Iran’s Attempted Theft Of U.S. Navy Drone Boat

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy, or IRGCN, attempted to capture a Saildrone unmanned surface vessel operated by the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet in the Arabian Gulf yesterday. A Navy patrol boat responded to the incident, and the Iranians subsequently released the unmanned craft. However, the attempt nonetheless underscores growing concerns over the threat of capture faced by unmanned vessels.

According to the Navy’s official statement on the matter, the incident occurred at around 11:00 PM local time on August 29 when the service’s 5th Fleet was transiting international waters and observed the IRGCN’s support ship Shahid Baziar. Being towed in its path was the United States’s Saildrone Explorer unmanned surface vessel (USV), which you can read all about here, in what the Navy claims to have been an attempt on the IRGCN’s part to capture the ship.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
You'd think the designers would have planned for this eventuality.

Like unauthorized or forced entry causes a meltdown of all tech on board rendering everything useless.

Or a great big countdown clock slowly ticking to zero for the dramatic 'everyone out now!' effect.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
IA
You'd think the designers would have planned for this eventuality.

Like unauthorized or forced entry causes a meltdown of all tech on board rendering everything useless.

Or a great big countdown clock slowly ticking to zero for the dramatic 'everyone out now!' effect.
I'm sure somebody thought of that.. and made it secure to the point of almost being useless to anyone.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
IA

I'm sure somebody thought of that.. and made it secure to the point of almost being useless to anyone.
I'm sure too. That tech has been available for a very long time, ever since computers were used in the military.

glhs837

Power with Control
"Warning, scuttle charges have been armed and will sink this vessel in 30 seconds!!!!!! "

glhs837

Power with Control
Alternatively,

"Countdown in 3.... 2..... <^>"

:jet:
"Warning, every metal surface in this vessel will be charged with high amperage current in 60 seconds. Please exit the vessel before that begins. Tick Tock, Muthereffer"

Then record it and stream it........

WingsOfGold

Still mad about the way that whole deal went down.
Starts in watered down basic, Remember the crew of the Pueblo giving the bastards the finger.
1662479976468.png