Iraq's Wants The US To Pull Out

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've been saying for decades that when left to kill each other they'll tend to leave the rest of the world alone.

:yay:

Reactions: BOP

BOP

Yeah, despite the lefties claiming that we're in it for the perpetuity because Trump, I'd say conservatives are nearly unanimous on our aversion to never-ending war.

SamSpade

1. It's non-binding.
  2. The prime minister is an acting prime minister, being threatened and may not represent the people.
  3. We just have around 5000 troops - so what difference would it make?

Even if made official - it would take up to a year. Enough time for Iran to stick their feet in their mouths - again.

THIS is what concerns me -

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/03/...o0SaKpqHO71I4H9Rv2lLp8jyp1JS-ReOWOMMdsGPH8HGc

Oh yeah. Fixed it. That's why they were our FRIENDS until a couple weeks ago.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, what we're not being told (by our propagandist media) is that only about half of the Iraqi parliament even showed up to vote. The Sunnis and Kurds were absent. So, is this a real vote or just a show vote?

SamSpade

Well, what we're not being told (by our propagandist media) is that only about half of the Iraqi parliament even showed up to vote. The Sunnis and Kurds were absent. So, is this a real vote or just a show vote?

Was THAT vote unanimous?

Honestly, we've been there long enough. If they can't see fit to defend their own nation, it's on their heads.
It's coming up to 17 years. When they actually support the actions of Iranian militias inside their own borders, they need to see what it's like without us. But I'm slightly unpersuaded that this is what the nation wants.

Hijinx

My question is if we pull out does Iraq become an Annex of Iran?
It appears to me that the Iraqui's want to be led by the Iranians.
While the Iranians want to use Iraq to prop up their failing regime that is being hurt by sanctions.
Do the Iraqui people really want to be run by the Ayatollah who has sent Iran back to the 11th. century?

stgislander

PREMO Member
My question is if we pull out does Iraq become an Annex of Iran?
It appears to me that the Iraqui's want to be led by the Iranians.
While the Iranians want to use Iraq to prop up their failing regime that is being hurt by sanctions.
Do the Iraqui people really want to be run by the Ayatollah who has sent Iran back to the 11th. century?
The Shias... maybe. The Sunnis and Kurds... definitely not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think we should ... let them kill each other .....

Change My Mind :razz:

It's kind of like Nazi Germany: supposedly we're trying to keep Iran from spreading out and taking over other countries. The leaders are all in cahoots; it's the people who suffer. But I'll be honest, not a single one of those savages is worth one drop of American blood. Some little crying girl used as propaganda to tweak us into "saving" her? Yeah, eff that kid. Our kids are more important.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Either kill them by the millions, until they lose the will or there are not enough left to fight ... these people ONLY Understand RAW NAKED POWER, a boot on their necks ...... they have lived for centuries under authoritarian rule

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Either kill them by the millions, until they lose the will or there are not enough left to fight

And I have no real interest in that (unless I'm pissed and blowing off steam). We need to build ourselves up and be a behemoth so that if they screw with us we can beat their asses for them. Other than that I'm not terribly interested in fooling with them.

I'm also not interested in coming to the defense of dumbass countries who appeaseappeaseappease and wake up one morning to find that they've been invaded and their leaders have their heads on pikes. They should have to suffer the consequences of their corruption.

This_person

I think we should ... let them kill each other .....

Change My Mind :razz:
If Iranians want to kill Iraqis and Iraqis want to kill Syrians and Syrians want to kill Qatari's, etc., etc., I'd say in the end we really have no say in what other countries do to each other. That worked really well for us before WWI and WWII, right? Because, in the end, they're all going to go after Israel, who is our ally. They're likely to go after Saudi Arabia, who is our ally.

Then what? We let them kill our allies? Wipe Israel off the map? Where do we get involved? Do we wait for them to become the new Roman empire and control more than they can handle, and fall? What if they don't have Nero as a leader?