Interesting

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Bruce Springsteen's daughter, Jessica Springsteen, won the Grand Junior Hunter Champions at the Washington International Horse Show. Anyways, I thought it was interesting, lol.
Article

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Bruce Springsteen's daughter, Jessica Springsteen, won the Grand Junior Hunter Champions at the Washington International Horse Show. Anyways, I thought it was interesting, lol.
Article

Jessica Springsteen really is a good effective rider. When Devine, Sadie, and myself audited the GM Horsemastership clinic in Wellington, FL this past January she was very impressive. You can see why she won the McClay Finals in 08'. Her Mom Patti and Dad Bruce came 3 out of the 5 days to watch. He was snapping pictures and really seemed to be into her riding.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
How tall are those jumps at the Mclay finals? And what is it exactly, a Hunter Derby?
YouTube - Jessica Springsteen Round Maclay 2008

McClay Finals is one of the Big Four Equitation Finals to win. Many of the winners have gone one to have Big careers in the Horse World or become Grand Prix Riders or Olympians. USET Talent Search, Hunt Seat Medal Finals, WIHS Eq. Finals, and the McClay. The course is 3'6" and very technical.

A Hunter Derby is something the USHJA is promoting. They are trying to bring the Hunter of Old back to the show ring. Combining what you see in the upper level Hunter Ring with the type of jumps and situations you would get in the hunt field. It's not your typical Line, Diagonal, Line, Diagonal course. Here is a link to USHJA. USHJA - ASG Software Solutions / USHJA International Hunter Derby Series

This is a good video on Hunter Derby. Equis Productions - USHJA HUNTER DERBY - Gulfport Winter Wk IV 2008

Last edited: