Is it against the law to tip a mailman cash?

SailorGirl

I looked it up because I'm trying to figure out if $50.00 is too much and it said $20.00 was the limit and it couldn't be cash only a gift worth no more than that. Does anyone else do this? I really want to do something for him - he's gone above and beyond for us so many times and I really think he goes out of his way for Joey. Any suggestions?

SailorGirl

I don't know why but that made me laugh. My plan is just to stick something in the mailbox that's easy to handle and that he could probably use. Nobody really needs pie and I've actually given him a card with $20.00 before - just wondering if $50.00 is too much. I have a tendency to overdo things at times.

L'Town.girl

I don't know why but that made me laugh. My plan is just to stick something in the mailbox that's easy to handle and that he could probably use. Nobody really needs pie and I've actually given him a card with $20.00 before - just wondering if $50.00 is too much. I have a tendency to overdo things at times.
I made me laugh too.

Hank

my war
I looked it up because I'm trying to figure out if $50.00 is too much and it said $20.00 was the limit and it couldn't be cash only a gift worth no more than that. Does anyone else do this? I really want to do something for him - he's gone above and beyond for us so many times and I really think he goes out of his way for Joey. Any suggestions?
I always tip my mailman and ups. Usually get them a gift card.

PeoplesElbow

my mom made fudge or cookies for the mailman every year when she could, the Lexington Park mail men are so bad the only thing I'd consider giving them is a turd.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I don't receive much via USPS and a couple times a month I'll get my neighbors mail mixed in with mine. :ohwell:

SailorGirl

$50 is too much. How about a $20 hammer? It would fit in the box. And I'd think he could use it.
I don't think I've ever known a man that doesn't have a hammer or fifty. Definitely cash but $50's too much in your opinion? I'm kind of leaning that way too (and scraping bottom anyway). I lost two people on my Christmas list from last year and gained three this year.

Last edited:

SailorGirl

I don't receive much via USPS and a couple times a month I'll get my neighbors mail mixed in with mine. :ohwell:
Our mailman is fantastic - seriously. If we get a package - he drives it to our front door and it pretty much always will fit in the box. He's done that for years now and I'm ashamed of myself that I've forgotten him year after year.

SailorGirl

my mom made fudge or cookies for the mailman every year when she could, the Lexington Park mail men are so bad the only thing I'd consider giving them is a turd.
I only do that for people I don't care about. I make horrible cookies and I'm betting my fudge is worse.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Our mailman is fantastic - seriously. If we get a package - he drives it to our front door and it pretty much always will fit in the box. He's done that for years now and I'm ashamed of myself that I've forgotten him year after year.
If I get a package, it's usually on the front step for several days before I find it. I have a private entrance and don't normally look on the front stoop and Mommy Dearest only goes out a few times a month. Even if they ring the bell it usually goes unnoticed.

SailorGirl

If

If I get a package, it's usually on the front step for several days before I find it. I have a private entrance and don't normally look on the front stoop and Mommy Dearest only goes out a few times a month. Even if they ring the bell it usually goes unnoticed.
Trying to come up with something sarcastic but I got nothing - must be getting near my pre-bedtime warm up nap.