Is it normal

watercolor

yeah yeah
for one side of your hair to curl better than the other. What I mean is the right side of my head of hair curls and holds a curl much better than the left side. And is there something I can do other than loading my hair down with product to fix this.

Same thing with my eye lashes, as my eyelashes on the left side (the side that is opposite from the good curl side.) are REALLY long. To the point if I blink after I put mascara on, it makes a perfect outline on my undereye.

I know I am odd, so no need to point that out :lmao: However, I am just curious if there are any ideas out there.

SoMDGirl42

for one side of your hair to curl better than the other. What I mean is the right side of my head of hair curls and holds a curl much better than the left side. And is there something I can do other than loading my hair down with product to fix this.

Same thing with my eye lashes, as my eyelashes on the left side (the side that is opposite from the good curl side.) are REALLY long. To the point if I blink after I put mascara on, it makes a perfect outline on my undereye.

I know I am odd, so no need to point that out :lmao: However, I am just curious if there are any ideas out there.

Shave it like Britney and start all over

K

Kain99

Lady at the salon told me one side of my head had damaged hair.... Sounded a lil off.

T

toppick08

:worthless:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Lady at the salon told me one side of my head had damaged hair.... Sounded a lil off.

hrm, I dont know how that would have happened. My locks seem to be more healthy than ever with the prenat's and stuff. Something to ask though I guess when I go and get my hair cut in a few weeks.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

hrm, I dont know how that would have happened. My locks seem to be more healthy than ever with the prenat's and stuff. Something to ask though I guess when I go and get my hair cut in a few weeks.

I'd say it makes sense just because of natural calics that people have...I know that letting my hair grow out, I get a natural curl (like, just at the very bottom of my hair around my neck/shoulder) on one side that sometimes makes my hair look uneven and I would like to either have that curl on both sides or not at all :lol:

belvak

Happy Camper
My hair is pretty straight, but one side will curl better than the other. Someone told me once that your hair grows in a pattern from the root and that is why one side will curl differently than the other. Don't know if they were just blowing smoke or not, but it sounded good!! :lmao:

Last edited:

fumanfyter

it could be a few diff. things, if when you get it done in the salon it curls fine, it may be your hand positioning when changing sides, just a slight change from when you did the other side can make a big differance. also you can have more hair on one side than the other which can effect how the hair looks/acts.

fumanfyter

My hair is pretty straight, but one side will curl better than the other. Someone told me once that your hair grows in a pattern from the root and that is why one side will curl differently than the other. Don't know if they were just blowing smoke or not, but it sounded good!! :lmao:

the direction the hair comes out can mess with how "even" it can look and how it lays when styled, and some people that have straight hair but have strands here and there that are curly is because of the hair shape...hair that looks more like "o" is straight and hair that is more ")" is curly. and thats if you were looking in a microscope of course lol.

H

HouseCat

It's totally possible you've just got curly hair in some spots, and not in others. Ive got curly hair on the nape of my neck and the top/sides are straight as a board. sucks.

M

Mousebaby

My hair has always done this too when I curl it. So I done an experiment. I timed each and every curl as I put it on the iron so they all got equal heating times. My hair came out beautiful! I think I was not holding the iron as long on the side that was less curly. If you think about it, you probably start on the curly side first and by the time you get to the other side your arm is bout wore out! :lmao: So maybe that is the difference. I don't know, but timing each curl works for me! Usually 60 alligators per curl :lol:

Phina

I wonder if that has something to do with the way you sleep? Maybe the hair on one part of your head is actually damaged from the friction between pillow and head night after night?? Interesting thought at least.

My hair never does what I want it to.... on either side of my head.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR

its called bed head:killingme