Iron Butt Assocoation

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bun Burner Gold, 1500 miles in 24 hours (1559 in 23 hours 29 minutes to be exact) on Thursday of last week, and a Saddle Sore 1000 (1197 mikes in 21 hours) completed last night... my ass is sore, but i think after a nap and some good loving she'll cheer up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Most people who come home from a trip with a really sore ass don't much brag about it....

How many turns you make? One at 750 miles, to turn around and head home?????

I don't get it. Just don't....

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Bun Burner Gold, 1500 miles in 24 hours (1559 in 23 hours 29 minutes to be exact) on Thursday of last week, and a Saddle Sore 1000 (1197 mikes in 21 hours) completed last night... my ass is sore, but i think after a nap and some good loving she'll cheer up.
Welcome home.
Glad to hear that you made it home safe.

Now go and cut the F'ing grass.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
:smack: I am so glad you made it home safely. :love:
Most people who come home from a trip with a really sore ass don't much brag about it....

. His trip consisted of heading to Kansas City, MO, by way of Richmond, Atlanta, Nashville, St. Louis, then KC, by way of a ton of smaller towns. The trip zig-zagged in order to achieve the required number of miles. The trip home was a more direct route.

Welcome home.
Glad to hear that you made it home safe.

Now go and cut the F'ing grass.
. But he doesn't need to cut the grass, since I already did it. I took it off of "his" list, so he could have extra time to rest from his trip. I am nice like that.

I also took the trash to the transfer station, trimmed the hedges, power washed part of the house siding, tried to straighten the garage, took care of the critters, and STILL did my normal tasks that I ordinarily do while going to work. Hear me ROAR!!!!!! :roar:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
But he doesn't need to cut the grass, since I already did it. I took it off of "his" list, so he could have extra time to rest from his trip. I am nice like that.

I also took the trash to the transfer station, trimmed the hedges, power washed part of the house siding, tried to straighten the garage, took care of the critters, and STILL did my normal tasks that I ordinarily do while going to work. Hear me ROAR!!!!!! :roar:

Good Girl.
Now all you need to do is blow him and make him a sammich.

bulldog

Nice job on the rides, Bob. Congratulations.

They may not "get it", but I do.

I did my Saddlesore 1000 last summer by fast tracking it out to Dayton and then taking as many back road twisties as I could find, coming home. Ended up being 1,063 in ~ 21 hours.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Take I-64 through W VA and VA while trying to maintain 70 - 75 MPH average.. THAT is a fun interstate. Never hear anyone mention interstate and twisties in the same sentence.. but there were a lot..

ShyGirl

Take I-64 through W VA and VA while trying to maintain 70 - 75 MPH average.. THAT is a fun interstate. Never hear anyone mention interstate and twisties in the same sentence.. but there were a lot..

Congrats Bob!

If you like riding those roads, the first weekend in May, Romney Cycles in Romney, WV hosts a Camp & Ride for dual sport riders.

They divide into small groups and ride around in that area. Some rides are pavement, some are gravel roads, some are mountain access roads, and some are terrain with streams. One of the local clubs serves food (out of a food cart) where people can grab a bite to eat. People crash in tents or check into the local hotel/motel at night. It is a beautiful area, a great event and you meet a lot of nice people from all over the place. The people that attend are not only Romney Cycles customers. It is open to everyone.

I have woot wooted for different motorcycle shops before, but the staff at Romney Cycles is really a class act. Kevin and Larry are great guys and are really in tune with their riders, understand what they need and go out of their way to provide it. At the receiving end of their generosity, in less than favorable circumstances, I know this for a fact!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

At speed, I'll give you that. MD 100 from 29 to rt 1 is fun if there aren't too many cars. But, I'm sorry. 24 hours of ANYTHING ain't about fun. It's about that Everest thing; because you CAN do it. That makes you crazy. It has to! :evil:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The giant did that once. Why on G-d's green earth anybody would want to do it more than once I have no clue. :confused: