Is a Second Civil War Coming?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We may now be near a point comparable to 1860. Modern Democrats hate President Trump as much as the Democrats of old hated President Lincoln. Democrats repudiated Lincoln for opposing slavery, and modern Democratic leaders are repudiating Lincoln's belief that the government is of the people, for the people, and by the people. Then as now, Democrats are on the wrong side of history.

The average conservative and the average liberal disagree on the vast majority of the issues, and in the few cases where they can agree, each won't support the other out of sheer tribalism for his side. Since Democrats can't win the argument with reason and facts, they try to intimidate us into silence. While Trump is their focus, we should know that the loathing is really against normal everyday Americans.

The Constitution plays a central role in the disagreement. On the right are those who believe in its use as a restraint on government that can be altered only by a broad consensus through the amendment process. Conservatives believe that natural rights are created by God and that government cannot invent or alter them.
On the Left are those who believe in the living Constitution. This is a notion that the document is outdated and should change easily. The main method for doing this would be judicial rulings bypassing Congress and the voters. Basically, they just make it up as they go along.

The Left's reach is broad. Leftists have been able to take over schools and indoctrinate our young people. They have taken over nearly all the news and entertainment media. The conservative side, conversely, has lost in these areas because it never fights back with the ruthlessness of the Left.

SamSpade

I hate spiders - but I leave them alone. They actually serve a useful purpose. But I actually learned this the hard way by
killing every spider around my former home - in the trees, under the eaves, everywhere. I didn't want a spider NEAR
my house. Of course I learned that, without spiders, WORSE things got into my house. The spiders at least minded
their own business.

I can dislike PEOPLE and still leave them alone.
That to me is the bread and butter of "tolerance" and "freedom", two things liberalism is supposed to completely embrace.
We can disagree without being disagreeable.

However - IF it ever came to actual violence, I don't think a civil war between the two sides would last long.
One side is armed, and the other isn't.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It's already here, being fought in our Courts, Congress, and the Executive Branch.
It's being fought in the media.
It's being fought in individual States no geographic symmetry required.
It's being fought against our Religions.
It's being fought by a mercenary force of illegal immigrants.
It's being fought against our Military.
It's being fought between the sexes.
It's being fought between the races.
It's being fought in our Universities and Colleges.
It's being fought in our cities.
It's being fought by class warfare.

I could go on but you get my drift...........

black dog

Free America
It's already here, being fought in our Courts, Congress, and the Executive Branch.

None of those is the Cartridge Box.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.

Nikita Khrushchev

Hijinx

As long as a majority of Americans are working, making money going on vacation and not being hassled by police there will be no civil war.

Ban guns and start confiscations with the Police coming to people's homes and taking their property all bets are off.

black dog

Free America

If you think that is how it’s going to be fought you’re a different kind of stupid.....

This has been going on since the founding of our country, its nothing new. Eventually it will come to the cartridge box, it always does.
History repeats itself.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
We may now be near a point comparable to 1860. Modern Democrats hate President Trump as much as the Democrats of old hated President Lincoln. Democrats repudiated Lincoln for opposing slavery, and modern Democratic leaders are repudiating Lincoln's belief that the government is of the people, for the people, and by the people. Then as now, Democrats are on the wrong side of history.

The average conservative and the average liberal disagree on the vast majority of the issues, and in the few cases where they can agree, each won't support the other out of sheer tribalism for his side. Since Democrats can't win the argument with reason and facts, they try to intimidate us into silence. While Trump is their focus, we should know that the loathing is really against normal everyday Americans.

The Constitution plays a central role in the disagreement. On the right are those who believe in its use as a restraint on government that can be altered only by a broad consensus through the amendment process. Conservatives believe that natural rights are created by God and that government cannot invent or alter them.
On the Left are those who believe in the living Constitution. This is a notion that the document is outdated and should change easily. The main method for doing this would be judicial rulings bypassing Congress and the voters. Basically, they just make it up as they go along.

The Left's reach is broad. Leftists have been able to take over schools and indoctrinate our young people. They have taken over nearly all the news and entertainment media. The conservative side, conversely, has lost in these areas because it never fights back with the ruthlessness of the Left.

This is a weird post by you, but it settles in the support of creating controversy for these forums.

A Democratic president was impeached for adultery, then the next president put us in a never ending war.

Are you honestly suggesting that when a minority of America (he lost by 3 million votes) realizes that not everyone supports someone who behaves like a king, then you say there should be a civil war? And you post practically 40% of the articles here?

This post, like most of your posts, is the graffiti on the sidewalk.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is a weird post by you, but it settles in the support of creating controversy for these forums.

A Democratic president was impeached for adultery, then the next president put us in a never ending war.

Are you honestly suggesting that when a minority of America (he lost by 3 million votes) realizes that not everyone supports someone who behaves like a king, then you say there should be a civil war? And you post practically 40% of the articles here?

Whoa! Someone needs a hug. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are you honestly suggesting that when a minority of America (he lost by 3 million votes) realizes that not everyone supports someone who behaves like a king, then you say there should be a civil war?

Wait, are you suggesting that Trump behaves like a king??

