Insurrection Obsession

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

House Committee Releases Report Showcasing How Pelosi’s J6 Committee Was Used for Politics and Lawfare​

March 11, 2024 | Sundance | 231 Comments

The House Subcommittee on Oversight released a report [SEE HERE] and overview [SEE HERE] highlighting just how political the J6 committee was. The report outlines how Nancy Pelosi structured the J6 committee for political intents, and the longer report showcases the evidence of how Liz Cheney assisted.

WASHINGTON– Today, Committee on House Administration’s Subcommittee on Oversight Chairman Barry Loudermilk (GA-11) released his “Initial Findings Report” on the events of January 6, 2021 as well as his investigation into the politicization of the January 6th Select Committee. (more)

1710242285245.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Former Defense Secretary Says Jan. 6 Committee Issued ‘Latent Threat’ to Keep Quiet

“The two of us were on [the Fox News show] and the next day my lawyer got a call from the Jan. 6 staff director. ... I forgot exactly who it was, but basically saying, very legalistic, ‘Well, if your client has additional information he wants to share, we’d be happy to have him re-interviewed,'” Mr. Miller told the Mail.

“It was more that latent threat of, ‘If you want to keep going on TV, we’re gonna drag you in here again for additional hours of hearing testimony.’ So that was the nature of that whole thing. It was the latent threat of the government continuing to intrude into my life.”

The former defense secretary added that he did not have the “resources to continue the battle” with the Jan. 6 committee and didn’t want to face any more depositions. Instead, he kept to himself and did not discuss how the panel allegedly targeted him.

“I didn’t talk about it with anybody else because of the fear or the concern,” he told the outlet. “I wasn’t communicating with anybody, because I knew any interactions I had on it would result in me having to ... acknowledge that I'd been in communications with other people. And then that just sort of opens up a whole can of worms with the investigators that I just didn’t want to do.”

The former secretary said, “It was much easier just to not be involved with anybody or talk to anybody about this stuff because it was going to cause conflict and difficulties with the investigating team.”

Mr. Miller added that it was clear that former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) was running the Jan. 6 panel even though she was one of only two Republicans on the committee. He said that he believed that Ms. Cheney, who lost the 2022 Wyoming Republican primary to the pro-Trump Harriet Hageman, was not happy with the “optics” of Mr. Miller’s appearing on television and going against the panel’s anti-Trump narrative.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

71-Year-Old Grandma Convicted on All Charges by DC Jury After Praying in Capitol on Jan. 6

By Randy DeSoto, The Western Journal Apr. 5, 2024 8:00 pm462 Comments

A Washington, D.C., jury convicted Rebecca Lavrenz of Falcon, Colorado, known on social media as the “J6 Praying Grandma,” of four federal misdemeanor charges Thursday related to her participation in the Jan. 6, 2021, incursion of the U.S. Capitol.

The 71-year-old faces up to a year in prison and more than $200,000 in fines, the Colorado Springs Gazette reported.

According to federal court documents, Lavrenz’s crimes were entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct in a restricted area, disorderly conduct in the Capitol Building, and parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol.

Federal prosecutors said in a court filing that cellphone data and video footage showed Lavrenz entered the Capitol at approximately 2:43 p.m. on Jan. 6, 2021, about 90 minutes after the conclusion of then-President Donald Trump’s speech on the Ellipse.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Judge Ordered Jan. 6 Defendant’s Computer Monitored for ‘Disinformation’—Appeals Court Overturns

‘Monitoring and Inspection’​

The judge said Mr. Goodwyn should be monitored during his supervised release to determine if he is spreading disinformation on social media.
“…Since he has used social media in order to provide what I consider to be disinformation about this situation,” the judge said, “I would require that he permit his computer use to be subject to monitoring and inspection by the probation department to see if he is, in fact, disseminating information of the nature that relates to the events that resulted in what occurred on January 6th of 2021.”

Ms. Stewart filed an appeal of the computer-monitoring provision on June 30, 2023. In her appeal brief, Ms. Stewart said there is no law related to “disinformation” and Mr. Goodwyn’s computer use is unrelated to his single-count trespassing conviction.

The government monitoring is “without reasonable suspicion or probable cause of criminal activity,” she wrote, “where computer searches for undefined ‘disinformation’ are not reasonably related to any crime.”

The U.S. Court of Appeals agreed, writing that Judge Walton “plainly erred in imposing the computer-monitoring condition without considering whether it was ‘reasonably related’ to the relevant sentencing factors and involved ‘no greater deprivation of liberty than is reasonably necessary’ to achieve the purposes behind sentencing.”

The mandate, which sent the issue back to Judge Walton, said if he still wants to impose computer monitoring he must explain his legal reasoning, develop a record to support the provision and ensure what he orders follows federal supervised-release law, and ensure it accords with constitutional protections.

[clip]
https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2024/04/05/id5623015-3.jpg
While the Court of Appeals order could open the door for Judge Walton to try imposing the monitoring again, Ms. Stewart said she views the order more “as a check and balance that he can’t just make himself the ‘Ministry of Truth’ again.”

Judge Walton criticized Mr. Goodwyn for other statements he made about Jan. 6 regarding police use of force, including the case of Rosanne Boyland, who was beaten in the head and body with a walking stick by a Metropolitan Police Department officer less than two hours before her death.

After Mr. Goodwyn finished his statement to the court, Judge Walton scolded him, claiming that he did not seem to care about the law enforcement officers who were injured on Jan. 6.

“And, you know, the police officers—you say you are not anti-police and I hope that is the case,” the judge said. “But, you know, to suggest that the only people who died that day were Trump supporters, that is just not true.”

Mr. Goodwyn attempted to correct the judge’s misstatement, without success. Four people died at the Capitol on Jan. 6: Ashli Babbitt, Ms. Boyland, Kevin Greeson, and Benjamin Philips. All were Trump supporters. No police officers died at the Capitol that day.

The judge was having none of it.

“You are digging a hole for yourself,” Judge Walton said. “Keep on digging.”

Mr. Goodwyn said the judge “argued with me about whether I had remorse or not about officers on January 6, yet he was apparently unaware of the deaths of protesters Benjamin Philips, Kevin Greeson, and Rosanne Boyland, and his belief is that the murder of Ashli Babbitt was justified.”

Judge Walton should be REMOVED from the courts Clearly the judge believes in the discredited narrative

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Top Military Official Lied About Jan. 6: Whistleblowers

Then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy made multiple false claims, including that he spoke to the commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard on two separate occasions after officials requested that the Guard be deployed to the Capitol, the whistleblowers said.

After Maj. Gen. William Walker conveyed a request from the U.S. Capitol Police for Guard personnel, Mr. McCarthy called Maj. Gen. Walker at 2:14 p.m. and instructed the Guard to stand by, according to a Guard timeline of Jan. 6, 2021. But that call and others that Mr. McCarthy or one of his top advisers were said to have made later authorizing the Guard for mobilization and deployment did not happen, according to the Guard officials.

“At no time did Gen. Walker take any calls, nor did we ever hear from the secretary on any of the ongoing conference calls or the secure video teleconferencing throughout the day,” Capt. Timothy Nick, who served as Maj. Gen. Walker’s personal assistant on Jan. 6, 2021, said during the hearing. “This I know because I was with the command general the entire time recording the events.”