Intoxicated Callaway Man Sits in Lawn Chair, Drinking Beers and Watching Camper Burn as Firefighters Arrive

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
On Sunday, April 14, 2019, at approximately 5:00 p.m., firefighters from Valley Lee, and Bay District responded to the area of the Callaway Post Office on Piney Point Road and Quiet Acre Lane in Callaway, for the reported structure fire.

Crews arrived on scene to find a camper fully engulfed on fire.

When the Fire Department arrived, they located the owner sitting in a lawn chair drinking beer and watching the fire. He told firefighters he lit a candle and the trailer accidentally caught on fire.

:killingme :otter:

Bonehead

Not smart if those propane tanks are/were full or not. Of course alcohol turns everyone into superman...

Fidiot never moved from his chair.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The carcass of the camper held up relatively well even as the rest of it was consumed.

Not sure why/how the pile of empty beer cans ended up along side the camper. At least he wasn't littering and throwing them in the woods.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Maybe he had just escaped with his life and his BUD Light and there was nothing else he could do except watch. Looks like the PTSD had already set in.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not smart if those propane tanks are/were full or not. Of course alcohol turns everyone into superman...

Fidiot never moved from his chair.

Dont they have "blowout discs" or something like that to ensure that it's a burn and not a boom? I know, still hazardous, but not bomb dangerous?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ya know, if I were him, I probably would have done the same thing. No sense in running around like a chicken, absolutely nothing I can do about it once the fire took hold, so might as well just sit back and watch the show.

Am I turning into a redneck?
I was thinking the exact same thing.

glhs837

Power with Control
Ya know, if I were him, I probably would have done the same thing. No sense in running around like a chicken, absolutely nothing I can do about it once the fire took hold, so might as well just sit back and watch the show.

Hmmmmmm......

mitzi

True, but he could have at least faked some concern and stood up when the fire trucks arrived. :lmao:

Bonehead

Dont they have "blowout discs" or something like that to ensure that it's a burn and not a boom? I know, still hazardous, but not bomb dangerous?
Yes they do so now you have an instantaneous release of the tank contents with an ignition source. You notice how the FF cooled the tanks first the ripped them away from the fire in the video.