Indoor Pony Rides

jamesbond007

Does anyone know of a place that hosts indoor pony rides for birthday parties in the SOMD region?

Kamp a-kom-plish in Nanjemoy MD. They do pony parties, and they provide everything except cake and icecream. I volunteer there, and it is very well put together, and a lot of fun for children of all ages.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
At one time the riding school up at Flat Iron used to, but not sure if they do anymore. I have been gone from there as a boarder for about 6 months.

Khurley

Tomorrow night they will be doing pony rides. It might be best to go up there and talk to them right there.

We are going to head over there this weekend and will check it out - that's a great idea. I talked to them and it seems like they are the only ones that do indoor rides. I've called a bunch of places with no luck - thanks for all of the suggestions.

Khurley

We had my daughter's Pony Bday Party at Flat Iron Farm and when we arrived Julie was no where to be found nor were any of her other employees. Needless to say I was totally panicked when we walked around empty stables for 20 minutes. Luckily we found a nice woman at the barn who took out a couple ponies and had her daughter and another young lady take the kids for a ride. They finally were able to reach Julie and she never came to the farm nor has she contacted me to apologize. I had to clean the area where the kids were going to have cake on my own since it was covered in saw dust from the arena.

Please be very cautious if you book your child's party with this farm. I was so upset with the idea that I was going to have to tell all of the waiting kids that there would be no pony rides! We also drove over an hour to get there just to find an empty barn!

I emailed her 1 week before with the names and ages of the children and also asked for some advice with what we should plan in terms of activities and I also left a message each day the week of the party. I did not receive a return call or an email from Julie. She told me that they would have so much for the kids to do that 2 hours would fly by with mini lessons, games etc. Unfortunately she was not there to fulfill any of these great ideas so we were only there for about 1.5 hours trying to occupy the kids. The good thing is that kids can have funny anywhere, but I was so disapointed in the customer service.

Duckz

I am so sorry to hear about your experience! If there's a next time, please contact Doria at Kamp A-kom-plish. They are VERY organized and have tons of experience managing parties and events (it's not just a barn, but a whole facility that groups regularly rent out). Pony parties are something they do all the time. Doria is fantastic with kids, and the rest of the staff is great too. I cannot say enough nice things about that program.

It's good that your kids still had fun and that you found people nice enough to help you. IMO there is no excuse for what you had to deal with though. Better luck next time!

devinej

So sorry about your experience at Flat Iron. Not too surprised though as they have not been having the best of times over there recently, so I've heard. However, i was part of an event held there last year and Julie did have things somewhat ready for us when we got there to set up, was in the process of cleaning, and was around to answer our questions. Sorry she didn't do as much for you party...

I second Kamp Akomplish, Doria is great! They are prepared for pony parties, whereas most horse barns don't do that sort of thing.

Khurley

Thanks!

Thanks for the name of the other barn! I am sure that we will have another pony party for her next year. She loves horses!!!

Khurley

Wow! I'm glad you found someone to help out w/ the party. You deserve your money back.

Luckily we were going to pay for the party when we met with her the day of the party. Although, I would have rather paid for the party rather than frantically going all over the farm looking for Julie!!!!

duchess1

We had my daughter's Pony Bday Party at Flat Iron Farm and when we arrived Julie was no where to be found nor were any of her other employees. Needless to say I was totally panicked when we walked around empty stables for 20 minutes. Luckily we found a nice woman at the barn who took out a couple ponies and had her daughter and another young lady take the kids for a ride. They finally were able to reach Julie and she never came to the farm nor has she contacted me to apologize. I had to clean the area where the kids were going to have cake on my own since it was covered in saw dust from the arena.

Please be very cautious if you book your child's party with this farm. I was so upset with the idea that I was going to have to tell all of the waiting kids that there would be no pony rides! We also drove over an hour to get there just to find an empty barn!

I emailed her 1 week before with the names and ages of the children and also asked for some advice with what we should plan in terms of activities and I also left a message each day the week of the party. I did not receive a return call or an email from Julie. She told me that they would have so much for the kids to do that 2 hours would fly by with mini lessons, games etc. Unfortunately she was not there to fulfill any of these great ideas so we were only there for about 1.5 hours trying to occupy the kids. The good thing is that kids can have funny anywhere, but I was so disapointed in the customer service.

So sorry for your situtation! That is typical there. Julie has some of the best ideas and intentions, but unfortunately they rarely pan out. At least you got "something" for your money. I hope you have better luck next time!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
So sorry for your situtation! That is typical there. Julie has some of the best ideas and intentions, but unfortunately they rarely pan out. At least you got "something" for your money. I hope you have better luck next time!

I apologize.....I thought you were someone else.:whistle: