Insurrection Obsession

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Why would you be against a full investigation unless you were worried about hiding something?

Who said I was against it... all 14000 hours of video should be released and the FBI's report today that shows "scant" evidence released in full to the public.

My "blah blah blah" was directed towards you.

Bayscrapper

Who said I was against it... all 14000 hours of video should be released and the FBI's report today that shows "scant" evidence released in full to the public.

My "blah blah blah" was directed towards you.

So all of the body cam footage is "scant" the hours of sworn testimony from officers, police reports, medical records, surveillance video, cell phone data, facebook posts , tweets and confiscated weapons aren't enough for you? Most of these morons had their phones in their pockets while entering a restricted federal building.

Just because it was your side that tried to overthrow the government doesn't mean you need to defend them.

Democracy doesn't mean only when your side wins the election,

Dakota

~~~~~~~
So all of the body cam footage is "scant" the hours of sworn testimony from officers, police reports, medical records, surveillance video, cell phone data, facebook posts , tweets and confiscated weapons aren't enough for you? Most of these morons had their phones in their pockets while entering a restricted federal building.

Just because it was your side that tried to overthrow the government doesn't mean you need to defend them.

Democracy doesn't mean only when your side wins the election,

Seriously? Playbook known - even the FBI put out a presser today - nothing was planned.

I still think FBI's report should be made public and all videos released.

I am in the opinion there is no Democracy - just cherry picked people to run the criminal enterprise our government has become.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
FBI Raids Home of Couple Accused of January 6 Capitol Trespassing, Aims Gun at Their Child, Father Claims

Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI) raided a farm near Covington, Ga., looking for a husband-and-wife team accused of walking into the Capitol on January 6. The couple insists they didn’t enter the building and claims the FBI aimed a gun with a laser sight at their 11-year-old daughter. Forty FBI agents, reportedly arriving in four armored vehicles, moved in on the family’s farm at 7 a.m. on August 10.

Hyatt and his wife are associated with Chris Hill, the leader of a far-right militia group called the “111% Security Force.” Hyatt claims he knows Hill on a personal level, and that his wife speak with him frequently, but insists they are not members of the group.

“I don’t participate (in the militia) for this very reason—I can’t have my life destroyed” Hyatt declared.

The FBI has been criticized for arresting elderly women and families for taking selfies in the Capitol and trying to get people to rat out their families and friends.

Hyatt said that although he and his wife attended Donald Trump’s January 6 “Stop the Steal” rally outside the White House, they did not join the subsequent siege on Congress.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Has the FBI demolished Democrats' insurrection narrative about Jan. 6?

The House committee investigating what happened at the Capitol on Jan. 6 announced Monday that it will try to obtain phone records from several hundred people, including lawmakers, to get to the bottom of what was discussed beforehand. This follows an Aug. 20 report by Reuters, already generating fierce political controversy, that a long-running FBI investigation has concluded the events in the Capitol were not “the result of an organized plot to overthrow the presidential election result.” Quoting current and former law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation, Reuters said the FBI “at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated” and has found “no evidence that [President Trump] or people directly around him were involved.”

This report, if accurate, deals a devastating blow to the dominant Democratic Party and liberal media narrative that Jan. 6 was an “insurrection” — the worst assault on the U.S. government since the War of 1812, or at least the Civil War. Somewhat belying these hyperbolic historical comparisons is the fact that most of the protesters who breached the Capitol were unarmed and the only incidence of gunfire was when a Capitol police officer shot and killed a woman, Ashli Babbitt, a shooting for which he will not face disciplinary action.

Also telling is that of the more than 500 individuals arrested, only a few cases reportedly have been adjudicated and most of these involved individuals who accepted plea bargains for relatively minor offenses such as trespassing or obstruction of justice in order to avoid incarceration.

SamSpade

"Overthrow the government"? Yeah, that's a laugh. They WALKED into the building while the cops held the door open for them -
they took selfies - not one of them had a firearm or so much as a peashooter.

You'd have more luck robbing Fort Knox pretending your finger was a gun.

It was an angry mob, no different than the dozens of violent protests in the many months prior, and as it so happens, far less violent and destructive. There were no fires, no Molotov cocktails, no gunshots (except to a protester), no fireworks set off, no throngs of people armed with bats and frozen bottles of water, no explosives used.

This wasn't "overthrowing the government", no "insurrection", no "coup". It was a mob, and the Dems are having the vapors over it.

The Dems are just clutching their pearls because this time, it was against THEM. They were just fine with all the unrest prior to that - supporting it, bailing them out of jail, and so on. It was only when the protesters showed up at the mayor of Portland's door - when the protestors targeted THEM - that they had any qualms on the violence.

