Indigo grill

Vince

Originally posted by jazz lady
I don't know. Some of the menus I've had were delicious, especially when lightly battered, delicately fried, and served with a mango-chutney sauce and a good merlot. :neener:

Even the merlot sounds good!:biggrin:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by RoseRed
The signs are up now.

I like the signs. I don't think that they light up!

What I find odd is that all this money goes into this building and the signs are put up on a building that needs paint or to be power washed. The mold or stains on the 235 side of the building are gross. Wonder if that reflects what is going on inside?:confused:

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
She opened up this weekend. I went in Saturday night. The little bar is nice and the drafts were cold. I didn't eat, but the food I saw looked good. I did get to sample a free appetizer because some group left 'cause it took too long for their food. Everyone else sitting near the bar seemed to enjoy it, though.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by tipsy mcgee
She opened up this weekend. I went in Saturday night. The little bar is nice and the drafts were cold. I didn't eat, but the food I saw looked good. I did get to sample a free appetizer because some group left 'cause it took too long for their food. Everyone else sitting near the bar seemed to enjoy it, though.

That's good to hear, I'll have to check it out. They still need to make the sign match the colors on the building, though, :biggrin:.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
I did get to sample a free appetizer because some group left 'cause it took too long for their food.

Why does that not surprise me?

They still need to make the sign match the colors on the building, though,

Would that be the fadded color of the building or the color of the mold on the side of the building.

What really surprises me about the signs is that they do not comply with what the center wants. They are not individual block letters and are not back-lit. Wonder how they got away with that and why the other tennants of the center are not up in arms over this.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Seems like you sure do have an axe to grind with these people, Chuck.

Not really. I know that a friend just spent a couple thousand on the required sign. What is good for one should be good for all.

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
I've been in twice and haven't seen a real wait yet. It was more crowded yesterday than I've seen so far. Still no TVs or music at the bar, which makes it boring, but the beers are cheaper than Outback.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've been in twice and haven't seen a real wait yet. It was more crowded yesterday than I've seen so far. Still no TVs or music at the bar, which makes it boring, but the beers are cheaper than Outback.
Were you sitting at the bar about 6:30 in a blue tee-shirt yesterday?

Otter

Nothing to see here
I did have a blue t-shirt on, but I didn't come in until later than that.

:offtopic: Ya know, Tipsy, you have been on this board forever and have managed to stay out of all the drama, you should get an award...:cheers:

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
I agree. You all should start up a kitty and get me something nice or just throw me a keg party.

Were you there yesterday, Rose?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Were you there yesterday, Rose?
Yes I was. Hubby and I had dinner then ended up planted at the bar with some friends. Had a fun time!

B

Betty_Elms

My god, this place was horrible. I haven't been in there since it was Perkins...now I know why. They did the cheapest job on the remodeling as they possibly could. Even the uniforms....cheap tee shirts that were tye dyed (badly).....looked like pajamas. The floor was just a bunch of paint spattered. To color the walls, ceiling, and chairs, they just got some spray paint. Tables are the same as from Perkins, just with stickers on them. Some ceiling tiles still/already missing. The service was terrible to boot. We had to wait a long time for everything....our "waiter" kept forgetting to do every little thing. Got some appetizers....after an hour of being there our waiter came out and said our order had never gone through. I'm not sure why.....something about the kitchen or our ticket got shredded in the machine or something. I don't know if it's always this bad, but beware if you plan to eat there. This place is a joke......

Satine

I was sitting right beside Betty at the Grill and I had the same opinion but i am going to elaborate on them some. Why? Because I am bored and it's my job as a US Citizen. I recently moved from St. Mary's County to No. Virginia. What a change, so to come back down for my one meal with the folks and friend, this was not the place I really wanted to go. We should have gone to Outback first which is where we went after Grill.

Ok first we were sat right away, at about 6:30 on a friday night, go figure, and they moved a couple walls and it's a lot brighter. Then after about five mintues of sitting there, not being waited on, if you worked in the food industry this is a long time, this mix between Bubba (from Forrest Gump) and muppet character finally comes over and says taht he will wait on us because no one else has. Fine, good. So then he takes our drink order, didn't ask us about an apetizer even though he's seen us look at the menu for the last century. So as he walks away, dad says "And we would like an appetizer..." To the guys surprise, he sends them in to the kitchen. Great. Then he comes back a few minutes later to the table to take our dinner order, which he DIDN'T write down, which could be part of the reason the "Kitchen" lost the order/the ticket got shreadded. He comes back about ten minutes later to his other tables and doesn't notice that my father (the one who is paying for the meal) is out of coffee and so is my sister. A couple of tries later he finally realizes that they need a refill.

SO then about ten minutes after that the appetizers come out. Great good. We eat them and he finally refills the drinks. We totally finish all of the appetizers, all of it almost licked the plate. Which we almost had to do because it was about five minutes after we got our appetzer and the second time we asked for some silverware. He doesn't take away our dirty dishes that are everywhere. So about another twenty minutes rolls by and the conversation is going great we are having a good time, when he comes out and says that the "kitchen" lost the order/shredded the ticket. Much to our shargin, we let him put our food back into the kitchen. First of all, he should have found this out 20 minutes ago, and the manager should have told us not him. The tables that have come after us have all but left by now, or are about to finish their meals. We deliberate at the table and decide that we are going to go to Outback and take it home and play some family games.

When he comes back out, which he stayed in the kitchen for a long time at different stretches at a time which makes the food order even more interesting, we tell him that we want our check. He brings that, no manager, no discount. Hello? When you mess up an order no matter who screwed it up you get the manager. So, for five drinks and two appetizers, $24 and something change. Dad left $25.

The prices are crazy high. I wouldn't pay that much for anything in that place. The mood sucks, the apmosmphere is worse then Perkins ever was and it's now stuck in the 80's. Tye dye? Hello? And they spray painted the ceiling fans that they probably took from the Rhumb Line, the concrete floor with the pastel blue, pink and pruple swirlly floor on top of a sky blue background, wow nice! Who thought that up? "Floating on water" my right butt cheek. It was horrible. They painted the chairs, from Perkins red to Indigo black, you can tell because it's already chipping.

The best part we could think of about the whole experience was that there wasn't anymore spitballs on the back walls (from bored county kids on the graveyard shift from Perkins) anymore.

The Outback was great and the games were fun.

Good luck Grill, you're gonna need it!

Moral of the story? When in doubt; choose Outback.