Interesting...13 y/o female "caught" smoking weed in school

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mrweb said:
Could be bs but when she said she was innocent, she looked down and to the right which, in the law enforcement community, is an indicator that the person may not be telling the truth. I found this to be pretty accurate back in my Fed days.

:rolleyes: She's backing her lie up with not one, but two tests. Give the eye psychology a break.

Ponytail

mrweb said:
Could be bs but when she said she was innocent, she looked down and to the right which, in the law enforcement community, is an indicator that the person may not be telling the truth. I found this to be pretty accurate back in my Fed days.

:yay: I noticed that too. I could go either way on that one. Sounds like the father is trying to take responsibility and get to the bottom of it, just the way the school is handling it with him seems fishy. However guilty she may or may not be, sounds like pure heresy right now.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ponytail said:
:yay: I noticed that too. I could go either way on that one.

Some people just have trouble making eye contact. I find it extremely annoying, but it doesn't mean the person is not telling the truth.

Ponytail

elaine said:
Some people just have trouble making eye contact. I find it extremely annoying, but it doesn't mean the person is not telling the truth.

I was REALLY bad with that when I was younger. I mean with the eye contact thing, not the weed thing.

mrweb

Iron City
elaine said:
Agreed, it was just a small part of the whole picture when I was conducting interrogations.

...and thanks for the unsigned red, geeze, can't a person post without someone getting their panties in a wad.

oldman

Lobster Land
mrweb said:

And what would it suggest if she looked down and to the left? Just curious. You did clarify by saying "Could be bs" and I understand your initial reaction. I had to take lie detector exams for over 30 years and I can't remember ever flying through any of them. I never lied but I was nervous as HEdoubleL and that always got the testers attention. Suppose we could all agree indicators are only that and nothing more until all the indicators are added up or an interviewer or tester just gets a feeling. They do have a job to do and naturally they want to be able to find the "guilty". It always looks good in their record.

W

Wenchy

mrweb said:

I would be nervous as hell being on camera. My eyes would probably be flying in all directions, my voice would quake, and I might even cry.

I tried to download the video, but my AOL tanked.

mrweb

Iron City
oldman said:
And what would it suggest if she looked down and to the left? Just curious. You did clarify by saying "Could be bs" and I understand your initial reaction. I had to take lie detector exams for over 30 years and I can't remember ever flying through any of them. I never lied but I was nervous as HEdoubleL and that always got the testers attention. Suppose we could all agree indicators are only that and nothing more until all the indicators are added up or an interviewer or tester just gets a feeling. They do have a job to do and naturally they want to be able to find the "guilty". It always looks good in their record.
I was an investigator for 20 years. The few times I relied on the "look down" response was with 3 child molesters (along with a plethera of drug dealers). All three child molesters eventually confessed because of their responses to my questions, again, just a peice of the puzzle trying to elicit the truth from a suspect. By the way, I would never submit to a polygraph as a crime suspect, the results are up to the operator.

oldman

Lobster Land
mrweb said:
I was an investigator for 20 years. The few times I relied on the "look down" response was with 3 child molesters (along with a plethera of drug dealers). All three child molesters eventually confessed because of their responses to my questions, again, just a peice of the puzzle trying to elicit the truth from a suspect. By the way, I would never submit to a polygraph as a crime suspect, the results are up to the operator.

Your a good man mrweb and thanks for getting rid of some real criminals. Must have been some exciting work and a great feeling to put them away. As for your comment "the results are up to the operator", you understand why I was always nervous at taking a polygraph test. Some administrators would intentially tell you you goofed and they needed to start over. Heck, my nerves were already shot and he/she tells me I goofed. Luckily I passed them all but it was never any fun. But like you said, tools are positive things for those looking for the guilty.

Warron

Weezy said:
Damn they got home drug test, good idea for parents

I was watching myth busters a while ago, and they did the old poppy seed test on several of those home drug tests. Just one poppy seed roll caused every test to show drugs. Some up to 24 hours after eating it. Considering how common poppy seeds are on baked goods, along with any other common items that could cause false positives, I not sure I would take the 99% accuracy too seriously.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/poppyseed.asp