interesting!

BuddyLee

Football addict
interesting info!!

if we could shrink the earths population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following:

57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans
52 would be female
48 would be male
70 would be non-white
30 would be white
70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian
89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual
6 people would possess 59% of the entire worlds wealth and all 6 would be from the U.S.
80 would live in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth
1 (yes only 1) would have a college education
1 would own a computer

more info

if you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

if you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this world.

if you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace...you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

:burning:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Interest data, BL. What's your souce?

If it all bears out it puts new perspective on our lives, doesn't it? We all feel relatively poor from time to time (bills, want the next toy, whatever) but stuff like this makes us realize how well off (or blessed, for a guy like me) that we really are.

Thanks, I needed that after a tough day.:biggrin:

BuddyLee

Football addict
no problem

no problem tlatchaw

i got this from my sociology teacher i will see what source she used and let you know asap!

BuddyLee

Football addict
bogus

i just went to the source of this information and found a link that tells that this information is close but not fully accurate. it seems that this piece of information is nothing but an urban legend. lol. the point is the information is close but not exact! go to this website to see the real information and more about the hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/populate.htm

BuddyLee

Football addict
lol

im not i just like him out of all the others lol. its a good example of symbolic interaction too. lol. people see that and think im mad or something lol. but most of the time im happy so no worries. lol

BuddyLee

Football addict
lol

hey how did you guess?? lol sike im too young and dont have the time for ROIDS right now lol.

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by Sneezy
buddylee has hemorrhoids

:banghead: Must resist the urge to post anything about fudge or packing...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by Ken King
or pet gerbils.... :killingme

if your climbing up a ladder and you hear something spatter diahrea cha cha cha diahrea.........

Warron

Originally posted by Kain99
I'm Rich - I'm Rich!

Try this site http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Its says I'm the 48,975,722 richest person in the world. 5,951,024,278 people poorer then me, yet I can still barely afford to pay rent in this fricking county.

$850 a year seems to be about the world median income, according to this site.

Christy

b*tch rocket
You are in the top 0.45% richest people in the world.

There are 5,972,967,435 people poorer than you.

How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour's salary
Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 27,032,565 richest person in the world.

They can :biteme: Trying to guilt me into donating. :duh: Probably goes straight into the Rainbow Coalition coffers. :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning:

Warron

I just ignored the donation crap. The estimate was interesting though. Although I am curious as to how accurate it could be.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Warron
I just ignored the donation crap. The estimate was interesting though. Although I am curious as to how accurate it could be.

I imagine it's all hooey.