Iran shoots down Triton surveillance drone

glhs837

Power with Control

Damn, wonder where it was. Of course we say over the Strait of Hormuz, they say overland. In any case, thats a few millions going down in flames. New bird too, these haven't been active for long, although the demonstrator program has had the early versions around the globe for quite while now.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, Iran says GH, Our side says Triton.

"The United States earlier insisted the US Navy MQ-4C Triton was flying over international waters. "

Oh, wait......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0a817882ea7e

The U.S. Central Command confirmed the incident Thursday but denied the aircraft was in Iranian airspace.

“U.S. Central Command can confirm that a U.S. Navy . . . aircraft was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile system while operating in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz,” a Centcom spokesman, Capt. Bill Urban, said in a statement.

He said the drone, a RQ-4A Global Hawk, was shot down in the early hours of the morning Wednesday.

So it's most likely one of the BAMS-D. Those were not Tritons, but are Navy aircraft......

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Resolved: "Trump's response that it was a mistake made by a stupid person is quite good."

Discuss.

--- End of line (MCP)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
An interesting tack.....he leaves the Iranian leaders a lot of room to de-escalate things. It also sets an interesting trap...if any further Iranian attacks occur, he can simple state "Well..guess I was wrong"..as he issues the orders to destroy their Navy, something we can accomplish in a couple days.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
An interesting tack.....he leaves the Iranian leaders a lot of room to de-escalate things. It also sets an interesting trap...if any further Iranian attacks occur, he can simple state "Well..guess I was wrong"..as he issues the orders to destroy their Navy, something we can accomplish in a couple days.
Exactly.

--- End of line (MCP)

glhs837

Power with Control

Pessemist.... :) Unless the second day is chasing those silly swamring boats around like cockroaches....

officeguy

Exactly.

--- End of line (MCP)

Bbbut he is stupid and reckless, and doesn't know what he is doing, and tries to start a war so he can promote Kushner to general, but Trump, and this clearly benefits the russians.

(just paraphrasing some of my liberal friends)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member