interested in another benefit trail ride?

devinej

We are working on getting a benefit trail ride going out at Cremona Farm in Mechanicsville - to benefit Tri-county youth services.

working on a date - sometime right after thanksgiving, that friday, saturday, or sunday?

Would SMTR be willing to invite its members for us?

Who is interested?

thanks for any help!:buddies:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
We are working on getting a benefit trail ride going out at Cremona Farm in Mechanicsville - to benefit Tri-county youth services.:

Great Idea and such a good cause!

working on a date - sometime right after thanksgiving, that friday, saturday, or sunday? :

This weekend is opening hunt for Deer hunting.

The schedule is:
November 15th......Jr Hunt, Firearm
November 29th-December 13.........Firearm
November 30th.......Sunday hunting....Firearm
December 20-January 3rd........muzzleloader

Maybe you can move it forward 1 weekend.

Would SMTR be willing to invite its members for us? :

When you get the date worked out let me know and I will have it added to our newsletter.....Also we could ask Happyappy to put it on our website.

Who is interested?

Let me know what you need help with..I'll be there!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
We are working on getting a benefit trail ride going out at Cremona Farm in Mechanicsville - to benefit Tri-county youth services.

working on a date - sometime right after thanksgiving, that friday, saturday, or sunday?

Who is interested?

I can help also. Hey the first trail ride that I can hack to:dye:

Duckz

Cremona is on private land, would deer hunting be a problem?

I could make that Sunday. I would think a lot of people would be out of town for Thanksgiving though.

Sparks

I could probably do that sunday after Thanksgiving as well, but if that day is open for hunting, well, is that safe?

Sometimes people will hunt the fringes of their/your farm. So that could mean the farms surrounding cremona. Although I'm not familiar with that area. Hunters can get quite pissy when people riding disrupt their hunt.

2baymares

Who is interested?

GREAT!!! I'LL GO!!!!
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

devinej

yay!! thanks for the help - i'll research about the hunting issue, but it is a private no-hunting farm, 1500 acres of it. lots and lots and lots of space to ride.

sounds like sunday is the most popular day?

thanks happyappy and perci! i'll post more info when i get it

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
yay!! thanks for the help - i'll research about the hunting issue, but it is a private no-hunting farm, 1500 acres of it. lots and lots and lots of space to ride.

sounds like sunday is the most popular day?

thanks happyappy and perci! i'll post more info when i get it

Sunday there is No Hunting unless you are hunting on your own property. We could always dress ourselves and our horses in Orange. :yahoo: Hubby said there are a few Sundays that you can hunt. He will check on it.

devinej

So SMTR people - gotta question - do you have insurance to cover your rides? how does that work?

also, how does the sunday before thanksgiving sound? i think that's the 23rd

R

remaxrealtor

PLEASE be CAREFUL! I've seen plenty of people hunting when and where they shouldn't be!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Hi Devine!
SMTR can't use this ride as a club event, like this I don't think - it has to be voted on etc., but i can for sure put it on the website.

Last edited:

devinej

cool thanks happy appy! i'll send this info to cremona people and see what they say. may be interested in that true grit ride - what date would you suggest for that ride? it may be that if this goes well cremona would host rides yearly for smtr, sounds interesting!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!

BrookValley

PLEASE be CAREFUL! I've seen plenty of people hunting when and where they shouldn't be!

Yeah that. There are plenty of responsible, respectful hunters around, but it only takes one jerk taking a sound shot to get someone hurt. Private land doesn't necessarily mean anything to someone like that, either. I would think the weekend before opening day would be a bit safer choice.

I think I'd like to do a trail ride at Cremona--it's really close to me! And now that I survived the hunter pace at AMIT and know that the beast mare won't try to kill me on a trail (if I'm trotting the whole way) I think I might like to do more trail rides!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Why did SMTR quit having the True Grit ride at the lake? It always had a good turn out...

Oh and the ride that is scheduled on base. How are you working that for non base peeps? Where are they having it? Back Gate? There isn't a lot of trail for riding on base. Reason I say that is I worked for the stables back in the day and you can only ride in a certain areas.:popcorn:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Why did SMTR quit having the True Grit ride at the lake? It always had a good turn out...

Oh and the ride that is scheduled on base. How are you working that for non base peeps? Where are they having it? Back Gate? There isn't a lot of trail for riding on base. Reason I say that is I worked for the stables back in the day and you can only ride in a certain areas.:popcorn:
1) Because we did the Scavenger Hunt ride at the Lake to make it something more to offer from a place peeps can ride for FREE - all they want.

2) We generally don't do 2 rides in one year in the same place. We plan the rides a year in advance, and left the True Grit ride as a TBD back in Dec/Jan/Feb.

The turnout happened to be good because the weather was GREAT the last 2 years. When we looked at it historically, it wasn't always a good turnout, it had ups and down, we assumed were based on the weather. it IS the True Grit ride, those with TRUE GRIT would ride it no matter what the weather...

Apparantly there is too much fuss about advance notification of who is attending etc. for the base ride, so it won't happen. That wasn't suppose to be posted in the newsletter, it was something we were talking about not a done deal.

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
1) Because we did the Scavenger Hunt ride at the Lake - don't do 2 rides in one year in the same place.
2) Peeps can ride it for FREE all they want.

We told Paso to find some private land to host a ride for it, if she could, and got no response. We offered you the ride at Maxwell Hall and you said no.

The turnout happened to be good because the weather was GREAT the last 2 years. When we looked at it historically, it wasn't always a good turnout, it had ups and down, we assumed were based on the weather. it IS the True Grit ride.

Apparantly there is too much fuss about advance notification of who is attending etc. for the base ride, so it won't happen. That wasn't suppose to be posted in the newsletter, it was something we were talking about not a done deal.

OK Ok don't get your panties in an up roar..Just asked....:coffee:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We're really looking for private land to ride so the club can have something different to offer our members.

We're also trying to reward land owners for allowing us to do it, by a good ride split, so the better the turnout, the more the split for the hosting folks, it's all good.