- The Popeyes customer who was stabbed to death Monday night has been identified as Kevin Tyrell Davis, a 28-year-old from Oxon Hill
- He was stabbed Monday around 7pm outside a Oxon Hill Popeyes in Maryland
- The man was in line at the chain in the midst of the chicken sandwich craze
- Prince George County Police revealed he entered the restaurant and cut the line
- After cutting, a male suspect confronted him and they exchanged heated words
- Within 15 seconds the two took the confrontation outside and Davis was stabbed
- Responding officers performed life saving measures on Davis but he died from the single stab wound
- Cops are pleading for help in identifying the male suspect who remains at large
- Police Chief Hank Stawinski condemned the attack as 'pointless'
'People are asking how something so pointless could occur,' he added. 'This is pointless, this is disrespectful and that's why I'm asking for the community's help.'
He said the attack took place in front of families and children, adding there was no reason to believe the fight extended beyond the restaurant.