Informal Trump opinion poll

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
How many of you who didn't really care for Trump but held your nose and voted for him anyway are now seeing him in a more favorable light?

How many are seeing him less favorably?

And what has changed or solidified your opinion?

Personality wise I dont' like him but the fact that he causes the Democrats to do everything short of hang themselves, I'm in for the duration. :yay:

If he actually does cause them to hang themselves, I'll support repealing the 22nd amendment. :biggrin:

Midnightrider

MR is still stuck on Stupid because I stated in the run up to the election I was not going to vote at all .... but I changed my mind - local voting still might matter

not that ANYTHING stated on the Internet really matters ... unless he was standing behind me at the local poling place he doesn't know WTF he is talking about

:killingme

nope you said the day of that you had not voted. then you changed your story.

Hank?

This_person

:killingme

just making sure you dont forget what you actually said. :yay:

Gurps - he needs the last word to feel like he matters. Please give it to him so he'll STFU and go away, then we can get back to the topic of the thread. No offense, but no one cares for whom you voted or abstained; don't give him the creditability of arguing with him.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Gurps - he needs the last word to feel like he matters. Please give it to him so he'll STFU and go away, then we can get back to the topic of the thread. No offense, but no one cares for whom you voted or abstained; don't give him the creditability of arguing with him.

Stop!!!! I want to see if MR can hijack this thread for at least 10 pages.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

then why did you quote him, and call me out

Stop!!!! I want to see if MR can hijack this thread for at least 10 pages.

:yay:

terbear1225

and back to the original topic....

didn't vote for him (didn't vote for Hill either, decided to "waste" my vote expressing my utter displeasure with both parties) leaning towards not voting for him in the future unless there are some pretty drastic changes between now and then. While I don't disagree with some of his decisions as far as the direction of the country, I just can't get past his complete lack of decorum for lack of a better word. I feel like someone with more diplomacy would be able to make the same decisions, with a lot more agreement and less disfunction.

I genuinely can't figure out if the man is an absolute genius for distraction and directing the attention of the media away from what he's actually doing, or if he's legitimately that much of a raging egomaniac.

transporter

Which reminds me of a Part B:

How many of you didn't vote for Trump but are inclined to vote for him in 2020, barring any complications or changes in situation?

Didn't vote for him...never will. That should not come as a surprise. The man is an utter disgrace and has earned his 35-40% approval rating.

Trump has demonstrably failed on almost every level. This person actually offers a pretty good list. Trump is so much worse than Obama.

To that you can add:

*His complete failure to understand trade and the global supply chains that no exist.

*His complete failure to understand who tariffs impact.

*His complete and utter disgrace in Helsinki and his continued limp wristed approach to Russia.

*His attacks on the DOJ.

*His comments on the Federal Reserve.

*His complete inability to put anything into context and therefore to lie or mislead or embellish on every topic.

*His inability to hold a position for more than a few days.

and on and on and on.

Trump is a disgrace

Grumpy

While I don't disagree with some of his decisions as far as the direction of the country, I just can't get past his complete lack of decorum for lack of a better word.

Ignoring his lack of decorum, you said you agreed with 'some' of his decisions, what are the decisions you didn't agree with?, honestly curious. Also, acting with decorum and trying to appease the left didn't work out so well for W.

This_person

This person actually offers a pretty good list.

You're right. :yay:

Trump is so much worse than Obama.

You're wrong.

To that you can add:

*His complete failure to understand trade and the global supply chains that no exist.

*His complete and utter disgrace in Helsinki and his continued limp wristed approach to Russia.

*His attacks on the DOJ.

*His complete inability to put anything into context and therefore to lie or mislead or embellish on every topic.

and on and on and on.

Trump is a disgrace

I won't go down this line by line - because you'll never respond. But, most of what you've given here is void of any substance, thus making it worse than just opinion.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Didn't vote for him...never will. That should not come as a surprise. The man is an utter disgrace and has earned his 35-40% approval rating.

Trump has demonstrably failed on almost every level. This person actually offers a pretty good list. Trump is so much worse than Obama.

To that you can add:

*His attacks on the DOJ.

and on and on and on.

Trump is a disgrace

Don't know how you can get "demonstrably" to mean "in my opinion".

Toxick

Splat
How many of you who didn't really care for Trump but held your nose and voted for him anyway are now seeing him in a more favorable light?

How many are seeing him less favorably?

And what has changed or solidified your opinion?

I see him more sympathetically because of the sheer magnitude and amount of media attacks that he has withstood. I think that if the same amount of scrutiny had been applied to the last several presidents, we'd see quite a different America than the cesspit this one is turning into.

Also, he is doing - or trying to do - all the things he said he would. Not that I agree with them all, but damn if he's not doing them, and I find that... interesting/refreshing/curious?

Plus economy.

I still think he's a ####. Egotistical, narcissistic, conniving, and not a little sleezy. But still the media has backfired with me - and I think I'm not alone.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
6) His complete lack of experience in foreign policy. He is far better at this on so many levels it's not even funny. I find him much better than I ever thought he could be. Whether that is great people supporting/training him, or himself, I do not know or care. He's doing great, and that's all I need to know.

I see this as not so much a matter of him being better at foreign policy as much as he thinks outside the box and isn't constrained by Gov-Think.

Add to that, eight years of Obamas foreign policy and anybody would look good.