcher79

We have seatbelts and airbags because the government mandated it. All it did was make cars cost more and give drivers an increased false sense of security, so they can drive faster and less safe. I don't see where any of the things have reduced accidents and related deaths at all.

Like I tried to tell you... I spent 20 years of my life, unselfishly, serving in the military, willing to die to preserve your freedom to call me any name you want. You seem pretty comfortable exercising your freedom of speech; and I'm glad. But you can't pick and choose which freedoms are more important and which are less as to give up to the government to address some crisis. ALL of our freedoms are equal that our government is mandated to not infringe upon. Every one of our elected people took oaths to that effect. You either believe our freedoms mean something or you don't. You don't. I find that incredibly selfish that you demand the majority (those who will never get sick from this virus) give up their freedoms for the minority.

Well that is the definition of selfish. If you had an immune compromised person in your life or an elderly person depending on you to bring them food and supplies during this time you would think differently.

Almost every other country in the world has gotten this virus under control through cooperation. That is the definition of freedom. Realizing your country men and women are equally important and deserve to be protected rom something they have no control over.

Even if they wear a mask and stay home there is still a risk their caregiver could pass it to them and you might contact that care giver out in the world.

You made a sacrifice for 20 years and risked your life but you aren't willing to wear a piece of cloth over your face for the 20 minutes it takes to buy groceries or pick up a meal.

That doesnt make any sense.

You were willing to defend American but now are not willing to defend Americans

This isn't an attempt by the government to take way your freedoms it is an attempt to save lives.

What if i told you the virus was released by terrorists as a means to kill americans Bet you'd strap on a N95 then

and about those seatbelts

No other single passive safety feature has been anywhere near as significant: it is estimated that at least one million lives have been saved by the three-point seatbeltover the course of its 57-year existence.