:roflmao:

If he were a king, those prog "news" people calling him a dictator and Hitler wouldn't exist. They would be disappeared. Because that's how dictators do. Trump's not the one trying to shut down dissent in this country.

LtownTaxpayer

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath. It was the same reason he was disbarred.

Every president is elected by a minority of America because not every American citizen eligible to vote does so. He was elected by the legal process that was put in place a long time ago by intelligent people who did not want our country ruled by the large state/large city populations. And he does not behave like a king contrary to you and the news media's reporting. He behaves like a CEO instead of a sniveling career politician who has to check the daily talking points email to know what is supposed to be discussed that day. We get it that you don't care for him. What I find so interesting is all the frothing at the mouth that happened by Hillary, her sycophants, and the media as they postulated that Trump would not accept the election results, and instead they are the ones doing what they imagined would be Trump's response. Even more ridiculous that they are bringing it up regarding 2020. In the words of '44, elections have consequences.

I guess graffiti on the sidewalk is better than what San Francisco is putting on their sidewalks these days.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Clinton was impeached for lying under oath. It was the same reason he was disbarred.

Every president is elected by a minority of America because not every American citizen eligible to vote does so. He was elected by the legal process that was put in place a long time ago by intelligent people who did not want our country ruled by the large state/large city populations. And he does not behave like a king contrary to you and the news media's reporting. He behaves like a CEO instead of a sniveling career politician who has to check the daily talking points email to know what is supposed to be discussed that day. We get it that you don't care for him. What I find so interesting is all the frothing at the mouth that happened by Hillary, her sycophants, and the media as they postulated that Trump would not accept the election results, and instead they are the ones doing what they imagined would be Trump's response. Even more ridiculous that they are bringing it up regarding 2020. In the words of '44, elections have consequences.

I guess graffiti on the sidewalk is better than what San Francisco is putting on their sidewalks these days.

The libprog leapfrogs have a yuge memory problem. That is not a good thing. Your reply was excellente’ (trying to use my knowledge of Spanish). God bless the USA, and go Trump! :patriot:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wait, are you suggesting that Trump behaves like a king??

:roflmao:

If he were a king, those prog "news" people calling him a dictator and Hitler wouldn't exist. They would be disappeared. Because that's how dictators do. Trump's not the one trying to shut down dissent in this country.

You made me think of Obama and this...https://www.bing.com/search?q=emperor+has+no+new+clothes&qs=SC&pq=emporer+has&sk=SC1&sc=8-11&cvid=D9D86930A4184A78A8E643AD42522EB7&FORM=QBLH&sp=2

And, the Clintons; come to think of it.

transporter

So...let's unpack this bullshit...shall we?

Every president is elected by a minority of America because not every American citizen eligible to vote does so.

That is a nice attempt at rationalization...a stupid 3rd grade level attempt...you will fit in nicely on here.

Just to explain the basic process...people who don't vote don't count (you know...like comrade GURPS). Only actual votes count. Trump lost the popular vote.

He was elected by the legal process that was put in place a long time ago by intelligent people who did not want our country ruled by the large state/large city populations.

That is actually true...a majority of votes in just enough states was enough for Trump to win despite having lost the popular vote. The total of the votes in those select states (FL, WI, MI, PA) that gave Trump the win amount to less than 200,000 total votes.

And he does not behave like a king contrary to you and the news media's reporting.

Yeah...he does.

He behaves like a CEO instead of a sniveling career politician who has to check the daily talking points email to know what is supposed to be discussed that day.

Nope. Not in the least. Trump doesn't behave like a CEO because he doesn't know how...because he never has been a CEO. He has been the sole decision maker in a family business. Trump as is on full display each and every day: is a lousy judge of talent, doesn't have the first clue about managing a public corp, can't negotiate, he has no idea how to create a consensus--because he's never needed one before, his business has been run solely by him and his decisions---you know, like a dictator or a king.

We get it that you don't care for him.

The majority of the country doesn't care for him. Most of the world doesn't care for him.

What I find so interesting is all the frothing at the mouth that happened by Hillary, her sycophants, and the media as they postulated that Trump would not accept the election results, and instead they are the ones doing what they imagined would be Trump's response.

Since you seem to have forgotten, Trump is the one who claimed he would not accept results that were not "fair". What defined "fair"...fair to Trump is only when he wins.
Even more ridiculous that they are bringing it up regarding 2020. In the words of '44, elections have consequences.

You are right there too. As a result of the last Presidential election, America is a weaker, less important nation that it was before the election. We treat our friends like enemies and our biggest antagonist like our oldest and dearest friend.

Which has what to do with our inept, incompetent and unfit President???

TCROW

Nope. Not in the least. Trump doesn't behave like a CEO because he doesn't know how...because he never has been a CEO.

Besides that, having a president with a the attributes of a CEO is positively the worst idea ever, yet people have been reciting this dribble for time immemorial.

CEOs and politicians serve completely different ends and they're not compatible with one other. CEOs serve profits and politicians serve people (at least ostensibly; mostly the serve themselves, e.g., Trump). The two must never be confused. There are no commonalities between the two roles.