Is it ever a good thing when....

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
a representative from the Department of Assessments and Taxation leaves a card at your house saying that your property was reviewed?

I didn't think so. :bawl:

I'm scared.

luvmygdaughters

a representative from the Department of Assessments and Taxation leaves a card at your house saying that your property was reviewed?

I'm scared.

:huggy: Maybe they'll decrease the value and taxes will go down!!.....I know, I know, :whistle: Wishful Thinking.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Is this a random trip? Did they visit the neighbors' homes, as well?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
They came to my house too and I noticed someone put a stake on the property line. :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
Nothing that the county or state knew about..

Until now..

"Well Clem, says here it's 1,000sqft"

"Dunno, Jeb, just paced it off, it's 40x60"

"Hmmmm, Clem, are those curtains in them thar basement windows?"

"Hold on, I'll send Cletus over to look"

"Yep, says it's all finished down there, add another 2,400sqft"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They came to my house too and I noticed someone put a stake on the property line. :shrug:

They (not sure who they is) came out and surveyed all or the property lines about a month ago.. I'm thinking it was for the same purpose.

BlueOx77

I'm scared.

MDAT assesses one third of each county every year to update home values and often times they come out to actually look at homes. It should say on the back of the card if you need to do anything. Otherwise, just sit back and wait for your property tax bill, because it's coming.

Rommey

They came by my house last year and left their card. They were just doing the three year reassessment.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

That's about what we are expecting..

Knew I should have set out those Bear Traps by the windows..

Clem72

Hey now, I know which side my bread is buttered. If it's a 60 year old house on a property that doesn't match the plot and has 10 unpermitted additions/upgrades; then it probably belongs to someone related to my boss. And the commissioners. And the Judge.

1000 sqft it is.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hey now, I know which side my bread is buttered. If it's a 60 year old house on a property that doesn't match the plot and has 10 unpermitted additions/upgrades; then it probably belongs to someone related to my boss. And the commissioners. And the Judge.

1000 sqft it is.

Touche, Sir :)