Is Hollywood truly “out of ideas”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Is Hollywood truly “out of ideas”? A recent episode of Honest Trailers mocking the Disney reboot “Cruella” makes it evidently clear that, yes, Hollywood has truly run out of ideas. In fact, as the episode demonstrates, not only has H0llywood run out of ideas, the industry has now resorted to mining the most insignificant and minuscule of details to create content.

“Since 1999, we’ve had quas-redemptive villain origin stories for Darth Vader, the Joker, Maleficent, the Wizard of Oz, Hannibal Lecter, Nurse Ratched, Norman Bates, Magneto, Saul Goodman, Godzilla, the apes from ‘Planet of the Apes,’ Venom, and the Minions,” the narrator in the episode says before highlighting the next insufferable wave of movies that will follow this undying trend.

Hijinx

The lack of decent movies in the last 20 years is fully apparent.
The few they have made are rare.

Reactions: BOP

Clem72

I kinda liked Cruella. I wouldn't call it a "reboot" unless there is some older version I am unaware of. It has almost nothing to do with any of the Dalmation movies and certainly isn't a reboot of one of them. It's a prequal, but one so far before that story that it doesn't relate except to explain why she become "cruel" and why she dislikes dalmatians (though it's not at all a focus of the movie).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My theroy be dis:

We have watched in real time while the wokesters lose their sense of humor and ability to recognize parody/satire/sarcasm. Those traits are also a component of creativity. The more woke one becomes the less creative they are, thus they no longer have the ability to make movies or write songs or create any other sort of entertainment for the masses.

The Left, as far as I can tell, is fully immersed in politics to the exclusion of everything else. Marxists don't think anything is funny, unless it's their political enemies dying a horrible death or victimizing children - they think that chit is hilarious. How we know is by reading what they say on social media - from politicians to news media folks to celebrities to randos, they collectively are wokescolds casting about for something that pisses them off (when they're not threatening children or actively harming them) and attacking it.

And they are so wrapped around their own axle, so completely cocooned with the like-minded, so absolutely dismissive of anyone outside their hive that they think everyone likes what they like and wants what they want.

Then there is the unfortunate fact that anyone who peeks outside the cult and dares to demonstrate creativity gets attacked by the mob and excoriated for some perceived infraction. (This is a classic characteristic of Marxism, btw. There will be NO individuality.)

These people are a small segment of our society, but unfortunately they have the biggest voices. They own our media and communication, and therefore our pop culture. But the VAST majority of Americans reject them. When someone has 2 million Twitter followers that seems like a lot but then you do some maffs and realize that statistically it's zero. We talk about them because the TV tells us to. If it weren't for Tucker Carlson I would be blissfully unaware that Joy Reid even exists. NO ONE watches her "show" and yet she is cross-promoted on virtually every media outlet.

So Hollywood is not only out of ideas, they've also become so out of touch with the mainstream that they can no longer produce entertainment that will be enjoyable to the masses.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just like the music industry. All the newer songs are using melodies from other true artists older songs and using compression and singers using autotune, even on stage. The current crop of so called artists, do not, or cannot, even play any musical instrument. Not one mainstream artist can create any music on par of bands from the 50's through the 90's. From writing, to creating the sound to work with the lyrics with a variety of instruments, today's twerking and 'stage performers' could not write or create anything comparable to past bands. That's why today's music sucks. No talent "artists", and lazy and greedy promoters looking for the easy dollar.