Iowa caucus screwup is Trump's fault, ya'll

Chris0nllyn

Where did he blame Trump?

Yang has run as a huge proponent of technology and is (or at least appears to be) knowledgeable on technology. He's advocating for the return of the "Office of Technology Assessment", advocates for rules to mainstream cyrptocurrency, blockchain election results, has discussed risks of AI, and is very much in tune with technology in general.

Barabbas

Where did he blame Trump?

When he mentioned the president by saying "it might be helpful to have a president..."

It would appear for all of his proponent-ness of technology, he is unaware that (a) primaries are up to the parties, not the government at all, and (2) [H/T to Paul Reiser] the states run the elections, not the federal government, and (c) none of this is up to the government anyway, since no one is currently running for a government office, they are running for a party nomination.

He should be attacking the DNC, not the president and government. He's just too techy, apparently, to know that.

Chris0nllyn

When he mentioned the president by saying "it might be helpful to have a president..."

It would appear for all of his proponent-ness of technology, he is unaware that (a) primaries are up to the parties, not the government at all, and (2) [H/T to Paul Reiser] the states run the elections, not the federal government, and (c) none of this is up to the government anyway, since no one is currently running for a government office, they are running for a party nomination.

He should be attacking the DNC, not the president and government. He's just too techy, apparently, to know that.

It's more plausible that the only candidate who is pushing technology is using this event to push his own candidacy.

He's saying that if he was President, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. Wishful thinking, obviously, but not everything is a dog whistle for "Trump bad".

Barabbas

It's more plausible that the only candidate who is pushing technology is using this event to push his own candidacy.

He's saying that if he was President, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. Wishful thinking, obviously, but not everything is a dog whistle for "Trump bad".
So, you're saying he DOES believe the president is involved in state primary elections, and he wasn't mentioning the current president when he mentioned the president?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Wait. Isn't the government the 1 that gave us the obamacare website(healthcare.gov)?

The design of the website was overseen by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and built by a number of federal contractors, most prominently CGI Group of Canada. The original budget for CGI was $93.7 million

Office of Inspector General released a report in August 2014 finding that the total cost of the HealthCare.gov website had reached $1.7 billion and a month later, including costs beyond "computer systems," Bloomberg News estimated it at $2.1 billion.

Just a rounding error.

$......93,700,000
$ 2,100,000,000

For those of you that prefer a visual example.

Last edited:

Barabbas

That's pretty clairvoyant.

Now, why would he mention the president in a way that implies we don't have a president that does the things he wants, and yet not be talking about the current president? It MUST be that the current president DOES do the thing he wants, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to believe he was NOT talking about the current president.

Case solved, thank you.

Toxick

Splat
So, you're saying he DOES believe the president is involved in state primary elections, and he wasn't mentioning the current president when he mentioned the president?

Let's break it down another way:

Say you're talking to a girl (I'm presuming you're heterosexual cis-male for the purposes of this analogy) in a club, library, grocery store, boardwalk in Solomons, or online, and she makes a small joke that she's currently unsatisfied.

You know.... sexually.

You respond by saying "If you were my girlfriend, you'd never go unsatisfied".

Are you:

A) Bragging about your own dick size and sexual prowess.
B) Belittling her boyfriend as an impotent needle-dick
C) Some combination of the above.

Chances are C - with much more emphasis on the braggadocio factor.

I hope this puts it into terms you can better understand.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Right, but banging her is something he can actually do with minimal effort. Yang, as President, can't take over the state primaries. Or does he not understand that?

Barabbas

Let's break it down another way:

Say you're talking to a girl (I'm presuming you're heterosexual cis-male for the purposes of this analogy) in a club, library, grocery store, boardwalk in Solomons, or online, and she makes a small joke that she's currently unsatisfied.

You know.... sexually.

You respond by saying "If you were my girlfriend, you'd never go unsatisfied".

Are you:

A) Bragging about your own dick size and sexual prowess.
B) Belittling her boyfriend as an impotent needle-dick
C) Some combination of the above.

I hope this puts it into terms you can better understand.
I fully understood it as "C", but Chris explained it was "A" only.