AGAIN - they were TOTALLY fine and not at all condemning of the violence all the previous year. We heard that riots are the voice of the unheard. We had Andrew Cuomo glibly say "who said protests have to be peaceful?". How many times does it need to be said, the Democrats were TOTALLY OK when the violence was supporting their causes and targeting their opponents?

Bayscrapper

"Overthrow the government"? Yeah, that's a laugh. They WALKED into the building while the cops held the door open for them -
they took selfies - not one of them had a firearm or so much as a peashooter.

You'd have more luck robbing Fort Knox pretending your finger was a gun.

It was an angry mob, no different than the dozens of violent protests in the many months prior, and as it so happens, far less violent and destructive. There were no fires, no Molotov cocktails, no gunshots (except to a protester), no fireworks set off, no throngs of people armed with bats and frozen bottles of water, no explosives used.

This wasn't "overthrowing the government", no "insurrection", no "coup". It was a mob, and the Dems are having the vapors over it.

The Dems are just clutching their pearls because this time, it was against THEM. They were just fine with all the unrest prior to that - supporting it, bailing them out of jail, and so on. It was only when the protesters showed up at the mayor of Portland's door - when the protestors targeted THEM - that they had any qualms on the violence.

AGAIN - they were TOTALLY fine and not at all condemning of the violence all the previous year. We heard that riots are the voice of the unheard. We had Andrew Cuomo glibly say "who said protests have to be peaceful?". How many times does it need to be said, the Democrats were TOTALLY OK when the violence was supporting their causes and targeting their opponents?

Where do you get your information?

"But 23 people have been charged with having deadly or dangerous weapons during the assault — including a loaded handgun found on a man arrested on Capitol grounds."

They also set up a gallows, beat one officer so badly he later died and blinded another in one eye.

The prior protests happened in public not in private federal restricted areas with the intent of attacking the VP to stop him from certifying the results of a free and fair election.

You sound like a insane person defending these terrorists.

There is no difference between them and other terrorists that try to interfere with the results of elections when their side loses.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Please provide any evidence to support the notion that any government has ever been, or could ever be, overthrown by fire extinguishers, pepper spray and flagpoles.

I'll wait. :tap:

Bayscrapper

And the NYT admitted what the medical examiner said - he had NO BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA.
Zee-ro. He died from a stroke. As did a few protesters. Were THEY murdered?

Whats your point? Mutliple officers committed suicide.

If Trump hadn't lied to his followers none of this would have happened.

Bayscrapper

Please provide any evidence to support the notion that any government has ever been, or could ever be, overthrown by fire extinguishers, pepper spray and flagpoles.

Someone didn't read the article linked above their idiotic post

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... beat one officer so badly he later died ....

You are lying again Sapidus ... and ' Fact Check is distorting information ..... the alleged insurrection was long over by 7 pm .. there is NO Indication this guy was part of the Riot and Occupation

The Metropolitan Police Department reported its officers, while trying to clear the Capitol grounds about 7 p.m. on Jan. 6, arrested and charged a 33-year-old Maryland man with the federal offense of carrying a fully loaded 9mm semi-automatic handgun on Capitol grounds. 1

Clarification, June 25: In response to a reader’s inquiry, we updated this story to clarify that Christopher Michael Alberts was arrested by Metropolitan Police on Jan. 6 for carrying a pistol without a license, possession of a firearm on Capital grounds and other charges. He was formally charged in U.S. District Court on Jan. 7.

SamSpade

Whats your point? Mutliple officers committed suicide.

Probably the same way Epstein did. I know lots of police who have seen things weekly much worse than anything that happened that day.

Sorry, but suicide proves nothing. For all we know, they became overwhelmed by left-wing pressure and their politicization of the matter.
Says nothing.

I've known at least a dozen people in my life who committed suicide - it's never one thing that does it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Someone didn't read the article linked above their idiotic post
I read it completely.

Only one firearm recovered. The rest of the "Weapons" as they described them consisted of a bat, flag poles, a fire extinguisher, pepper spray.

Please show us what government on the planet was overthrown by "insurrectionists" so inadequately armed.

Bayscrapper

Probably the same way Epstein did. I know lots of police who have seen things weekly much worse than anything that happened that day.

Sorry, but suicide proves nothing. For all we know, they became overwhelmed by left-wing pressure and their politicization of the matter.
Says nothing.

I've known at least a dozen people in my life who committed suicide - it's never one thing that does it.

Again. Who cares what your opinion is? We are talking about facts

The fact remains at least 10 people would be alive if Trump had the balls to say i lost fair and square. And instead you idiots allowed him to go around lying for months which lead to this situation.

SamSpade

I read it completely.

Only one firearm recovered. The rest of the "Weapons" as they described them consisted of a bat, flag poles, a fire extinguisher, pepper spray.

Please show us what government on the planet was overthrown by "insurrectionists" so inadequately armed.

Which really proves the point I've always made - this was a mob. Of the thousands there - a few hundred entered the building. Of those, most of them just walked around like a bunch of stupid ass teenagers taking selfies. And many of them WERE LET IN.