Inflation Reduction And Climate Change Act That Isn't

Clem72

Absolutely not true. Anyone within their first five years can be let go of easily. After 5 years it's more work but not too bad. I usually see one fired a year of just the people that I know.
3 years. It's 3 years of full-time service to go from "career conditional" to career, at which point the additional protections kick in. There is also a probationary period when moving into any position coded as supervisory (1 or 2 years depending on level). You can be "fired" from your supervisor job you typically have immediate return rights to your previous position.

PeoplesElbow

3 years. It's 3 years of full-time service to go from "career conditional" to career, at which point the additional protections kick in. There is also a probationary period when moving into any position coded as supervisory (1 or 2 years depending on level). You can be "fired" from your supervisor job you typically have immediate return rights to your previous position.
It was moved to 5 years so I'm told. We recently got rid of someone that had almost 5 in.

Removal as supervisor is pretty easy, I've seen it done numerous times. Their supervisor just has to pull the old "we decided we need an experienced person as ________" and they usually make some bullshit spot for them, stick them in a corner until they quit or retire. I've seen several branch heads and one division head removed this way. The two branch heads were my direct supervisors and the division head was my level 2. They had all been long term in the position, the branch heads pissed off the division head, and the removed division head was deemed ineffective by his supervisor, he was giving a presentation on the state of the division, got stopped halfway in and I had a new division head by the end of the day, so it is entirely possible.

Unfortunately with the availability of workers right now its "hire anyone that will accept" and we end up with a bunch of people that couldn't find their ass in the dark with a flashlight.

It all boils down to if the supervisor is willing to put in the work and if their supervisor decides it is worth it.

PeoplesElbow

It was moved to 5 years so I'm told. We recently got rid of someone that had almost 5 in.

Removal as supervisor is pretty easy, I've seen it done numerous times. Their supervisor just has to pull the old "we decided we need an experienced person as ________" and they usually make some bullshit spot for them, stick them in a corner until they quit or retire. I've seen several branch heads and one division head removed this way. The two branch heads were my direct supervisors and the division head was my level 2. They had all been long term in the position, the branch heads pissed off the division head, and the removed division head was deemed ineffective by his supervisor, he was giving a presentation on the state of the division, got stopped halfway in and I had a new division head by the end of the day, so it is entirely possible.

Unfortunately with the availability of workers right now its "hire anyone that will accept" and we end up with a bunch of people that couldn't find their ass in the dark with a flashlight.

It all boils down to if the supervisor is willing to put in the work and if their supervisor decides it is worth it.
Oh I know another division head that was removed from his position, blew the operating budget by a lot and he was quickly replaced. Use to be managers that did that kept getting promoted until they could no longer do any real damage.

Clem72

Oh I know another division head that was removed from his position, blew the operating budget by a lot and he was quickly replaced. Use to be managers that did that kept getting promoted until they could no longer do any real damage.
I have seen my share of people promoted to answering phones. I think that doesn't happen quite as much now after so many years of force reduction. They are scared of losing the billets so they muddle along with poor performers.

PeoplesElbow

I have seen my share of people promoted to answering phones. I think that doesn't happen quite as much now after so many years of force reduction. They are scared of losing the billets so they muddle along with poor performers.
That is a concern, I know someone that was told they couldn't go to another job because if allowed to that billet will go away.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
11BEEB74-0914-472C-A223-3289E3243015.jpeg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New CBO Score Shows Biden's Spending Bill Is Worse Than Previously Expected

The White House has repeatedly claimed the legislation, which passed without any Republican support, would not only reduce inflation but would also bring down the federal deficit. Additionally, they've touted the bill as a historic Green New Deal style "investment."

Meanwhile Democrat Senator Joe Manchin, who worked with Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to get the legislation over the finish line, is taking a hit in the polls.

The polling for Manchin is also brutal. It finds that 51 percent of registered voters now have an unfavorable opinion of him, compared to just 21 percent who have a favorable view. In the same poll last month, Manchin was nearly even, with 34 percent favorable and 35 percent favorable.
That means that in a matter of a few weeks, Manchin’s favorability dropped a net 29 points.
After voting for the bill, Manchin admitted it will not reduce inflation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Marketwatch ran an insightful story this week headlined, "IRS Warns Americans Over $600 Threshold to Report Venmo, PayPal Payments.” Before this year, the threshold for filing income tax Form 1099-K was at least two hundred e-pay transactions totaling at least $20,000.

Now it’s down to only $600 bucks and one transaction.

Don’t blame the IRS. When Congress passed Joe Biden’s ironically-titled American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, it reduced the reporting threshold to a single transaction over $600. Democrats said the change was needed to help pay for a $3.5 trillion social spending bill, focused largely on climate programs, child care and education.

In other words, grants to liberal non-profits and activist groups.

You may also recall that Biden and the democrat Party have always promised, hands on Bibles, that Americans earning under $400,000 annually would not have to pay a cent more in taxes.

Sorry, suckers!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

7 Reasons High Inflation Isn’t Likely To Go Away Any Time Soon

1. ‘Covid’ Overspending Continues Until at Least 2024
2. Democrats and Republicans Recently Went on Even More Inflationary Spending Binges
3. Build Back Bankrupt Shoveled Yet More Out the Door for Years to Come
4. Federal Officials Are Destroying the People’s Trust
5. The U.S. Federal Government Is Effectively Bankrupt and Inflation Helps It Hide That
6. Child Scarcity Will Drive Higher Prices
7. The People Who Did All This Are Still in Charge

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Co-host Joe Kernen asked, “What I was trying to figure out, Warren, is, in your long life, where you’ve seen a lot of different business cycles and you’ve seen hyperinflation and you’ve seen secular disinflation last forever, what do you think happened this time to get to 40-year highs? It’s obviously pandemic-related and supply chain-related, but do you ascribe anything to the Fed enabling too much fiscal spending, profligate spending by the federal — or by the government in general? Do you think that added to it, the increase in the money supply? Or where did it come from? Why did we — what engendered it this time around? And how bad is it, how long-lasting?”

Buffett answered, “It’s fun sending money out to people if you want to stay in office and you want their vote. And that’s always been a problem of our political system and around the world. And some companies just — or some countries have just printed it, where they have billions and billions of this currency or that. … I think that the United States has generally done a pretty good job of keeping inflation from getting out of control.”