InstantPot

glhs837

Power with Control
I tried this tonight with 7 eggs (all that would fit in the egg rack I bought) and they came out PERFECT! :yahoo:

You aren't limited to a single stack, you can stack them on top of each other I'll do a whole dozen at once on either my egg rack or the stock trivet.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You aren't limited to a single stack, you can stack them on top of each other I'll do a whole dozen at once on either my egg rack or the stock trivet.
Thanks. I didn't know if you could so I settled for doing the number of eggs I had holes for. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It seems really stupid to get excited about hardboiled eggs, but here we are. :lol: It gives me a lot of pleasure to slide those shells right off.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It seems really stupid to get excited about hardboiled eggs, but here we are. :lol: It gives me a lot of pleasure to slide those shells right off.
Yes, it's the little things in our everyday lives that make us happy. But after struggling with peeling eggs since I could boil an egg, this is truly revolutionary. :getdown:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Everytime "InstantPot" comes up on the screen I keep picturing a Cannibis Chia Pet.

glhs837

Power with Control
Showed a coworked how I was able to just crack and squeeze the egg right out of the shell. That convinced him :) He's had one for a while, but he's also got three kids ranging from 6 to 6 months :)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, it's the little things in our everyday lives that make us happy. But after struggling with peeling eggs since I could boil an egg, this is truly revolutionary.

I could have used an Instant Pot when I was working in the bar and had to make the pickled eggs.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Everytime "InstantPot" comes up on the screen I keep picturing a Cannibis Chia Pet.

Close enough

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I made chicken breasts in the Instant Pot last night. They were marinated overnight in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Used the saute feature to brown on both sides for a couple, added about a cup of chicken stock to the bottom, put them on the rack, then cooked on high pressure for 5 minutes, then natural release for 5 more. I am normally not a fan of chicken breasts, preferring thigh meat instead, but they came out very moist and flavorful! :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
Try that same thing without the overnight marinade. You might be surprised at how the pressure gets you that overnight flavor meld in a short time.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Try that same thing without the overnight marinade. You might be surprised at how the pressure gets you that overnight flavor meld in a short time.
That was my plan Monday night but that didn't happen, so I just threw the marinade together, poured it over the chicken, and put it in the fridge until I had the time and energy to cook it yesterday. I will keep that in mind and try it with the next batch.

Have I said again how much I love my Instant Pot? :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So I tried cooking a dozen eggs at one time, just piling them on top of each other, and they came out perfect! :yahoo:

I did learn a valuable lesson when I went to steam broccoli and dumped the water in it without the pot inside the cooker. It just pours out the bottom and all over the counter. :doh:

BusinessTime

Smart move on reusing the left over chicken liquid. I'm a big fan of using homemade stocks and such. Growing up most of the meats I ate were served dry. As an adult I've become a big fan of various sauces. How much rice did you cook with approx. 3/4 water? Unless the bird had a lot of released juices, it doesn't sound like you could make a whole bunch with that little bit of liquid.
I've made broth a few times now in my IP. Super fast. This will sound nutty, but I keep a large freezer bag of veggie scraps. When the bag is full, add a quart of water & the scraps & some seasoning to the IP & in about an hour you've got a great veg stock

Monello

PREMO Member
I've made broth a few times now in my IP. Super fast. This will sound nutty, but I keep a large freezer bag of veggie scraps. When the bag is full, add a quart of water & the scraps & some seasoning to the IP & in about an hour you've got a great veg stock
When I had the room, I'd save all the asparagus ends. Freeze them to make stock for an awesome cream of asparagus soup.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That is next. Homemade stocks and broths are the bomb. I have several packages in the freezer with trimmings: celery tops, onion peels, carrot tops, asparagus stems, etc. Also beef and ham bones for making broth. Just not enough time in the day to do everything I want!

Monello

PREMO Member
Minestrone soup today. Onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, tomato, peas, spinach, chix stock, herbs, pasta & canned white beans. Finish with some parm cheese and voila.