Interview With WWII P-51 Ace

RPMDAD

LIKE, great Video. See no problem at all with what this pilot did. People parachuting out of planes that were going down in Germany were probably caught and held as POW'S, not a good thing i know, but they were not much of a threat.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
LIKE, great Video. See no problem at all with what this pilot did. People parachuting out of planes that were going down in Germany were probably caught and held as POW'S, not a good thing i know, but they were not much of a threat.

That was pretty much the M. O. of both the German military and civilians until about Jan/Feb 1945 when the US and British staged the over 1,000 bombers and over 200 fighters raids on Berlin. Some of those raids lasted over five - six hours of continuous bombing by all the flights. That became just too much for the civilians, who were killing American and British crew members on the ground, apparently driven insane with anger over the bombings.

This book is the fascinating story of those raids:

http://www.strategypage.com/bookreviews/879.asp

Captured allied bomber POW's were steering their chutes to any German military establishment to avoid the civilians. Even the German military really didn't even try to intervene for fear of their own lives.

Saying all that, I have no problem with this pilot taking care of the enemy pilot for his actions.

Last edited: