Indian food in San Souci

S

ShellyCW

I haven't ever eaten Indian food before last night, when I visited the Indian restaurant (I can't remember the name at the moment) in San Souci. My husband, Vicki and I were intimidated by the rep that Indian food usually gets but we wanted to at least try. The food was different than what I'd expected, but delicious. We had fabulous service: The waiter, Jay, was very helpful and friendly. We received a complimentary 10% discount for our next visit from the owner.
In total, I'd give it 2 thumbs up. :yay: :yay:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Been there a few times -- I love the place. The food is great, and the staff is VERY courteous and friendly. Great place, and the lunch buffet is good also.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I wanted to try it. But I want someone who knows a little about the food so they can recommend. I dont want to get something and not like it and pay full price for it. Ya know what I mean?:eek:

BudoPo

I've been there twice. The food is ok, but I've had better. The other Indian places I go to are better, but as they're in NYC, the one is San Soucci is a lot closer. The food at this place is good enough for me to eat there every once in a while.

pilot

I'll agree with you, BudoPo. I thought the place was good--definitely worth going back to--but I've had better.

pilot

Yes, San Souci is in St. Mary's County. If you were going south on 235 (towards the base), it's on the RHS across from the Shell station.

There are a number of ethnic restaurants in there including Indian, Chinese, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I went there for lunch one day when they serve the buffet. I was disappointed a) in the lack of options on the buffet, and b) the fact that most of the food on the buffet had been there awhile and/or was empty.

the chicken curry was excellent though. Loved it.

John Z

if you will
I am also going there today. I've been once before and I thought it was pretty good. In fact, I'd say it was tandorilicious. :biggrin:

Cheetah

Just went there on Sat night. It's pretty good, given that it is the only one around. The breads (nan) are really good and our main dishes were decent. Reasonable price.

John Z

if you will
If I'm not mistaken, a second location is being established in Waldorf/St. Charles in the Smallwood shopping center (near Safeway). It has the same name - Taste of India.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
We went for dinner on a Friday night about a month ago. Not real bad, but no real reason to return. The extra spicy wasn't! :frown: Our waitress brought us some extra hot sauce (she said one taste would burn all night) but it was just tasty pureed jalapeno stuff. Service wasn't great either since the place was less than a third full. She was v e r y - s l o w bringing everything.

John Z

if you will
BTW, the Taste Of India location in Smallwood (St. Charles) is open. Wife and I went there for dinner a week ago, and it was pretty darned good!:yum:

John Z

if you will
Well, I don't know about the differences. The one in San Souci - I've only had the lunch buffett there, and the Waldorf location - I've just had dinner. I am guessing their menus are the same.

pilot

I just thought I'd let people know that the Indian restaurant in San Souci has changed hands. We tried it last night, and it was very good--far better than the original one. We will definitely be going back.

Remember--use it or lose it!