'Infrastructure' Plan With Very Little Infrastructure Spending

Hijinx

I thought it was a Covid Bill, but now it's an infrastructure bill, which in fact, undeniable fact is a pork bill for democrats cities.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
White House: People Who Don't Accept Our Definition of 'Infrastructure' are Voting Against Women and Seniors

But the vast majority of the bill isn't about infrastructure at all and the White House is clearly trying redefine the term in order to get it passed. In fact, they're headed back to talking points about killing grandma, wanting dirty water and the war on women to get the job done.

"On the infrastructure question, let me say that some Republicans -- who have been vocal -- think investing in water systems and replacing pipes so Americans can have clean drinking water is not infrastructure, but the President does," White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said during the daily briefing Monday afternoon. "Some don't think that building a support system to take care of elderly parents or kids with disabilities at home so people can go back into the workforce -- some of those 2 million women who have left the workforce during the pandemic -- some think that that is not investing in the infrastructure -- our workforce of this country that are the backbone of this country; the President disagrees."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...n-credentials-n2587432?utm_campaign=inarticle

Hijinx

White House: People Who Don't Accept Our Definition of 'Infrastructure' are Voting Against Women and Seniors

But the vast majority of the bill isn't about infrastructure at all and the White House is clearly trying redefine the term in order to get it passed. In fact, they're headed back to talking points about killing grandma, wanting dirty water and the war on women to get the job done.

"On the infrastructure question, let me say that some Republicans -- who have been vocal -- think investing in water systems and replacing pipes so Americans can have clean drinking water is not infrastructure, but the President does," White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said during the daily briefing Monday afternoon. "Some don't think that building a support system to take care of elderly parents or kids with disabilities at home so people can go back into the workforce -- some of those 2 million women who have left the workforce during the pandemic -- some think that that is not investing in the infrastructure -- our workforce of this country that are the backbone of this country; the President disagrees."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...n-credentials-n2587432?utm_campaign=inarticle

She is talking about a drop in the bucket like it was the major part of the bill.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Didn't you hear? "Infrastructure" now means "anything we want to funnel to our cronies and if you don't agree you're a racist".

SamSpade

Didn't you hear? "Infrastructure" now means "anything we want to funnel to our cronies and if you don't agree you're a racist".

I think SOME of what he said is actually right - infrastructure to me means, those large public projects that we all are connected with and benefit all of us. So yeah, it includes roads and bridges but it should also mean sewers and water mains and gas lines and the electrical grid and train tracks. It would include water ways for transport and our ports and airports. And nowadays, yes, includes stable cable and Internet. In the last year, we've learned we depend on these things as much as phone and gas lines. Without these, we're I do see it as kind of broad, because it's a broad TERM.

If infrastructure ONLY meant roads and bridges - it'd be a roads and highways bill.

What it DOESN'T mean - housing projects. Community colleges. Electric vehicle subsidies (but - it's green right? Yeah - they still DRIVE on ROADS - that need to be fixed).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Emperor Palpatine Claims Death Star Is 'Infrastructure'

"This planet-killing weapon is infrastructure," he said to reporters at a press conference on the bridge of a Star Destroyer orbiting Geonosis.

"Build back better!" he added before cackling like a maniac and murdering all the members of the press with his laser hands.