Incredible harmonies

BOP

Not restricted by genre. I happen to be listening to the folk music of my childhood, which happened to be the music my dad listened to while he was going to college.

This here is a fun song called Frogg No. 1

One of their signature songs: Green Fields

Last edited:

BOP

The Seekers. This is clearly off vinyl, not CD, but still a great song that's been covered by just about everyone.

One of their better known songs, "I'll Never Find Another You:"

"Georgy Girl," one of their best known hits:

BOP

Celebrities come, celebrities go, who cares; but when Mary Travers died, I was genuinely saddened. A great loss for us, heaven gained another angel.

BOP

These two weren't a group, per se, but they had an incredible chemistry and an awesome harmony whenever, where ever they played. Joan Baez and her sister, the late, great Mimi Farina:

For information on the organization that Mimi helped found: Welcome to Bread & Roses - Bread And Roses

"Bread & Roses brings hope and healing through live music to isolated individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our performances uplift the spirits of children undergoing chemotherapy, teens battling substance abuse, families in homeless shelters, seniors nearing the end of life transition, and others living apart from friends and family while facing challenging times.

Inspired by a 1912 poem by James Oppenheim, Mimi Fariña selected the name Bread & Roses to convey the spirit of the organization which she founded in 1974."

If this doesn't give you chills, check for a pulse:

BOP

I chose this one because it features Johnny and his brother Tommy Cash, June Carter Cash and her sisters, as well as Barbara Mandrell on steel guitar. Who knew? Unfortunately, her performance is cut off, but she was really good.

Anyway, the main thing is the amazing harmonies of the Carter family, as well as the rare performance of Tommy Cash and his brother.

BOP

Here's a group I always really enjoyed. Back then, I think they were called the Bill Gaither Trio. In any case, the harmonies are something.

I actually purchased a movie from Amazon.com just because it featured Kenny Vance doing this song in the movie...:lol: I caught Kenny and the Planatones doing this song on PBS and fell in love...:dance: I love me some doo wop...:dance:

BOP

:programingDoWopintoPandoraRadiorightnow:

Loves me some Do Wop as well.

WOGL in Philly was the schniz for Do Wop when I lived there. Best part of Philly.

Well, that, and the food.

BOP

Statler Brothers

In my musical travels this evening, I revisited a group I first became aware of back in 1975, as a young sailor in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. Here are some of their more well known secular songs:

BOP

This is not a regular group, but the harmony is amazing. Particularly true since it's sung acapella. Each of these ladies is a powerhouse in country music; together, they're awesome.

BOP

Going back a ways

This is also music of my childhood. This is the stuff of my parents' youth, growing up during the depression and WWII and all.