State Police Investigation Continuing Into Baltimore Co. Crash Involving Trooper

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
(PIKESVILLE, MD) – The investigation is continuing into a four-vehicle crash involving a state trooper this morning in Baltimore County.

The trooper is identified as Sergeant George Frazier Jr., 48, who is assigned to the Quartermaster Division. He was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer registered to the Maryland State Police.

The preliminary Maryland State Police investigation indicates Sgt. Frazier was southbound on I-795 at about 7:00 a.m. today, about one-half mile north of I-695. Traffic was stopped in the southbound lanes leading to the outer loop of I-695.

According to the preliminary investigation, Sgt. Frazier failed to stop his vehicle and struck the rear of a 2010 Chevrolet pickup, operated by Michael Becker, 54, of Owings Mills, Md. Becker’s vehicle was forced into the back of a 2017 Honda CRV driven by Brittanie Page, 25, of Arnold, Md. Her vehicle was forced into the back of a 2011 Cadillac SRX driven by Roberta Zeck, 62, of Littlestown, PA.

Mr. Becker was injured and transported by ambulance to Carroll Hospital Center for treatment. Sgt. Frazier was injured and transported later from the Westminster Barrack by ambulance to the same hospital. The other drivers refused any medical treatment at the scene.

Troopers continue to investigate the cause and contributing factors involved in this crash and nothing has been ruled out at this time. Upon completion, the investigation will be presented to the Baltimore County State’s Attorney’s Office for review regarding potential charges.

[ This article originally appeared here ]