Anthony James 49
Stgislander 44
OldHillCrestGuy 43
Checkered_Flag 37
Clevalley 27
HomeDepot20 27

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Why would you say it's not a super speedway? It's over 2 miles in length...

With it's rectangular shape, and just 9 degrees of banking in the turns, most NASCAR teams approach Indy more as a road course than a speedway.

Indy cars make a ton of down force with all the wings and large spoiler, so much so that they can't run it all because it creates drag and slows the car. NASCAR is running a low down force package this year, and coupled with the lack of banking gives them very low grip in the corners and makes it much more treacherous. Like driving this --->:shortbus:

Am I making any sense?

black dog

Free America
With it's rectangular shape, and just 9 degrees of banking in the turns, most NASCAR teams approach Indy more as a road course than a speedway.

Indy cars make a ton of down force with all the wings and large spoiler, so much so that they can't run it all because it creates drag and slows the car. NASCAR is running a low down force package this year, and coupled with the lack of banking gives them very low grip in the corners and makes it much more treacherous. Like driving this --->:shortbus:

Am I making any sense?

Yes, but my understanding that a track longer that 2 miles and nothing but left turns was classified as a super speedway..
It's not like this is a modern built track.. ( 1909 )

calvcopf

Yes, but my understanding that a track longer that 2 miles and nothing but left turns was classified as a super speedway..

That is correct.

Now, who are you picking for this race?

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick

Oh okay. I was answering more as to speed attained in Cup cars rather than it's classification. My bad.:doh:

black dog

Free America
Oh okay. I was answering more as to speed attained in Cup cars rather than it's classification. My bad.:doh:

No worries from me, Thanks.. it's funny, this is one of the two Nascar races I attend each year.
I think to OP is frustrated that a discussion happened in his thread...

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
No worries from me, Thanks.. it's funny, this is one of the two Nascar races I attend each year.
I think to OP is frustrated that a discussion happened in his thread...

You're going? Sweet! :yay: Hey, if you take any pictures I'd love to see them!

I don't think calvcopf was trying to be snippy, just trying to drum up more participation. Maybe to keep me from breathing down their neck? :lol:

Enjoy the race!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Oh, I almost forgot about my favorite nap of the year.

The summer races in NASCAR are really brutal. There's nothing they can do to make this stretch interesting aside from running them at short tracks.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Oh, I almost forgot about my favorite nap of the year.

The summer races in NASCAR are really brutal. There's nothing they can do to make this stretch interesting aside from running them at short tracks.

I would guess all the rain delays should help.