Interesting Civics stuff #2...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
"...a search warrant AND prior notification AND permission of the House majority AND minority leadership."

That will about cover it.
Prior permission is not and will not be a requisite nor will notifying any of the leaders of Congress. Extend that to them and then the mob and drug dealers will demand the same as that will set a precedent as to how the Executive is allowed to conduct its activities.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How does one...

Ken King said:
Prior permission is not and will not be a requisite nor will notifying any of the leaders of Congress. Extend that to them and then the mob and drug dealers will demand the same as that will set a precedent as to how the Executive is allowed to conduct its activities.

...US dollar sound?

My bet is that the search will be found to be in violation of separation of powers.

Name an arbiter.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...US dollar sound?

My bet is that the search will be found to be in violation of separation of powers.

Name an arbiter.
Bob Barr.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Giving up you say?

Well, let's put it this way; when the floor of my argument is taken out from under me, of my many flaws it is not among them to stand there and pretend it's still there, the floor, as I fall, flailing, Wiley E Coyote style, into the abyss.

I am beaten. I have no argument.

For shits and giggles I could argue that Hastert has NO business surrendering to this OBVIOUS flagrant intrusion of the executive but, as my teammates one by one abandon the rope, I have no need to actually be dragged into the mud pit once I realize the battle is irretrievabley lost.

There is a time to live to fight another day. There is a time to NOT go down with the ship. This is, at root, a Democracy with it's many, many flaws and, while I will argue for principle in principle most of the time, not every hill is worth dying on.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
Well, let's put it this way; when the floor of my argument is taken out from under me, of my many flaws it is not among them to stand there and pretend it's still there, the floor, as I fall, flailing, Wiley E Coyote style, into the abyss.
Great visual.

I am beaten. I have no argument.

For shits and giggles I could argue that Hastert has NO business surrendering to this OBVIOUS flagrant intrusion of the executive but, as my teammates one by one abandon the rope, I have no need to actually be dragged into the mud pit once I realize the battle is irretrievabley lost.
Makes sense.

There is a time to live to fight another day. There is a time to NOT go down with the ship. This is, at root, a Democracy with it's many, many flaws and, while I will argue for principle in principle most of the time, not every hill is worth dying on.
Ooh-Rah.

If only others could see the light.