Investors Expect Stock Market Gains To Slow Under Biden, New Survey Finds

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden’s tax plan proposes raising capital gains taxes and reinstituting a higher corporate tax rate, according to CNBC. Among those surveyed, about two-thirds still predicted a strong 2021 for the market, as the Biden administration will likely be more focused on economic stimulus and COVID-19 recovery than addressing tax policy. They also predict some industries to outperform others, such as consumer goods, finance, and industrials, according to CNBC.

TPD

the poor dad
Unless something drastic happens in the next 3 days, I am very pleased with the performance of my own portfolio this year - probably the best year I have ever had. I don't see it continuing under a Biden administration.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Unless something drastic happens in the next 3 days, I am very pleased with the performance of my own portfolio this year - probably the best year I have ever had. I don't see it continuing under a Biden administration.
Agree. My IRA will be at an all time high. I was going to give myself a raise this year, but I'll wait until the uncertainty passes.

Reactions: TPD