Irrational exuberance thread #3,639,218...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

My God, it was great to see them playing again!!!

I am happy Joe is gone. I am.
I am happy Brunell is gone.
I am happy Lloyd is gone.
I am happy Williams is gone.
I am happy that Vinny has an official title.
I am happy the Bengals didn't stick us with Chad Johnson.

It's starting to look and feel like a football team instead of Dan's kitchen table social engineering project/wet dream.

Pete

Repete
It did seem like a diferent team didn't it? :lol:

Colt Brennan was sending a message. "Don't forget about me!"

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Young gun slinger QB !?!? NEVER would have happened with Joe (no disrespect) at the controls. It's just pre season, but it was good to see SUCCESSFUL (!) blitzes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
'Free wheeling'...

...and Joe Gibbs are not often associated.

The simple fact is that this is what the NFL is today; free wheeling. The Patriots and Colts use the pass to set up the run and they don't much worry about how many points they need and their defenses benefit greatly from always working with a lead and the other guy having to open things up which plays into the smaller, faster (other than the middle of the d line) defenses of today.

The last Superbowl was a throw back game that proved the old axiom that ball ball control and defense wins championships but, damn, the Giants put in an heroic, for the ages defensive effort.

For the most part, you gotta score points. Early and often. Even in Gibbs heyday, if we all recall, a Redskins trademark was scoring on the first possession, even if just a field goal. It changes everything your way and helps the defenses greatly.

DuffMan

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

My God, it was great to see them playing again!!!

I am happy Joe is gone. I am.
I am happy Brunell is gone.
I am happy Lloyd is gone.
I am happy Williams is gone.
I am happy that Vinny has an official title.
I am happy the Bengals didn't stick us with Chad Johnson.

It's starting to look and feel like a football team instead of Dan's kitchen table social engineering project/wet dream.

Man all you Skins fans are the same, you win one PRESEASON game and you think you have the best team in the league. Indy has half its starters hurt and if this was a regular season game the score would have been the other way around! :lalala:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is...

Man all you Skins fans are the same, you win one PRESEASON game and you think you have the best team in the league. Indy has half its starters hurt and if this was a regular season game the score would have been the other way around! :lalala:

...my opinion that, even if only briefly, you HAD to notice the title of the thread to even get this far.

Go AWAY.

:lmao:

T

toppick08

In the famous words of Allen Iverson............"It's practice man,... practice"

:running:

DuffMan

...my opinion that, even if only briefly, you HAD to notice the title of the thread to even get this far.

Go AWAY.

Will with the title of the thread i knew what is was about. I know it was just a matter of time and was waiting for a thread to pop up about it!

DuffMan

I will let you Skins fans have your day, I will not say another word.

It was a pretty good game though!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Half our starters weren't playing either.:wink:

I am really diggin' what I've been reading about Mr. Zorn. He is doing things in a different mannerism. He's adding excitement. He's adding 'ORGANIZATION'. Few penalties the other night, smooth coaching transactions, all players generally excited...even the starters that didn't play.

I heard that a certain defensive player spoke to Greg Blache in an un-kosher way. Zorn didn't sit down with the player individually. Instead, he addressed the entire team and spoke about respecting your coaches, your elders. Some vocal leaders of the team were heard saying, "That's right!" during the speech.

He doesn't mess around with his players either. He just called out our two rookie wide-receivers to step it up or get out.:lmao:

I hated to admit it last year but Joe Gibbs had too many coaches and too few decisions in a timely manner. The Buffalo debacle was the epitome of this.

Zorny has a lot of neat and interesting ideas. It's been one pre-season game, let's see what's he's got in a few months.

LateApex

I'd be more concerned with your D's depth.

The Colt's scrubs seemed to move the ball at will on you guys.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'd be more concerned with your D's depth.

The Colt's scrubs seemed to move the ball at will on you guys.
That is because our scrubs were on the feild the entire game too.

The only starters we had out there for a short amount of time were Reed Doughty, Marcus Washington, and Fred Smoot.

The defense we were playing was more of a prevent defense. Stop the big play, keep everything in front of you. This is also a great way to see how quickly your third stringers react and tackle in the open field.

If there is one thing I'm not concerned about its the defense.