Iran Threatens U.S. With 'Harm and Pain'

rack'm

Jaded
VIENNA, Austria (AP) - Iran threatened the United States with "harm and pain" Wednesday for its role in hauling Tehran before the U.N. Security Council over its disputed nuclear program.

"The United States has the power to cause harm and pain," Iran said a statement meant for delivery at the International Atomic Energy Agency's 35-nation board meeting in Vienna on Iran's refusal to freeze uranium enrichment.

"But the United States is also susceptible to harm and pain. So if that is the path that the U.S. wishes to choose, let the ball roll."

Toxick

Splat
rack'm said:
"But the United States is also susceptible to harm and pain. So if that is the path that the U.S. wishes to choose, let the ball roll."

Uh yeah.

Apparently our "war on terrorism", and failure to find Bin Laden, and Zarqawi et.al. has given the wrong impression.

Fighting "terrorists" is like fighting smoke. Can't really be done effectively, even if you have the mad skillz of Steven Segal, Jackie Chan, Bruce Willis, Jean-Claude Van-Damme, Arnold, and Jet-Li all in one badass package.

On the other hand, fighting a hard-target 3rd world crap-tank like Iran will be like fighting a grade-school bully.

If they wish to "let the ball roll" they will be destroyed.

(then we can take their oil)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's the problem...

...Half the Iranian people live over here and the other half want Iran to be Western.

There is so few actual nut jobs over there but they hold so much power.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, these European countries and the UN tawk-tawk about human rights and what-have-you, but it's just lip service. When it comes time to step up to the plate, remove a fascist regime and make the world a better place, they suddenly have better things to do.

Our Democrats in this country are the exact same way, which is why I'm so hostile toward them. They are very upset that some terrorist at Gitmo is being force-fed and denied his hunger strike, but they don't give a crap that there are people in other countries who are starving to death, and being beaten and tortured.

They howl that George Bush is a dictator and Hitler and whatever, but close their eyes when confronted with a REAL dictator. And, in the case of Castro, sometimes they'll even kneel down before the dictator and praise him. They scream their heads off at the thought of George Bush actually praying (oh, the humanity :drama: ) but it doesn't disturb them in the least that Iran and other Islamic countries are ruled by religious zealots who would like to rule us as well.

The whole Democratic party is a study in cognitive dissonance.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The dirty secret...

vraiblonde said:
Our Democrats in this country are the exact same way, which is why I'm so hostile toward them. They are very upset that some terrorist at Gitmo is being force-fed and denied his hunger strike, but they don't give a crap that there are people in other countries who are starving to death, and being beaten and tortured. .

...is, when you can get a Democrat to actually face it, is racism.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for a person who claims to be a LIBERAL to oppose a war of LIBERATION.

We removed a dictator and are fostering DEMOCRACY.

Women are gaining rights.

Minorities are gaining rights.

How in the HELL could a liberal be against that in any way, shape or form?

What they are saying is that if Iraqi's don't have democracy and constitutional law with individual rights it's because THOSE people don't want or deserve it.

To imply not wanting freedom is insane. So, they don't deserve it.

Kerad

vraiblonde said:
You know, these European countries and the UN tawk-tawk about human rights and what-have-you, but it's just lip service. When it comes time to step up to the plate, remove a fascist regime and make the world a better place, they suddenly have better things to do.

Remember Operation Allied Force? How about Slobodan Milosovich?

Just asking.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh...

Kerad said:
Remember Operation Allied Force? How about Slobodan Milosovich?

Just asking.

...you mean the US led Balkan 'War' that Bill Clinton started right about the time his impeachment hearings got going, the one in Eurpoes back yard where we still have a few thousand troops keeping the Mulsims and Christians apart?

That one?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I get so tired of Middle East posturing. Terrorists are cowards or those that cowardly countries hide behind. If a country wants war with the US, step up and declare it. Have the guts and conviction to fight the right way. No more of the "I'm a gonna" chat, no more of the small groups :poke: with little attacks. Do it the old fashioned way. Otherwise they need to shut up.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Toxick said:
Fighting "terrorists" is like fighting smoke. Can't really be done effectively, even if you have the mad skillz of Steven Segal, Jackie Chan, Bruce Willis, Jean-Claude Van-Damme, Arnold, and Jet-Li all in one badass package.
Chuck Norris could get the job done. :coffee:

rack'm

Jaded
bresamil said:
I get so tired of Middle East posturing. Terrorists are cowards or those that cowardly countries hide behind. If a country wants war with the US, step up and declare it. Have the guts and conviction to fight the right way. No more of the "I'm a gonna" chat, no more of the small groups :poke: with little attacks. Do it the old fashioned way. Otherwise they need to shut up.

They know they can’t win that way and terrorism is practically impossible to defeat…….by means of the Geneva convention. :ohwell:

Vince

vraiblonde said:

Our Democrats in this country are the exact same way, which is why I'm so hostile toward them. They are very upset that some terrorist at Gitmo is being force-fed and denied his hunger strike, but they don't give a crap that there are people in other countries who are starving to death, and being beaten and tortured.

They howl that George Bush is a dictator and Hitler and whatever, but close their eyes when confronted with a REAL dictator. And, in the case of Castro, sometimes they'll even kneel down before the dictator and praise him. They scream their heads off at the thought of George Bush actually praying (oh, the humanity :drama: ) but it doesn't disturb them in the least that Iran and other Islamic countries are ruled by religious zealots who would like to rule us as well.

The whole Democratic party is a study in cognitive dissonance.
:yeahthat: Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let's dance :getdown:

(This song is from 1980, to show you how long this has been going on with these people.)

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
Let's dance :getdown:

(This song is from 1980, to show you how long this has been going on with these people.)

Haven't downloaded but lemme guess:

Barbara Ann: Beach boys?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Toxick said:
Uh yeah.

Apparently our "war on terrorism", and failure to find Bin Laden, and Zarqawi et.al. has given the wrong impression.

On the other hand, fighting a hard-target 3rd world crap-tank like Iran will be like fighting a grade-school bully.

If they wish to "let the ball roll" they will be destroyed.

(then we can take their oil)

I think we'll find out where the WMD's are then.