Interesting rescue: Humming Bird...

I

Inkpen

Pick up this gal yesterday afternoon.
She has pine pitch on her right wing.
Not much I can do for this gal...but I do know a rehabber who can.
So tomorrow she goes for a 4 hours drive to have a special dry chemical applied to her wing...and in a few days she should be as good as new.
She is in a small container with a 6cc syringe full of necter...and it took her a nono-second to figure it out!!!
If all goes well, she will be returned to her home range and be released there!!

If you look at her lower wing and see the white stuff...that is the pine pitch keeping her primary feathers stuck together and she can not fly.

Attachments

• Hummer bad wingS.JPG
    Hummer bad wingS.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 165
M

Mousebaby

Pick up this gal yesterday afternoon.
She has pine pitch on her right wing.
Not much I can do for this gal...but I do know a rehabber who can.
So tomorrow she goes for a 4 hours drive to have a special dry chemical applied to her wing...and in a few days she should be as good as new.
She is in a small container with a 6cc syringe full of necter...and it took her a nono-second to figure it out!!!
If all goes well, she will be returned to her home range and be released there!!

If you look at her lower wing and see the white stuff...that is the pine pitch keeping her primary feathers stuck together and she can not fly.

Oh she is so cute, I know she is not much bigger than a man's thumb. Wow what an interesting animal to be fortunate enough to be able to take care of!