Instant Pot chuck roast, carrots, and potatoes

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SO annoying.

I've looked at 4 different recipes from 4 different credible sources - brand names, not some rando with a blog - and all 4 have different cook times, ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours. Now, in a pressure cooker an additional hour is LONG time. And last time I did it the meat wasn't quite tender, yet the veggies were mush.

So what I'm going to do is cook the meat separately, then add the veggies for the last maybe 10 or 15 minutes.

Wish me luck.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I made a crock pot of ground beef vegetable soup a couple weeks ago and added the veggies at the beginning instead of the towards the end and it turned out good. A pressure cooker would've demolished them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So far I haven't had a roast as good in a pressure cooker as in a slow cooker.

Yeah, the crockpot was always a sure thing - dump in veggies, meat over the top, pour broth and a can of Rotel over the top, push start, eat in 7-ish hours.

Even when I put the Instant Pot on slow cook it doesn't come out right.

glhs837

Power with Control
Man, my roasts are always awesome in the IP biggest failure point is in the pressure release. Of course, time to cook depends on size of the roast.

Veggies always add at the end. I never use the IP to sear, thats like working in a well.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The best way I’ve found yet is salt/pepper then wrap in foil. Three hours in the smoker at 250 if it’s thawed, four if frozen.