Ironic...

SamSpade

Why are mask wearers still cussing non mask wearers 6 months later?

Shouldn't all the non mask wears be all dead by now?
Got a better one - if most of us have quarantined for MONTHS - why hasn’t it run out of steam by now?

SamSpade

I suppose it would take some time to analyze - but I have this deep nagging suspicion that when all factors are included, we're going to learn that mask-wearing really had a minimal effect. Especially in lieu of the fact that easily one third of EVERY ONE I SEE WEARING ONE leaves their nose exposed. I can only guess they think the nose isn't actually actually connected to the lungs.

But I suspect that masks only delay the inevitable - that eventually the virus penetrates to as much of the population as possible, and population density, overall health and other environmental factors play as big a part as anything. For example, a huge portion of the people in NYC got it AND were staying at home (where I presume the masks came off inside their apartments). But almost all of them share common heating and ventilation systems and without wearing masks at home, it's going to spread ANYWAY.

I think that we're going to learn that - unless a working vaccine stops the virus cold - we're going to have a consistent and stable rate of death in every area of the country which correlates well with THAT geography's population density. And it is only going to be SLOWED. When the dust settles, we'll find most areas have been affected nearly equally.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But I suspect that masks only delay the inevitable -

People die of a great many things that are ' preventable ' drowning, car accidents ...... but we don't wrap up in a bubble because of it

.0047% of the US Population has died from Covid-19

yeah 152,000 is a big number, but compared to 330,000,000 Americans ......

Sweden did not mask up or shut down ..... they survived
The Netherlands is refusing categorically stating there is no justification for any shut down or mask wearing

Dutch government won't require face masks over lack of 'proven effectiveness'

PsyOps

Pixelated
I suppose it would take some time to analyze - but I have this deep nagging suspicion that when all factors are included, we're going to learn that mask-wearing really had a minimal effect.

It's a virus. You touch things that have the virus, then touch yourself (particularly on the face), you're likely to catch the virus. A mask does nothing to prevent that. Nature has a way of getting around our efforts to prevent/stifle it. That's why God/nature gave humans an immune system - to be infected with viruses to build an immunity against it. That's our defense mechanism. These doctors and immunologists are attempting to create some sort of sterile environment, where no one gets sick. Fauci even said as much, when he said that he thinks we should wears masks and face shields all the time, even to prevent the flu. Someone of his smarts should know that putting up physical barriers can't stop nature from finding a way in. Again, we have a built-in defense mechanism to fight these things. While being sick is uncomfortable, I want to be exposed to these viruses to build up an immunity to it. So, I'd prefer people like Fauci stop telling me that the only way to stay healthy is to create a sterile environment.

The other major factor in being able to fight these things off is to have a healthy lifestyle. Stop smoking. Stop eating shitty foods at every meal. Stop drinking excessively. Exercise. Get dirty when you play, even as an adult. Through these things your body will build a strong defense against disease.

Another factor is - THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES IN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will get sick. If you are healthy, you will beat it. You will one day die from something. We are in the freest country in the world. Live that freedom every day until you, one day catch something, and die. Stop being feared into believing you're going to catch something and killed by it, thus being convinced by these 'protector of our health' are going to save us from our own demise. Die on your own terms, not the government's.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Let's talk about the eyes and those of us that wear contacts. Scuttebutt says you can get it via your eyes. I haven't been sick since last November, not COVID, just a regular cold. I've been teleworking since March, but have traveled to MASS 3 times already and will again tomorrow. First 2 trips we drove, the latter two, flight. I was already a homebody, so it hasn't prevented me from going out to large gatherings for the most part. I only wear a mask, covering my nose and mouth, inside stores that require it. I don't wear one in my home or outside, because that's just plain stupid.

So, back to contacts and face-touching. That means I am literally touching my eyes at least twice a day. I was already a regular handwasher. So, do the contacts "block" my eyes from catching it? I do know that they saved my eye from a direct hit when frying bacon once.

Thoughts?

Hijinx

Many people who do not cover their nose with the mask wear glasses. The glasses fog up so bad they can't see when they cover their nose. I only wear the mask when I am forced to, otherwise I don't.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Let's talk about the eyes and those of us that wear contacts. Scuttebutt says you can get it via your eyes. I haven't been sick since last November, not COVID, just a regular cold. I've been teleworking since March, but have traveled to MASS 3 times already and will again tomorrow. First 2 trips we drove, the latter two, flight. I was already a homebody, so it hasn't prevented me from going out to large gatherings for the most part. I only wear a mask, covering my nose and mouth, inside stores that require it. I don't wear one in my home or outside, because that's just plain stupid.

So, back to contacts and face-touching. That means I am literally touching my eyes at least twice a day. I was already a regular handwasher. So, do the contacts "block" my eyes from catching it? I do know that they saved my eye from a direct hit when frying bacon once.

Thoughts?
No one?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't wear contacts anymore. They say don't touch your face - well - that's nearly impossible to do! I have slight allergies all the time, and there is no way I have not touched my face or had contact in some way since March. Eyes, nose, mouth - no way!

I guess if I'm getting Covid - then I'm going to get it! :lol: