Iraqis seek aid without crosses

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
Story in this mornings Times:

The president of the Iraqi Red Crescent has urged the International Committee of the Red Cross to stop sending aid marked with red crosses after the internationally protected symbol almost cost four staffers their lives.
Two truck drivers and two volunteers were delivering water and medicine to the city of Haditha four weeks ago when they were captured by insurgents, said Said Hakki, a neurology professor who returned from Florida last year to take charge of Iraqi relief operations.
"They were seized by a terrorist group who threatened to behead them because they thought the crosses on the water and food containers meant the men were Christian missionaries," said Mr. Hakki, who made his plea during a visit last week to ICRC headquarters in Geneva.

This must be that Religion of Peace I keep hearing so much about. It's so much more civilized to saw off someone's head while they are screaming that to tolerate the existence of FREE water and FREE food with an "Internationally Protected" symbol on it.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
rack'm said:
They need to just Nuke the whole region and be done with it.
Using that area as a nuke testing zone would certainly save a whole lot of money currently being spent on the National Labs to try to simulate the results on computers!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
wmburdette said:
This must be that Religion of Peace I keep hearing so much about.
Wait a minute - that's not fair. It's the terrorists that are doing this, not the normal Iraqis. Let's not paint them all with the fanatic brush just because of the extreme branch of their religion.

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
Wait a minute - that's not fair. It's the terrorists that are doing this, not the normal Iraqis. Let's not paint them all with the fanatic brush just because of the extreme branch of their religion.

Let Allah sort them out.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
vraiblonde said:
Deep down I want to think that should be the right way to look at it but until I hear everyday Islamists denouncing the extremists and the Mosques (or some other organizational unit) expelling these people I can't help but think that they are condoning that action.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Hello.
Qur'an
[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
Anyone who is not a Muslim is an unbeliever.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
vraiblonde said:
Thank you Vrai, I was hoping someone would point that out.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
2ndAmendment said:
Hello.
Anyone who is not a Muslim is an unbeliever.
Anyone who is not a Christian is an unbeliever too. Are you saying we should ostricize all the muslim men and women serving in our military because of thier faith?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Bustem' Down said:
Anyone who is not a Christian is an unbeliever too. Are you saying we should ostricize all the muslim men and women serving in our military because of thier faith?

I think you missed his point. If I may take a stab at it 2A:

There are some extreme Muslims taking the verse from the Q'ran to mean that they have a license to slay anyone not of their faith.

I don't believe 2A said anything about persecuting/ostricizing Muslims of any nationality.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
wmburdette said:
Deep down I want to think that should be the right way to look at it but until I hear everyday Islamists denouncing the extremists and the Mosques (or some other organizational unit) expelling these people I can't help but think that they are condoning that action.

I understand your position and agree to some extent. But I wonder if you have talked with any Muslims you may know about this. Personally I have a hard time reconciling what I know that some are doing in the name of Islam with the Muslims that I know personally. The ones I have discussed this with are sensitive to the fact that these radicals have hijacked a religion that once had a good name.

rack'm

Jaded
tlatchaw said:
I understand your position and agree to some extent. But I wonder if you have talked with any Muslims you may know about this. Personally I have a hard time reconciling what I know that some are doing in the name of Islam with the Muslims that I know personally. The ones I have discussed this with are sensitive to the fact that these radicals have hijacked a religion that once had a good name.

I personally know several Muslims and they are a very peaceful people, but since we can't see into the hearts of the radicals to kill them specifically, we need to bomb them into submission.

That region has been at war for centuries and the only thing they seem to understand is total domination, hence why a dictator kept the area semi stable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
rack'm said:
That region has been at war for centuries and the only thing they seem to understand is total domination, hence why a dictator kept the area semi stable.
I agree with that to some extent, but you could also apply that to the US. Wouldn't we be more "stable" if we were ruled by a dictator who killed people with dissenting opinions? Granted, we don't have suicide bombers, but that's because people over here have something to live for. Over there they might as well kill themselves - no money, no food, ruled by tyrants and terrorists, then told it will get better if they die for Allah. No wonder they blow themselves up.

rack'm

Jaded
vraiblonde said:
I agree with that to some extent, but you could also apply that to the US. Wouldn't we be more "stable" if we were ruled by a dictator who killed people with dissenting opinions? Granted, we don't have suicide bombers, but that's because people over here have something to live for. Over there they might as well kill themselves - no money, no food, ruled by tyrants and terrorists, then told it will get better if they die for Allah. No wonder they blow themselves up.

The US seems to be inhabited by people who aren't out of their ever loving minds. The Middle East may as well be Southeast DC’s worst of the worst times a billion.

I’ll never understand why the good people over there don’t take out the maggots that they live around…….it would seem that they out number the maggots.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Very true Vrai, that is exactly what my boss (a Muslim from Morocco) says all the time.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
Duh. The "unbeliever" was in reference to the quote from the Qur'an. The Qur'an, the holy book of Muslims, instructs Muslims to kill non-Muslims. That is what I was pointing out. Clearer now? Ding. Frys are done.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
tlatchaw said:
I think you missed his point. If I may take a stab at it 2A:

There are some extreme Muslims taking the verse from the Q'ran to mean that they have a license to slay anyone not of their faith.

I don't believe 2A said anything about persecuting/ostricizing Muslims of any nationality.
:yay:

I, as a Christian, do not want to persecute anyone. I will defend myself and my family and my country, but I am not going to jump some Muslim just because they are walking down the street. Now if they are going down the street with an AK-47 taking shots at the neighborhood, then they will be in my cross hairs.